goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what the new deal for the week is if there will be one?

I'm hoping this 60% stays and we get more free shipping days.

Anyone has any experience requesting refunds/replacements from them?

I picked up a copy of call of duty black ops to be used as a gift. The game arrived fine, but the instruction manual was all torn up with only 4 pages. The site's package content for the game clearly states " Package Contents: 12-page Instruction Manual"

[quote name='Dreamgazer']Anyone has any experience requesting refunds/replacements from them?

I picked up a copy of call of duty black ops to be used as a gift. The game arrived fine, but the instruction manual was all torn up with only 4 pages. The site's package content for the game clearly states " Package Contents: 12-page Instruction Manual"[/QUOTE]
lol throw away the manual and replace it with a Christmas card, the kid won't care.

[quote name='Dreamgazer']Anyone has any experience requesting refunds/replacements from them?

I picked up a copy of call of duty black ops to be used as a gift. The game arrived fine, but the instruction manual was all torn up with only 4 pages. The site's package content for the game clearly states " Package Contents: 12-page Instruction Manual"[/QUOTE]
Go into Gamestop, throw them a $5 pre-order for X or Y game, then ask if you could grab the manual you need. Then cancel the pre-order later on.;)

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I ordered NHL slapshot wii bundle for 25 dollars shipped two days.

Today I get an email. They cancel it due to lack of being in stock at their supplier.

So I check on the website and see one used in stock for 37.99.

Are you friggin kidding me?[/QUOTE]

Sorry. We are currently having some data issues on this title that we are going to clean up today (along with some other titles).

[quote name='gohastings']Sorry. We are currently having some data issues on this title that we are going to clean up today (along with some other titles).[/QUOTE]

Gohastings posts here?

[quote name='gohastings']Sorry. We are currently having some data issues on this title that we are going to clean up today (along with some other titles).[/QUOTE]

better clear up that Ys: The Oath In Felghana then its been back in stock 3 times after they cancelled my order... after the lack of CS i gotten since then (was lyed to over the phone saying a person would call me back within 24 hours to deal with this problem last monday--- been a week and still no phone call)

i doubt i will deal with this company again

[quote name='henryVIII']For anyone else getting this error, I just tried logging in again after an hour or so and was able to access the Order Status just fine and everything appears to look correct.

I just hope I don't get any random cancellation now.[/QUOTE]

Aaaaand, there is my random cancellation. wtf, Hastings?

Wondered why my order hadn't shipped, so I logged in to check order status and its showing as canceled. Didn't even get an email notification from them. I had to log in and check for myself.

GoHastings: Can you help out? I don't care about my order being late, I would just like you to honor the sale price and free shipping. I can PM you my order details if it would help.

[quote name='henryVIII']Aaaaand, there is my random cancellation. wtf, Hastings?

Wondered why my order hadn't shipped, so I logged in to check order status and its showing as canceled. Didn't even get an email notification from them. I had to log in and check for myself.

GoHastings: Can you help out? I don't care about my order being late, I would just like you to honor the sale price and free shipping. I can PM you my order details.[/QUOTE]
Don't bother, because they won't. You can try re-buying it again if it comes back in stock, but they won't give you the price or a raincheck, etc.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']Don't bother, because they won't. You can try re-buying it again if it comes back in stock, but they won't give you the price or a raincheck, etc.[/QUOTE]

True. I had a $400 order a while back where I got some smoking deals. They cancelled it as they thought my card was stolen (for no reason other than the high total price). They messed up and told me to re-order, even thought the sale was over.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']Don't bother, because they won't. You can try re-buying it again if it comes back in stock, but they won't give you the price or a raincheck, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the last time I placed an order with them, the same thing happened. Random cancellation. They would not honor the sale price, but did offer a gift card.

The gift card was nice and I thought I'd give them another shot during this sale, but here I am again in the same situation.

Its confusing too, because the item was certainly in-stock when I ordered it. In fact, during the past few days, I have seen the item go out-of-stock and back in-stock a number of times.

[quote name='henryVIII']Its confusing too, because the item was certainly in-stock when I ordered it. In fact, during the past few days, I have seen the item go out-of-stock and back in-stock a number of times.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the "in stock" info on their store web site is not 100% accurate for used items, probably due to a combination of things. One of these is that they are probably listing the combined inventory from multiple retails stores and some of these stores may not be able to find the item on their shelves after you've placed your order. This could be because they incorrectly had it listed when they didn't really have it, or it was misplaced in the store and they couldn't find it (only to possibly find it later when cleaning up the shelves), or someone bought it in-store after you placed your order but before they could pull it off the shelf to fulfill your order. And if they are taking trade-ins from customers, a new copy could come in in-between all of the above things happening, which just makes things even more confusing.

There also seem to be some serious glitches in their system on particular items where a item never gets delisted even though it is clearly not in stock. This creates the situation where your item gets cancelled, you reorder it, it gets cancelled again so on. They might occasionally fulfill one of these orders if they get some inventory of that item, but most of the orders just keep getting cancelled.

I was also checking my various orders online yesterday and saw that several of my "in-progress" orders showed "out of stock" under the description while others said "Usually ships within 48 hours". I thought for sure this would mean that these items would be cancelled, but I then received shipping notifications for many of these so I guess not.

It's not a perfect system, but as long as you realize that it is more like a lottery system where your chances of getting your order are very high, then you realize that GH isn't an evil company trying to screw people over. They are giving you a chance to buy the used games at a pretty significant discount, but when thousands of people are all trying to get the same game, they won't all be winners.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I'm pretty sure the "in stock" info on their store web site is not 100% accurate for used items, probably due to a combination of things. One of these is that they are probably listing the combined inventory from multiple retails stores and some of these stores may not be able to find the item on their shelves after you've placed your order. This could be because they incorrectly had it listed when they didn't really have it, or it was misplaced in the store and they couldn't find it (only to possibly find it later when cleaning up the shelves), or someone bought it in-store after you placed your order but before they could pull it off the shelf to fulfill your order. And if they are taking trade-ins from customers, a new copy could come in in-between all of the above things happening, which just makes things even more confusing.

There also seem to be some serious glitches in their system on particular items where a item never gets delisted even though it is clearly not in stock. This creates the situation where your item gets cancelled, you reorder it, it gets cancelled again so on. They might occasionally fulfill one of these orders if they get some inventory of that item, but most of the orders just keep getting cancelled.

I was also checking my various orders online yesterday and saw that several of my "in-progress" orders showed "out of stock" under the description while others said "Usually ships within 48 hours". I thought for sure this would mean that these items would be cancelled, but I then received shipping notifications for many of these so I guess not.

It's not a perfect system, but as long as you realize that it is more like a lottery system where your chances of getting your order are very high, then you realize that GH isn't an evil company trying to screw people over. They are giving you a chance to buy the used games at a pretty significant discount, but when thousands of people are all trying to get the same game, they won't all be winners.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. And I certainly don't think GH is an evil company, I just think their system leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe its just my bad luck, but the two times I've tried to place an order with them, both my orders were canceled days after I submitted them without any notification. Couple that with the fact that they rarely reply to support emails, and when you finally do get someone on the phone, they don't really offer many helpful suggestions, its just not a pleasant shopping experience.

I tried calling them and waited on hold for 22 minutes before someone picked up, and as suspected, they weren't much help. Just said item is out of stock, and if I want to order it again, I'd have to pay full price then call them for a retroactive refund. No thanks.

I guess I just wish they would allow orders to remain open even if the item is on backorder, instead of canceling them the moment an item goes out-of-stock. That way customers dont miss out on the sale price.

WOW, after 6 cancellations I finally got a used Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on PS3 for $23.05 on my 7th try, woohoo!!!! Thanks for the heads up OP!!!

Nice little surprise from Hastings today...my Modern Warfare 2 PS3 arrived in the mail ($15.80 dlvd) and it's the hardened edition! Very cool.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']WOW, after 6 cancellations I finally got a used Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on PS3 for $23.05 on my 7th try, woohoo!!!! Thanks for the heads up OP!!![/QUOTE]

I had to order Splatterhouse 7 times before it finally took. Oddly enough, it showed up as cancelled and then several days later it was shipped.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Nice little surprise from Hastings today...my Modern Warfare 2 PS3 arrived in the mail ($15.80 dlvd) and it's the hardened edition! Very cool.[/QUOTE]

Does it come with all the extras with the hardened edition?

Yeah, GoHastings has been a mixed experience for me over the last two years of buying from them, but weighted on the positive side.

Last year I received a couple of games that were damaged. I emailed them and never got a response back, but then eventually saw a credit appear on my credit card for the damaged items so I was satisfied in the end.

This year I think the "Buy 2 get 1 for $1" deal was a bust because when they were often unable to fill the order completely, it could screw you over because you ended up paying full price (or screw them over if you got the $1 game for $1 w/o having to pay for the others). Discounting individual items is a much better type of promotion.

The Free Shipping promotion was pretty awesome because, when combined with the discounts, there were some pretty darn good deals (at least if you could get them).

GoHastings left a bad taste in my mouth back in the summer with the Nier cancellation but since they honored the LA Noire price mistake and my New Vegas for $28 they've redeemed themselves.

[quote name='foreinter']Does it come with all the extras with the hardened edition?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what extras are even supposed to come with it, but it did come with the hardcover book, steelbook case and extra slipcover

Ordered God of War III, Batman: AA PS3, Bioshock 2 360, and the Wii Code Lyoko game about the same time last week and got all but Arkham (which is still in 'In Progress' limbo) in today. Discs all look good enough, and nothing else that can't be fixed by just swapping the shell cases w/ some other game I don't care about.

They really set the bar high back in the Fall for me though when they shipped a used but immaculate Mass Effect 2 with an unused Cerberus Code.

[quote name='gastrophetes']Ordered God of War III, Batman: AA PS3, Bioshock 2 360, and the Wii Code Lyoko game about the same time last week and got all but Arkham (which is still in 'In Progress' limbo) in today. Discs all look good enough, and nothing else that can't be fixed by just swapping the shell cases w/ some other game I don't care about.

They really set the bar high back in the Fall for me though when they shipped a used but immaculate Mass Effect 2 with an unused Cerberus Code.[/QUOTE]

u should thank the nice bloke who traded it in instead ;)

I got Used Alan Wake & Raving Rabbids TV party in the mail today. Both discs had very light scratches, nothing to complain about there. But my $1.00 game was canceled so I got jipped a little on the two more expensive games.

A nice surprise though, the Alan Wake DLC Code was unused in the manual.

The bill was 29.71 for the two games. So that's average 14.855 for each game (With Tax & Shipping). Not terrible I guess.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Not sure what extras are even supposed to come with it, but it did come with the hardcover book, steelbook case and extra slipcover[/QUOTE]

Mine's still en route, hopefully it'll be in the same condition.

Bought Damnation and Jericho during the stacked 20% off and free shipping deal. Cost me just under 10 bucks. They both shipped today. Heres hoping they both have the case and manuals. Have had pretty good luck so far with them. Outa about 20 PS3 games only 2 were missing the manuals and all had the original case and boxart and all were in good condition.

I ordered 15 trade paperbacks a while back with the 5 for $20 and the b2g1 and the expedited shipping.

So I got 15 books for $64. Each one is $20+ brand new, I say this because every single book that I received was in near mint condition. Plus there were multiple hardcovers. I was very excited, almost to the point where I nearly took a picture to show the haul and how perfect they all are.

yeah the five games i ordered came in pretty damn good condition. those with cardboard sleeves had them. this company is great. i've been saying it for a while after dealing with them on amazon.com. i didn't realize they had a website until i came here.

i order stuff and i get it like four days later (sometimes 3) and i live in nys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered twice from GoHastings in the past and swore them off after getting awful discs, broken cases, and/or incomplete games. However, I picked up X-Men Origins Wolverine and Mass Effect for 16.xx last week and both look brand new and are complete. Extremely impressive. I'll be back for more from GoHastings.

I finally got all my packages, woot! And thanks for clearing up about the final price which is in a later shipping email.

[quote name='henryVIII']Wondered why my order hadn't shipped, so I logged in to check order status and its showing as canceled. Didn't even get an email notification from them. I had to log in and check for myself.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, when they are bogged down; their automated emails to tell you that a game has been cancelled may take over 2 days. It might be much easier to check the order status from the website, when you can access it.

[quote name='gorebago']Is the deal over? Games don't seem to be marking down an additional 20% when put in the cart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that last weekend, GT5 shows up used as $46ish in the cart. I think it's over for the additional 20%. But like many others here, it's was sure fun while it lasted.

got 2 more new games that I paid low used price for. Bayonetta and Episodes from Liberty City brand new for about $10 each.

btw, these were ordered before the free shipping day so they took a while..who cares tho ?

I had placed an order from Go Hastings and the website was sLllLoowww.

I tried to place one order it it stayed on the "connecting to server" for 20+ minutes.
I checked my email and no sale ever processed so I hit stop.

A bit later (after removing a game or two) I tried to reprocess the order and finally after a few minutes it went through.

I got my confirmation for the 2nd order and thought everything was fine.
A couple of days later I got my shipping confirmations - still no issues.

Hoewver, checking my bank card today I have 3 pending sales through gohstings.
1 for the first order that never processed.
and 2 for the 2nd order that did go through....

I am not looking forward to dealing with my bank and gohastings about the two pending orders that don't exist.

The Go Hastings rep on CAG here, John, said he took care of my issue where the free shipping coupon didn't apply to my order. Here's hoping it goes through like its supposed to!

[quote name='kodave']The Go Hastings rep on CAG here, John, said he took care of my issue where the free shipping coupon didn't apply to my order. Here's hoping it goes through like its supposed to![/QUOTE]

I'll have to shoot him a pm then, doesn't look like my e-mail's going to get a proper response.

I do love the used book pricing. Mealworms Life is 94,999.98 for the used paperback. New it is 8.95, but after someone else uses it it goes up by 10s of thousands of dollars.

[quote name='ackbar7']I do love the used book pricing. Mealworms Life is 94,999.98 for the used paperback. New it is 8.95, but after someone else uses it it goes up by 10s of thousands of dollars.[/QUOTE]

Ironically, that order would probably get cancelled due to lack of inventory. :)

Yeah I noticed that last weekend, GT5 shows up used as $46ish in the cart. I think it's over for the additional 20%. But like many others here, it's was sure fun while it lasted.

movies and stuff are marking down an extra 20 percent so it's weird how it's not working for games. i have a couple on order (blu rays) so i hope they don't readjust them

[quote name='ackbar7']I do love the used book pricing. Mealworms Life is 94,999.98 for the used paperback. New it is 8.95, but after someone else uses it it goes up by 10s of thousands of dollars.[/QUOTE]

Buy it new, then trade it in. Best flip ever.

I sent a letter to the attorney general in my state anyway since you guys have a few stores out in my area. I know it may or not be your fault but now my credit card limit is tied up and I don't get what I wanted. It sucks.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I sent a letter to the attorney general in my state anyway since you guys have a few stores out in my area. I know it may or not be your fault but now my credit card limit is tied up and I don't get what I wanted. It sucks.[/QUOTE]

make sure you contact the bbb as well

My game and my DVD I bought on Free Shipping Day have both shipped, though I expected them to as they're both older, not-in-demand titles.

Everything I ordered from this sale arrived except Arcania: Gothic 4, which was shipped "Expedited" back on the 14th. Things I've ordered since then have already arrived - and they were shipped First Class.

Should've been here before the weekend. Sure hoping it arrives tomorrow...

What's their exchange policy? My Tom Clancy's Vegas 2 XBox 360 just arrived yesterday with some deep enough scratches on the disc that you could feel them with your fingers. The disc won't install on the hard drive past 12% without giving the error message that the disc is dirty or scratched.

It does load okay, but should I be worried that at about 12% through the game while playing it that it would just stop since it can't read the disc during the installation process? Do I have to pay for shipping if I'm returning it in exchange for another Vegas 2 disc? Thanks.

[quote name='Investor']What's their exchange policy? My Tom Clancy's Vegas 2 XBox 360 just arrived yesterday with some deep enough scratches on the disc that you could feel them with your fingers. The disc won't install on the hard drive past 12% without giving the error message that the disc is dirty or scratched.

It does load okay, but should I be worried that at about 12% through the game while playing it that it would just stop since it can't read the disc during the installation process? Do I have to pay for shipping if I'm returning it in exchange for another Vegas 2 disc? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=FAQ#refunds-and-returns

I had an issue with hastings when I ordered a bunch of action figures a while back that they completely screwed up and refused to honor the price. However I gave them another shot and have ordered from them a few more times. Every game has been mint, looks like they took the wrapper off the game and shipped it.

Only2 issues i've had with the games weren't really issues at all, but some here may not like it. One had a hastings sticker on the desk in the center around the hole and the other didn't come with a manual. Neither bothered me too much at all.

I ordered 6 games about 2 months ago and beat them and sold them for more than I paid for. I ended up buying another 25 or so games since then.

How are the blu rays? As long as the cases and covers are in good condition(My OCD) I'm sold.

[quote name='henryVIII']Thanks. And I certainly don't think GH is an evil company, I just think their system leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe its just my bad luck, but the two times I've tried to place an order with them, both my orders were canceled days after I submitted them without any notification. Couple that with the fact that they rarely reply to support emails, and when you finally do get someone on the phone, they don't really offer many helpful suggestions, its just not a pleasant shopping experience.

I tried calling them and waited on hold for 22 minutes before someone picked up, and as suspected, they weren't much help. Just said item is out of stock, and if I want to order it again, I'd have to pay full price then call them for a retroactive refund. No thanks.

I guess I just wish they would allow orders to remain open even if the item is on backorder, instead of canceling them the moment an item goes out-of-stock. That way customers dont miss out on the sale price.[/QUOTE]

I think you and Darkonjohn have some fair comments.

We are combining over 800,000 unique sku's from 147 retail locations and selling them on both goHastings and Amazon. So not only does the item need to be found on the shelf, it has to be in good condition. And since the item could sell in a store, on our site or Amazon, we are constantly updating the inventory. Our fill rate is above 95% in total but that is little comfort to you if your order is canceled. We will be improving the inventory system in the first part of 2011. I expect this to reduce our cancellations significantly.

In the past, we did back order the products for a longer period of time. However, we reduced that because then everyone complained that we held their order for so long and we should have cancelled if we weren't going to fill it so they could find it somewhere else. I think the way we are doing it now is the best; if we improve our inventory then we will have fewer cancellations over all. But you will still see things come and go if our inventory is low. For example, if we cancel an order as fraud, it goes back into inventory. And our store's are always buying product that gets added to our inventory.

As for the wait in guest service, I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back