Gohastings.com used 250GB HD $88 + shipping

[quote name='Serpentor']Still not a deal... newegg runs good hdd deals, new 650gb hdd for $65 shipped.[/QUOTE]

A 650 GB hard drive for Xbox 360?

[quote name='Serpentor']Still not a deal... newegg runs good hdd deals, new 650gb hdd for $65 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Xbox hard drives come in 650gb models now? Or is someone just being a deal crasher..

Also, anyone know if the used version comes with a data transfer cable?

[quote name='illennium']A 650 GB hard drive for Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Camre']Xbox hard drives come in 650gb models now? Or is someone just being a deal crasher..

Also, anyone know if the used version comes with a data transfer cable?[/QUOTE]

I think the guy is referring to regular model hard drives without realizing they only work with 360s if you can successfully mod them. Furthermore, hard drives are 640GB in size, as opposed to 650, as that number is divisible by 8 -- the binary trait of all data.

Yeah guys I just listed the 250gb one since it actually doesn't need to be modded to work. Don't know about the data transfer cable though, guess you could always buy one and return it after its used to a clerk that wouldn't know any better? And yes, I'm aware that there are considerably cheaper drives that have more storage(i.e. 640GB) but one would need to modify it to make it work and the common gamer doesn't know how to do that I would assume unlike PS3(which I also have) which is obviously more user-friendly to swap out HDDs.

yeah any non-official drives will not let you play original Xbox games, and future 360 updates may not let you use it at all

Getting a new hdd and making your own is a much better deal (and more fun). :) I did that about a month or so ago, works like a charm, updated with the new dashboard and everything. For the gamers who don't like to dabble in that sort of thing though this is probably a good deal, better than paying twice that for a new Microsoft hdd.

bread's done
Back