goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever order used handheld games from GH? I've ordered lots of console games but for some reason I feel like handheld games are less likely to come complete. Any insight would be appreciated.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Works on controllers too. You can get a DS3 for $20[/QUOTE]

nice find! I've been meaning to pick up another PS3 controller, might have to do that...

Sorry if this is a stupid question; does the code work for all items in the cart? I have 3 items in mine and it's only discounting one.

Items:
Quantity: 1, Record of Agarest War Zero Used - Xbox 360 $35.37 Discount: 1 for $35.37 each
Quantity: 1, Shadows of the Damned Used - Xbox 360 $26.99 Discount: 1 for $26.99 each
Quantity: 1, WWE All Stars Used - Xbox 360 $22.30 Discount: 1 for $22.30 each
Quantity: 1, The First Templar Used - Xbox 360 $14.85 Discount: 1 for $14.85 each
Quantity: 1, De Blob 2 Used - Xbox 360 $13.17 Discount: 1 for $13.17 each
Quantity: 1, MindJack Used - Xbox 360 $7.65 Discount: 1 for $7.65 each

Merchandise:$120.33
Tax: $7.23
Shipping/Handling:$13.68
Total:$141.24

Pretty happy with the haul. I wish I would have bought Bulletstorm with it though; just got in a rush. I'll wait for the next B2G1 I guess.

Remember, this is a one time use code.

[quote name='morpheus47']Sorry if this is a stupid question; does the code work for all items in the cart? I have 3 items in mine and it's only discounting one.[/QUOTE]

should work for all used video games

I am going to wait a week or two for the prices to drop. I know some of the newer games will be cheaper. I really want Kinect Sports and at $20 it's a steal IMO.

Just gotta show patience!

Gonna wait... Had a game that was USED but not taking 40% off. Girl @ customer service just said to order the item, wait for shipping confirmation, call back and they will refund. That makes sense(Ya right). Why not just take my order by phone and adjust the price.

[quote name='VaultDweller']yay got code, good for 2 weeks, awesome[/QUOTE]

Oh I thought it was just good for today only. That's great news. I finally gave up on the website. It froze on the shopping cart screen.

Got BFBC2:360: and Dead Pace 2:360: for $29.90 shipped, I'm happy. Even though I've been ordering from them for quite a while now, I got a "Welcome to Hastings" instore $5 off $25 coupon in an email the other week. Think if I call, will they let me use it on an online order? I'm in NJ and looks like the closest store is Tennessee. Not driving that far for $5, lol.

edit: Called CS and they said they would refund the $5 after the order is complete, as they couldn't take it off now cause it was already placed. Works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to pickup nhl 11, Heavy Rain, and Yakuza 4 but the latter 2 are out of stock :(

Just picked up NHL 11 for $22 shipped which is way cheaper then anywhere else.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Now regretting not getting Duke Nukem for 26. =/[/QUOTE]

At this rate it'll be $26 everywhere by August. >_>

Which is too bad, I was hoping for something better than it turned out to be. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Blank Earth']Anyone ever order used handheld games from GH? I've ordered lots of console games but for some reason I feel like handheld games are less likely to come complete. Any insight would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I wonder about this also because I ordered Yoshi's Island DS, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time and Mario Hoops 3on3 and would hope they come complete.

P.S Anyone got a spare code they not gonna use because I wanna order Mario Party 8 now after I already used my 1 code because I forgot to use my alternate emails.

I decided to show some restraint and only get Bulletstorm and Fable III for $27.18 shipped. I could have gotten Dead Space 2 and GTA: IV Complete but I have not completed Dead Space yet and GTA sat on my shelf for 2 years before I just traded it to BB for $24. I am happy getting both of these for less than $14/piece.

Backlog give me the strength to have the patience to not buy every dam video game known to man...amen.

[quote name='boogie4114']I wonder about this also because I ordered Yoshi's Island DS, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time and Mario Hoops 3on3 and would hope they come complete.

P.S Anyone got a spare code they not gonna use because I wanna order Mario Party 8 now after I already used my 1 code because I forgot to use my alternate emails.[/QUOTE]

Aint NO ONE giving up their codes. Goodluck bro!

oh! haha I got another code. Forgot I entered 2 different emails because i didn't receive confirmation on the first one. Will save this one til the 31st to see if anything good comes up. If I don't find anything, PM me and I'll send you the code before it expires.

Got me some ps3 games....
Red Dead Redemption $11.97
Dead Space 2 $14.52
Assassin's Creed II $7.14
Heavy Rain $11.37
Mass Effect $6.87 (360)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena 3.12
All for 68.67 shipped

[quote name='titanzguard']Aint NO ONE giving up their codes. Goodluck bro![/QUOTE]

Dam I forgot I used my other email...sweet I can wait a week or 2 and see if there are any drops. I wonder if I will need a new gohastings account?

[quote name='boogie4114']I wonder about this also because I ordered Yoshi's Island DS, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time and Mario Hoops 3on3 and would hope they come complete.

P.S Anyone got a spare code they not gonna use because I wanna order Mario Party 8 now after I already used my 1 code because I forgot to use my alternate emails.[/QUOTE]
Have faith in humanity, lol, I will send you mine if I don't find anything after the server clears up.

Want to bite on RF:Armageddon so I can quit spamming the trade forum ... >_>

But I also didn't know I had two weeks until someone mentioned it. Humm. Also doesn't seem like it's going out of stock. Not very popular for some reason. Must be the lack of open-world.

[quote name='jcarlon']Hmmm...do I bite on Infamous 2 shipped for 32 bucks. Sure it will be 35 new if I hold another 2 months but....[/QUOTE]

Just repeat this every morning...it works for me...also works for crack addicts.

Backlog give me the strength to have the patience to not buy every dam video game known to man...amen.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Anyone ever order used handheld games from GH? I've ordered lots of console games but for some reason I feel like handheld games are less likely to come complete. Any insight would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

GoHastings is Bizzaro-Gamestop. The DS games I've ordered in the past have been the mintiest used items I've ever received from them (with the exception of a still-sealed Clone Wars S2 DVD)

I knew their site would go down, just not this quickly, yikes. My prediction was after dinner. Expect everything worth buying to be OOS by Wednesday, but then everything will trickle back in and out rather quickly thereafter.

[quote name='kouleefoh']weird, the 2nd code doesn't seem to be applying the 40% off.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid of this. Might need to get my girlfriend to set up an account.

[quote name='ssjmichael']should work for all used video games[/QUOTE]

I see what I was doing wrong, putting previously viewed games instead of used in the cart.

Got Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Black Ops and Halo Reach for $66.10 shipped :applause:

Now let's hope they come in decent shape.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I was afraid of this. Might need to get my girlfriend to set up an account.[/QUOTE]
lol but if you have an alternate email, just use that as a new account. I just want to meditate in front of the price tag of Duke Nukem to see if it's worth the buy. haha, I can see Fry's in the next few weeks will have this on sale. A used game of a game this new will mean that it's in good condition.

[quote name='kouleefoh']weird, the 2nd code doesn't seem to be applying the 40% off.[/QUOTE]

Now THIS is good business...glad they took steps to protect themselves like Amazon, limiting HOPEFULLY to each address.

[quote name='kouleefoh']lol but if you have an alternate email, just use that as a new account. I just want to meditate in front of the price tag of Duke Nukem to see if it's worth the buy. haha, I can see Fry's in the next few weeks will have this on sale. A used game of a game this new will mean that it's in good condition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is smarter and safer...the girlfriend tolerates my video game obsession but I try to not push that button too often:)

[quote name='AwRy108']...their site currently has a very high potential of crashing, might have already done so...[/QUOTE]

yup. was just trying to check out and it went bonkers. damn.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Now THIS is good business...glad they took steps to protect themselves like Amazon, limiting HOPEFULLY to each address.[/QUOTE]
I haven't tried with a new account or check out as a guest yet, not with this mess. But I decided to remove myself from the scene and gave away my code. I don't have much hair left.

But I'm not sure what they would be protecting though. Customers might just realize they forgot to buy a game and come back just to get it. I don't see how it would benefit a person or hurt Hastings to make separate transactions.

[quote name='DesertLeo']yup. was just trying to check out and it went bonkers. damn.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I was about to submit my order and it kept loading until nothing came up on my screen. Hopefully my orders won't go out of stock.

edit: It went through

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back