goHastings.com has deals, but is it a scam?

It's a great site to buy from. Great condition games that mostly come complete, fast shipping, and if you have a problem, CS will take care of it no problem.

[quote name='HydroX']Wrong forum, and no, Hastings is a retail store chain like Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
If so do excuse me, I thought it would fit right into the "Video Game Deals" forum since it is about video game deals. Thusly the people reading in this forum would know more about deals than anywhere else, and I all ready got an answer. :)

Cheers addicted2games, and you too Hydro.

Not a scam, although most people here have shopped used with goHastings and the condition of the item obviously varies. For what it's worth, I've shopped there dozens of times and had only one problem, which they refunded me on and let me keep the item.

Why don't you state some specific examples of shady business rather than just saying I heard some things said by some people etc.
I mean this wouldn't be so bad if you put it in the correct forum, but it's not.

[quote name='VintageTurtle']If so do excuse me, I thought it would fit right into the "Video Game Deals" forum since it is about video game deals. Thusly the people reading in this forum would know more about deals than anywhere else, and I all ready got an answer. :)

Cheers addicted2games, and you too Hydro.[/QUOTE]

Oh hay CheapyD, didn't know you changed your login. If it's cool to post questions in the deal forum now, you should get rid of the BIG RED WORDS AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM so people know it's okay. Thanks.

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

and finally....

Maybe OP is colorblind?

Anyway, hastings is good. The only bad thing is that they don't provide tracking numbers.

But recently I ordered 2 used copies of Mario Party and one of them came sealed. The other was complete. If I had ordered from Gamestop, there was a 90% chance that my copy wouldve been in a generic case with shit on the disc.

Gee I wonder what kind of thread this one is. OP isn't posting a deal, for one...help me out here, buds.

ya i agree with confoosious hastings doesn't provide tracking numbers, but everything is fine so far. I just received my copy of bayonetta (1 of 3 games i ordered) and it came with everything, case, manual, and the game had not one scratch at all.

[quote name='VintageTurtle']Pardon my mistake knobheads, I am only human.[/QUOTE]

See that doesn't help.

You made a mistake. No need to compound it by being a douche.

Just take your lumps and don't do it again.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

Gee I wonder what kind of thread this one is. OP isn't posting a deal, for one...help me out here, buds.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what the fuss is about, the OP specifically says gohastings.com "has deals." Sounds pretty specific to me.

[quote name='VintageTurtle']If so do excuse me, I thought it would fit right into the "Video Game Deals" forum since it is about video game deals. Thusly the people reading in this forum would know more about deals than anywhere else, and I all ready got an answer. :)

.[/QUOTE]

political-pictures-george-bush-fail.jpg

[quote name='ackbar7']I don't know what the fuss is about, the OP specifically says gohastings.com "has deals." Sounds pretty specific to me.[/QUOTE]
There's a difference giving us an actual deal we haven't seen yet & just saying there's deals then asking a personal question, which the line in blood red specifically states not to make.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']There's a difference giving us an actual deal we haven't seen yet & just saying there's deals then asking a personal question, which the line in blood red specifically states not to make.[/QUOTE]

I think he was being facetious.

[quote name='ackbar7']I am pretty sure I was being sarcastic, but then again online one never really knows.[/QUOTE]

so you're saying you made the comment, but when you read it online, it became unclear whether you were being sarcastic or not? also, unclear is an anagram for nuclear.

why would I even type this post? oh well, doesn't matter, this is the deal forum. We can post anything we damn well please here now.

[quote name='ackbar7']I don't know what the fuss is about, the OP specifically says gohastings.com "has deals." Sounds pretty specific to me.[/QUOTE]
29vnspz.gif

Seriously? This thread has already pushed past two pages and 90% of it is from you lot complaining that it's in the wrong forum, long after the original question has been answered? I'm pretty sure net etiquette dictates being polite even that being the case, which VintageTurtle has been when you guys haven't.

Save the vitriol for when it's actually warranted, i.e. spammers.

[quote name='VintageTurtle']If so do excuse me, I thought it would fit right into the "Video Game Deals" forum since it is about video game deals.

[/QUOTE]

Care-Bear.jpg

I am apparently having serious sarcasm fail in this forum. Damn me and my cluttering up of this thread, which is itself just clutter.

Even when they screwed up for me (ordered Mana Khemia 2 used twice, shipped everything but the game itself), they just gave me a refund and told me to keep the goodies.

yea, your not sapposed to post questions here if you didn't know already :D

i just received 3 games from them today, only had 1 mistake but nothing big, if you have a problem with them just call costemer service and they send you a new one or give you a refund. the retail stores arn't everywhere though.

Well, while this thread is even up... Anyone have any good/bad experiences with discs being scratched to shit or incomplete games? Can't seem to find on their site if they ship complete or not...

Just don't buy strategy guides, they throw them in a flat rate envelope and the spines get bent. This has happened both times I ordered guides frm them

[quote name='darkslime']Just don't buy strategy guides, they throw them in a flat rate envelope and the spines get bent. This has happened both times I ordered guides frm them[/QUOTE]
Heh, damn, that is what I wanted to order off of them as well. I hope that at least issued you a full refund or sent another your way as I have been hearing they do.

[quote name='darkslime']Just don't buy strategy guides, they throw them in a flat rate envelope and the spines get bent. This has happened both times I ordered guides frm them[/QUOTE]
Damn. I was gonna see if they had a Darksiders guide in stock since both Best Buys by me pre-pulled everything before this last penny drop.:cry:

But, just so you know, I've been sending games and guides in flat rate envelopes and those envelopes are pretty durable. Maybe you just have an asshole mailman who tries to fold everything, including stuff that says DO NOT BEND on it?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn. I was gonna see if they had a Darksiders guide in stock since both Best Buys by me pre-pulled everything before this last penny drop.:cry:

But, just so you know, I've been sending games and guides in flat rate envelopes and those envelopes are pretty durable. Maybe you just have an asshole mailman who tries to fold everything, including stuff that says DO NOT BEND on it?[/QUOTE]I'm not sure, but the spines get damaged whenever they're sent, and I've fucked up and had people complain about some art books I sent in envelopes getting damaged. Now I put a piece of cardboard on each side of the guide and no one has said their books arrived damaged.

And I didn't get a refund, I didn't bother to try because they were still readable guides that were OOP and more expensive everywhere else.

Exactly. I'm looking right now at a couple guides for games that I currently want them for but the guides either A) haven't pennied yet or B) I couldn't get them the last time Gamestop or Best Buy pennied some.

[quote name='Brian9824']Send me a list of guides and i'll check my stash Iamthecheapestgamer[/QUOTE]
The ones I want either just pennied from Best Buy recently(Saboteur/Darksiders) or haven't pennied as of yet(Just Cause 2). But I found a source for both of them and one of them is only $1.99(before shipping).

Thanks for the offer though.:D

I just got a guide in from gohastings.com today and yes it has some slight spine bending, not the kind you get from opening the book. But overall its not too bad, I am going to use this guide with my game so it will get some wear anyways. Now if you are looking for collector quality guides, you probably dont want to buy from gohastings as they ship in a bubble mailer with no extra protection and the guide most likely will have spine/corner/edge damage.

For the prices I saw for the guides I wanna buy(especially considering one hasn't even pennied out yet) I'm willing to take a chance on the guides, just so long as they don't charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

Yeah thats the one bad thing about them, their shipping charges went WAY up. Kind of makes me think twice before ordering from them now.

Oh. Define 'way up' though. I ordered from them last fall(2 PS3 games) and I think they were charging like $4-5 a game for shipping, which was understandable since they came from seperate stores.

I should do a test transaction to see how much over the $1.99 price for the one guide I want from this last BB drop will cost for shipping.

IATCG, I ordered 2 games and 3 guides and the shipping was only $9.21. Thats not that bad considering the 5 items will most likely be shipped all separately.

[quote name='addicted2games']IATCG, I ordered 2 games and 3 guides and the shipping was only $9.21. Thats not that bad considering the 5 items will most likely be shipped all separately.[/QUOTE]
That's NOT bad at all. I've been considering grabbing Uncharted 2 again(it's less than $30 used on their site;))and I might even grab Oblivion GOTY for PS3(currently $15 NEW on their site during their June sale:D)on top of the 2-3 guides I've been looking at.

Although there's only ONE copy of the one guide and it's $4 and change, which is a nice price since it hasn't pennied yet.

bread's done
Back