gohastings.com reliability?

bert90987

CAGiversary!
I was wondering what people think of gohastings.com and what their bad and or good experiences have been with them regarding new game purchases?

thanks for the replies

I think they are awesome actually. I was skeptical back around the holidays when I first bought some used games from them, but after checking into them I found they were a pretty reliable and growing retailer. I've bought 6 "Used" games from them so far and they were all in great condition with the boxes and most had the manual. From what I've read, stay away from the "Previously viewed" games as those were rentals in their stores where the "Used" games are simply trade ins. Oh and watch for the good sales like the "Buy 2 get one for $1". That's when I buy.

[quote name='Penetrator72']I think they are awesome actually. I was skeptical back around the holidays when I first bought some used games from them, but after checking into them I found they were a pretty reliable and growing retailer. I've bought 6 "Used" games from them so far and they were all in great condition with the boxes and most had the manual. From what I've read, stay away from the "Previously viewed" games as those were rentals in their stores where the "Used" games are simply trade ins. Oh and watch for the good sales like the "Buy 2 get one for $1". That's when I buy.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply. How much is shipping on average or does it depend on what you get?

thanks

I bought like 5 games from them during their last big clearance sale...the shipping is expensive. It was a little over $3, which was more expensive than some of the games I bought. They are super reliable; totally legit.

I just bought 4 dvds (all previously viewed) and 3 games (1 previously viewed, 2 used) from them. I received all but one in the mail day before yesterday and received the last one today. Everything is excellent condition.

I am very happy with my purchase and will definitly buy from them again if I see something else I want at a price I like.

What I bought:
F.E.A.R. (Xbox 360, Used) - Good condition. No stickers. Couple small dings in plastic around case, but is to be expected with used games I guess. Tiny bit of sticker residue near the top of the case, also to be expected I suppose. Neither of which is very noticeable.
F.E.A.R. Files (Xbox 360, Previously viewed) - Sticker on lower right of box that reads "Empty box for display only!" GoHastings logo sticker over the upc on the back of the case. Disc has a number written on it and a sticker around the center shiny part of the disc, is to be expected with buying a previous rental. Plays flawlessly and case/manual are in mint condition, disc is in near mint condition.
Crackdown (Xbox 360, Used) - Good condition. Had a few have torn stickers on the case, but got them off with some patience. Case in same condition as F.E.A.R.
Yes Man (DVD, Previously viewed) - Mint condition. Looks practically new. Has a small "Previously viewed guaranteed" sticker on the front. Disc is a dual sided disc (ws on one side, fs on the other) both sides look excellent.
The Dark Knight (DVD, Previously viewed) - Mint condition. Again looks brand new.
Shaun of the Dead (DVD, Previously viewed) - Case is in excellent condition. Disc is in very good condition. Has a similar sticker round the center of the disc as F.E.A.R. Files did.
The Informant (DVD, Previously viewed) - Art has "Rental" on the bottom front of it. The art came that way. The dvd does as well. I am assuming this dvd was purchased in bulk strictly for rental. Disc has similar sticker on it as SotD and Fear Files. (There is no different in the DVD art other than the "Rental" on the front. Same glossy paper and everything.

I'm pro at stickers now so those arent a problem for me. I am extremely happy with my purchase and my price with the recent sale. Crackdown is fun as hell and I am so happy I found it because I was in desperate need of something addicting and fun to play. I was waiting forever to find it for that price and now Im wishing I had bought it sooner. lol.

*edit: Oh yeah. Shipping was about $2.30 per item for me.

I've bought three games (2 used, 1 new) and 4 used blu-ray movies.
I have received
1 used game: great condition, case and game disc but no manual. It was a rental as it had a sticker around the center that came off easily.
4 used blu-ray movies: in proper cases, discs were in excellent condition.
The other used game should be here tomorrow and the new game is ModNation Racers which doesn't come out until the 25th of this month. The shipping fees are a bit on the high end as they were $2.28 per title so watch what you buy. I was going to order a couple used blu-rays but with shipping, they ended up being cheaper, brand new at Walmart.com.

extremely reliable and great customer service, both online and for B&M stores.

as far as buying from them.. everything that I have ordered (mostly Blu-Ray movies) have come complete and like new (except Last House on the Left didn't have a slipcover :( ).. one movie was still sealed!

I love em, but be warned, they think packaging everything in bubble envelopes is fine. My Batman Arkham Asylum collectors edition was shipped in a large bubble wrap envelope.

Bought three of the Rock Band track packs new from them back around the holiday season. All arrived as expected, sealed and in brand new condition. Like almost everyone mentioned, the downside is the ~$3 per game shipping cost, but with the sale they were having, it was still the best price I could find. With my order, all 3 games shipped from different locations, so they must ship from wherever they have said items in stock. I'm not complaining since they got to me faster than they would have otherwise.

Sorry for the bump.

I was looking to purchase some games from goHastings and had a question. It says on their shipping faq that their items don't include any tracking information. Do they not include delivery confirmation at all? I have a P.O. box and don't check mail frequently, so I was just wondering about the delivery confirmation thing. Thanks for any replies!

I just bought a used game (1st purchase from them) from them through Amazon and I have a question as well. How long does it take for them to ship and how long is the delivery? If I bought it Wednesday Oct 6th, can I expect to get by Friday nest week?

[quote name='xtreme2003']Sorry for the bump.

I was looking to purchase some games from goHastings and had a question. It says on their shipping faq that their items don't include any tracking information. Do they not include delivery confirmation at all? I have a P.O. box and don't check mail frequently, so I was just wondering about the delivery confirmation thing. Thanks for any replies![/QUOTE]

I've bought from them in the past, and no, they don't email any sort of tracking info. There are delivery confirmation numbers on the packages, but I guess that's more for them to make sure the packages got there.

[quote name='madbst']I just bought a used game (1st purchase from them) from them through Amazon and I have a question as well. How long does it take for them to ship and how long is the delivery? If I bought it Wednesday Oct 6th, can I expect to get by Friday nest week?[/QUOTE]

Well I've bought directly from gohastings but if they process their orders the same you SHOULD get it within the next week.

[quote name='rainking187']I've bought from them in the past, and no, they don't email any sort of tracking info. There are delivery confirmation numbers on the packages, but I guess that's more for them to make sure the packages got there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

bread's done
Back