GoHastings.com - Additional 30% off used movies, 10% off new movies

ryemm

CAGiversary!
I apologize if this has already been posted:

www.gohastings.com/321

Go Hastings is offering a promotional code to take an additional 10, 20, or 30% off of items that may or may not already be on sale. Of importance to this forum is 30% off used movies and 10% off used movies.

Promo code 302010 applied at checkout.

I have ordered used games from gohastings.com on two prior occasions when they have offered B2G1 on used games. All of the games I ordered came in mint/near mint condition. Other people's experiences have varied.I have never ordered used movies, so I cannot attest to their condition.

It's posted like halfway down the first page. I missed out on this the first time, looks like they raised the prices a lot though plus I'd have to pay tax so I'm passing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='csabatini']It's posted like halfway down the first page[/QUOTE]

I saw that post but believed this was a promo to take off an additional amount. I just tried it and it took an additional 10% off of a new blu-ray DVD that was already on sale. So this promo code appears to stack with the already on-going sales.

[quote name='csabatini']It's posted like halfway down the first page. I missed out on this the first time, looks like they raised the prices a lot though plus I'd have to pay tax so I'm passing.[/QUOTE]

I jumped on this the last time and i think your right on your observation the prices do seem higher!! I got to slow up on movie purchasing i have so many that i haven't had the time to watch yet!!

With the great experience I had the first time ordering with them, I wanted to give them another try with the 30% OFF code.

I looked up Sin City to find it was out of stock, but I slapped it on my Wishlist. It showed another movie I had already ordered was still in my Wishlist so I took it out, and it gave me the option to put Sin City in my Cart – so I did. Using the coupon code on it, I ended up getting it for $14 flat, and already got an email saying it shipped.

So if the BR you're looking for is "Out of Stock" try putting it on your Wishlist and checking the availability there. BTW Sin City is still showing 'Out of Stock' when searching for it.

I am now seeing the same thing happening to Planet Terror right now, so I would definitely check out any selections that are listed 'Out of Sock'
This wasn't a one-time fluke…

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Seasick Pirate']With the great experience I had the first time ordering with them, I wanted to give them another try with the 30% OFF code.

I looked up Sin City to find it was out of stock, but I slapped it on my Wishlist. It showed another movie I had already ordered was still in my Wishlist so I took it out, and it gave me the option to put Sin City in my Cart – so I did. Using the coupon code on it, I ended up getting it for $14 flat, and already got an email saying it shipped.

So if the BR you're looking for is "Out of Stock" try putting it on your Wishlist and checking the availability there. BTW Sin City is still showing 'Out of Stock' when searching for it.

I am now seeing the same thing happening to Planet Terror right now, so I would definitely check out any selections that are listed 'Out of Sock'
This wasn't a one-time fluke…
[/QUOTE]

did you get an email saying it shipped or just order confirmation? its very likely you'll get a cancellation if it was the latter.

[quote name='GoHastings.com']Hello from goHastings.com,
Thanks for your order!

Your order placed on 10/12/2009 has been completed.
The following item(s) on your order have been shipped.[/QUOTE]

I received an email confirming I placed the order, another saying the item(s) were ready for shipment, and this third message.

It's not every 'Out of Stock' item, so this seems to be some strange glitch preventing items from coming out of that state. If there's something you want, just give it a shot. That's what I did. The worst that can happen is the item is out of stock and it takes a long time before it is shipped, or your order is canceled. Worth a shot!

gotcha, yeah thanks. sin city isnt oos anymore it seems normally either. the deal isnt worth it to me since shipping is a lot. (2.99 for first item and $1 per movie thereafter, or so) normally wouldnt be too bad but they seem to have bumped prices lately.

Down to 20% on used. But I did pick up Dark Knight, Marley & Me, Incredible Hulk, and Wall-E used on Blu-Ray with the discount for ~$40 total. Not bad.

So I ordered a few movies on Sunday and didn't get the code applied to my order. I emailed them and got this response:

Thank you for your email. We apologize your order did not receive the
30% off as your order did not consist of the qualifying titles. The
promotion is for 30% Off NEW Books and USED Books, Movies, & Music. This
does not include the Previously Viewed DVD or Blu-Rays.

We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this may have caused.
If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
us.

I ordered 3 used/previously used blu-rays. Are they not movies? Ah well, got a decent deal even without the code.

Well, I think that there is a difference between their "used" and "previously viewed" movies. From what has been previously posted in the video game deals thread, "previously viewed" games are ones that they have previously rented, while "used" are games that have been traded-in. I would imagine that the same definitions would apply to movies.

That said, I would have thought that "previously viewed" would have qualified as "used", but I guess they are strict on the definitions. If its worth it to you, you may want to try and change the order to "used" copies of the movies you purchased. In addition to possibly saving you money, the "used" movies are likely in better condition having been traded-in as opposed to rented.

bread's done
Back