goHastings.com 30% off Blu-Rays

oh, thanks Hastings, my wallet was just starting to feel full again.

fuck.

/e: all the prices are $2-3 higher than they were last sale, so I'm pretty sure I won't be spending any money this time around.

I've gotten 15 or so used blus from them, all buy 1 have been in mint/complete condition. One came in a BB case, but I replaced the case and now it is like new.

Was thinking about picking up a bunch of stuff earlier, I probably will later if they are still in stock

Man I missed out on the first sale they had where everything was super cheap and been watching it ever since, the last 3 times the prices have been way higher.

Great deal. Got "12 Rounds", "Tropic Thunder", and "Role Models" for $26 shipped. Only bought from Hastings one other time, but it was the "Die Hard Anthology" on Blu Ray for about $30 and it came like it was brand new. (And that was when it was still retailing for $100 or so)

I need to stay away from this forum until I've finished buying Christmas gifts. I'm not going to have any money left to buy them otherwise...

haven't seen either, and damned if curiosity doesn't get the best of me...but I ordered Haunting in Connecticut for 5.46 and the new Blood:The Last Vampire for 13.56. Shipping was 4 bucks....but I can dig it.

[quote name='nightmare452']Made a big order of 12 Blurays for $94, shipped. Including Monsters vs Aliens.[/QUOTE]
damnnn, whatd you get partner

Cautionary Note -> Just got my order (over a two day period).

Haunting in CT came with no digital copy (CSR said they never do....false!)

Blood: The Last Vampire (Live Action) blu came in the form of Fleetwood Mac Rumours on DVD. WTF!

CSR refunded the Blood cost, plus the dollar shipping....but hell if I'm going to pay 2.99 to ship one used copy of Haunting...the damn disc itself was only 5 bucks and change.

Very friendly, but shitty nontheless. She told me I could just keep Fleetwood Mac. Yay.

I ordered

Observe and Report
Role Models

Got them both fast and Both look new, cases are in perfect condition.

I got two Blu Rays and they were in "used" condition we'll just say that. I'm not disappointed but I'm also not totally satisfied either. Probably won't buy from again.

Stay away from GoHastings.com.

I just ordered 9 Blu-Rays from them about a week and a half ago, and they sent me an e-mail 7 days later saying they had to cancel 7 of them because they were "out of stock". I then checked the website, and all of them still said in stock. So their inventory system sucks balls. Also, I ended up being overcharged for shipping. They charge $2.99 for the first movie, and $1 for each additional after the first. So my original shipping charge was $10.99 for the 9 movies (coming out to $1.22/movie). Then when they canceled 7 of the movies, I was charged $3.99 to ship 2 movies (coming out to $1.50/movie). This would have been $2.44 based on my original order.

For one of the 2 movies I actually received, the slip cover was obviously printed out on someone's $20 inkjet printer. The disc works fine, and I know it's just for show, but it's still a little disappointing since the text is unreadable.

Also, I ordered Burnout: Revenge on PS3 a few months back and received some random concert DVD. I contacted them about it and they ended up refunding me, but that should have been the first sign that something was wrong with this business.

The whole company just seems shady and they just give a stock response of "We apologize and sincerely appreciate your business" when you confront them about their inventory system and their shipping scam.

Interesting...that you got some crappy concert DVD...as I got frickin' FLEETWOOD MAC! BAstards. First order was awesome....this one sucks ass. I asked to return the whole order and they didn't answer the question just repeated that the first part was cancelled. Time to call Credit Card company????

oh, and my movie is also showing as in stock. though the CSR said quickly..."we're out."

Dick move.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tidwell']Interesting...that you got some crappy concert DVD...as I got frickin' FLEETWOOD MAC! BAstards. First order was awesome....this one sucks ass. I asked to return the whole order and they didn't answer the question just repeated that the first part was cancelled. Time to call Credit Card company????

oh, and my movie is also showing as in stock. though the CSR said quickly..."we're out."

Dick move.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I tried to buy The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray about a week and a half ago, and I was told about 3 days ago that it was out of stock. When I got that e-mail, I checked the website, and it was still listed as in stock. It still says in stock today, at this very moment. I asked the customer service rep what the deal is, and she said it sometimes takes a while to update their inventory. It's been 10 days since I originally ordered and it still says in stock... I then asked if I ordered it again, would I get another e-mail in a week saying it's out of stock?

I still haven't gotten a response. Their customer service is awful and their inventory tracking is even worse.

Even when I did get a refund on Burnout, they didn't offer to send a replacement. They didn't refund the full shipping fee either...

It's not worth the headache to order from them. GoHastings.com sucks.

It's really not worth the hassle, but I was/am pretty pissed about paying 2.99 shipping for a movie I paid just over 5 bucks for. Don't they know I'm a cheap-ass?

[quote name='DeathMoJo']Thanks for the heads up! Picked up Valkyire, Gran Torino, Taken and the Dark Knight for $35 shipped![/QUOTE]

Just so you know, if you mean the used Blu-Ray versions, you won't be getting Dark Knight or Gran Torino, since those are two of the movies that I ordered over a week ago and my orders were canceled due to them being out of stock... Even though they still show in stock on the website.

If you mean the DVDs, then you might be in luck.

[quote name='TMcKinney69']Just so you know, if you mean the used Blu-Ray versions, you won't be getting Dark Knight or Gran Torino, since those are two of the movies that I ordered over a week ago and my orders were canceled due to them being out of stock... Even though they still show in stock on the website.

If you mean the DVDs, then you might be in luck.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Hastings constantly brings new used stock at each of their B&M locations.

[quote name='thelonepig']Not necessarily. Hastings constantly brings new used stock at each of their B&M locations.[/QUOTE]

Well, then I guess this reflects poorly on Hastings, since they flat out told me today that they were still out of stock on those two movies. I would find it hard to believe they would have any reason to lie to me.

Take your chances at your own risk.

I ordered 2 copies of Tropic Thunder, one for myself and one for a friend at work. Today, I got my third copy, I guess by mistake. I sent them an email and they said I could keep it :D

I've never had a bad experience with goHastings, so I would urge giving them a shot if you are having doubts.

[quote name='fizzywix']I ordered 2 copies of Tropic Thunder, one for myself and one for a friend at work. Today, I got my third copy, I guess by mistake. I sent them an email and they said I could keep it :D

I've never had a bad experience with goHastings, so I would urge giving them a shot if you are having doubts.[/QUOTE]

I guess this would explain why they're running out of stock while the website still says they're "in stock". :lol:

They're giving extra copies of movies to people... What a horribly managed inventory system...

[quote name='TMcKinney69']Just so you know, if you mean the used Blu-Ray versions, you won't be getting Dark Knight or Gran Torino, since those are two of the movies that I ordered over a week ago and my orders were canceled due to them being out of stock... Even though they still show in stock on the website.

If you mean the DVDs, then you might be in luck.[/QUOTE]

I placed my order soon enough it seems as i got all 4 movies. 2 were "rental eclusives" but still came in a blu-ray box so it really wasn't an issue for the price. All blu-ray's worked perfectly fine.

It sucks they leave the status as in-stock but sometimes they only update stock list once per day so that might have been the issue.

yeah i ordered my 3 movies right as well and i had no issues all of them have been received. sorry to hear about the problems.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']I placed my order soon enough it seems as i got all 4 movies. 2 were "rental eclusives" but still came in a blu-ray box so it really wasn't an issue for the price. All blu-ray's worked perfectly fine.

It sucks they leave the status as in-stock but sometimes they only update stock list once per day so that might have been the issue.[/QUOTE]

I would love it if they updated their stock once a day. Then I wouldn't be in this mess to begin with. They don't even update it once a week... It's been 11 days since I ordered and several of the Blu-Rays that I ordered are still listed as "in stock" even though I've been told by the customer service rep that they are in fact out of stock.

[quote name='TMcKinney69']I would love it if they updated their stock once a day. Then I wouldn't be in this mess to begin with. They don't even update it once a week... It's been 11 days since I ordered and several of the Blu-Rays that I ordered are still listed as "in stock" even though I've been told by the customer service rep that they are in fact out of stock.[/QUOTE]

That makes me wonder because i didn't place my order for Gran Torino or the Dark Knight until Monday night, 11/09 and they shipped out 11/12 after Veteran's Day and i received them yesterday, 11/14 from TX.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']That makes me wonder because i didn't place my order for Gran Torino or the Dark Knight until Monday night, 11/09 and they shipped out 11/12 after Veteran's Day and i received them yesterday, 11/14 from TX.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for telling me. That kind of pisses me off, since the customer service rep lied to me. I'll have to give them a call.

bread's done
Back