goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pasolini']in a moment of weakness last night, as i was ordering Dragon Age Ultimate for the 15th time[/QUOTE]

lmao...I hope you get it.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Im sure your complaint will go straight to the BBB's hyperbole division.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

dude, i don't think you know what you are talking about. If they are sold out an item they are not allowed to still advertise that product as in stock, it is false advertising at the least and bait and switch at the worst.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Correct...if it weren't, Hotels would be in constant deep water...[/QUOTE]

i belive in the past hotels have been sued (and lost) when they advertised they had rooms when in fact they DID NOT ...

that is like putting up a big sign on an overpass saying ROOMS FOR 9.99

when you walk in they go UMMM those rooms are long gone but here i got this room for 59.99

that is illegal

[quote name='mason6799']dude, i don't think you know what you are talking about. If they are sold out an item they are not allowed to still advertise that product as in stock, it is false advertising at the least and bait and switch at the worst.[/QUOTE]

What are they switching it too?

[quote name='slidecage']i belive in the past hotels have been sued (and lost) when they advertised they had rooms when in fact they DID NOT ...

that is like putting up a big sign on an overpass saying ROOMS FOR 9.99

when you walk in they go UMMM those rooms are long gone but here i got this room for 59.99

that is illegal[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should have been clearer.
Hotels overselling rooms, hence them being out of stock...is legal.
Your belief that hotels have been sued...doesn't mean it happened.

What you said has nothing to do with anything as GoHastings isn't offering you the same game or another option at a higher price.

they are offering you a used game that is cheaper yet out of stock, to get you to go ahead and buy the new game which is at a higher price which is in stock, or a previous viewed copy which is also higher priced then the used one which is bait and switch, come on use your brain

You guys filing complaints with the BBB are idiots. They have the best prices around on used games. Sometimes they get canceled. From my experience ordering from them multiple times, most of the time it gets shipped, but guess what.....when it doesn't ship.....you don't get charged.

Picked up a copy of Alan Wake.

I don't really understand why some people make such a fuss aboot canceling orders. I've seen every single retailer do it, even Amazon can't fulfill an order once in awhile. You don't get charged anything or you get refunded and you don't lose much time since you ordered it online. Well...you don't lose much time unless you decide to do whatever it takes to order that item that's not in their inventory.

At least it's not like Toys R Us, where you have to pick up paper, pay for item, wait on a line with paper and receipt to pick up item, have employee check 'the back' for half a hour and come back saying it's not there, and finally waiting on another line to get a refund.
...They still do that, right?

you can't take a disclaimer from their weekly ad and apply it to their site/store. it doesn't work that way, once again, not using your brain

[quote name='mason6799']dude, i don't think you know what you are talking about. If they are sold out an item they are not allowed to still advertise that product as in stock, it is false advertising at the least and bait and switch at the worst.[/QUOTE]

Is it also illegal to not know how to read?

From the gohastings FAQ:
Cancellation Policy

We strive to fulfill every order we receive; however, on occasion we may have to cancel parts of your order due to availability of products. If your order is canceled the pre-authorization hold on the funds will be released for the price of the item or order that did not ship. Pre-authorization holds will be released within 2 to 10 business days depending on your bank's policies. Partial orders will be charged only for the items that shipped; this includes sales tax and shipping. goHastings.com reserves the right to cancel any order at any time.

[quote name='mason6799']they are offering you a used game that is cheaper yet out of stock, to get you to go ahead and buy the new game which is at a higher price which is in stock, or a previous viewed copy which is also higher priced then the used one which is bait and switch, come on use your brain[/QUOTE]
This is just stupid. How did they force you to buy a copy at a higher price? Your order is canceled and then you move on. They didn't place a new order for you at a higher price.

it's the fact that they still advertise the product as in stock when they cancel your order, all other business change their inventory to out of stock, it is an illegal business practice

[quote name='mason6799']you can't take a disclaimer from their weekly ad and apply it to their site/store. it doesn't work that way, once again, not using your brain[/QUOTE]

My God...every time you "open your mouth," the ignorance grows.

What part did you not read about it applying to their stores AND online.

Dee Da fucking Dee

OBVIOUSLY, there's no reasoning FACTS with you.

i am not arguing about the holds, that is common business practice, i am arguing about how they cancel an order saying it out of stock and yet they still show it is out of stock. and bait and switch is not forcing you it is the practice of luring someone in for a product that is of a lower price or higher quality and replacing that item with something of higher price or lower quality.

really, you can't stand someone to actually disagree with you and actually knows what he talks about, maybe you should stick to number crunching and i'll stick to retail

I can't hear you

noise-fingers-in-ears-001.jpg

[quote name='mason6799']it's the fact that they still advertise the product as in stock when they cancel your order, all other business change their inventory to out of stock, it is an illegal business practice[/QUOTE] lol give them a break, where else are you gonna find buy 2, get 1 free plus 20% off (almost on a weekly base)

they did screw me over recently with the buy two get one for one dollar, they canceled two of my games and sent me the most expensive one for the full price, but i cant complain too much as i sold that game pretty quickly and ill still use them as the prices are unbeatable on nearly all games, especially older titles

[quote name='mason6799']really, you can't stand someone to actually disagree with you and actually knows what he talks about, maybe you should stick to number crunching and i'll stick to retail[/QUOTE]

No, he probably just can't stand trying to debate the law with someone who graduated from the University of Wikipedia.

how about you actually work retail for over 10 years, become educated with retail laws and then maybe, just maybe you can talk

[quote name='Muthafodder']My God...every time you "open your mouth," the ignorance grows.

What part did you not read about it applying to their stores AND online.

Dee Da fucking Dee

OBVIOUSLY, there's no reasoning FACTS with you.[/QUOTE]

I don't use gohastings, they generate threads for deals out the wazoo in the CAG community. In my mind that means if theres always a deal its really not a deal so no need to go impulse on it.
To those who like them, more deals for you since im not buyin. What I dont understand is the extreme pro passion on this particular thread, it makes me think theres a sales rep shoveling deals on us, which actually strengthens my personal qualms about this retailer.
I will admit though they do look like they are getting better at filling particular single sales orders and delivering.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Maybe I should have been clearer.
Hotels overselling rooms, hence them being out of stock...is legal.
Your belief that hotels have been sued...doesn't mean it happened.

What you said has nothing to do with anything as GoHastings isn't offering you the same game or another option at a higher price.[/QUOTE]

yes it is when they cancell an order say at 12.99 and then put it back in stock at 26.99 and refuse to honor the 12.99 your order was at...

they dont have it in stock at 12.99 but more then happy for you to reorder it at 26.99

[quote name='jk5000']What I dont understand is the extreme pro passion on this particular thread, it makes me think theres a sales rep shoveling deals on us, which actually strengthens my personal qualms about this retailer.[/QUOTE]

GoHastings Bad...

GoHastings not like humans...

GoHastings "still" your money...

I don't think there is any pro passion in the quote of mine you pulled?

If you call passion talking sense to people about the difference between HOLDS and CHARGES and the terms of an online retailer...then color me pro passion with a heavy shade of common sense.

I don't think you will find one post of mine professing my love of GoHastings...lol

Until now..."I love you GoHastings!"

[quote name='VaultDweller']what do you think they do with our money in those 5 days?? they have "held" over $200 of my hard earned money :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Really?!?!

[quote name='VaultDweller']i tried ordering the games again because they were back in stock....guess what it got cancelled again...now they have over $150 of my money on "hold" for 5 days...:bomb:[/QUOTE]

So you know you're using a debit card, know the terms of your debit card, that the online inventory is unreliable in real time, and you have already attempted and failed numerous times...yet you keep trying.

Have you tried this to see if it helps:

stickman_banging_head_against_wall.gif

Again...GoHastings does not have your money, no money was withdrawn, YOUR bank is holding it for you because you visited a retailer and told them too...and kept telling them too.

Here straight from the FTC...

I've tried to order from this site a bunch of times over the years....never had a single successful sale! I tried ordering something as soon as this thread went up. Got an error, tried again, same error...but my card got authorized both times!

The best is trying to order from them on amazon. When they have the lowest price on a game by a decent margin (not even "pricing error" margin), they never honor their prices.

Well I'm pretty happy with GH. Sure they cancelled 3/6 games I ordered but at least my whole B2G1 order shipped. The thing you guys have to learn is, is that you've got to be fast. Wait around and the stuff goes OOS. All my orders on the second day were cancelled. My order on the first day made it through. I sense a pattern...

[quote name='ninja dog']I've tried to order from this site a bunch of times over the years....never had a single successful sale! I tried ordering something as soon as this thread went up. Got an error, tried again, same error...but my card got authorized both times!

The best is trying to order from them on amazon. When they have the lowest price on a game by a decent margin (not even "pricing error" margin), they never honor their prices.[/QUOTE]

never? i have ordered 15 games from them this season with 4 cancellations...im more than happy with only getting 11 of the games as i can only play one at a time;)

Gohastings had Nier and Dead to Rights retribution along with a bunch of other games for $6.99 all previously used for sale on Amazon earlier in the year. Got my games with no problems. Although I have ordered off the website, and do get cancelations here and there, I've read it's due to their lame inventory system.

[quote name='armor843']I'm just going to leave this here...[/QUOTE]

At first I thought you just bitch slapped me and called me "retarded" outright.

Then I realized I am in fact "retarded" for reasoning with the unreasonable..and I agree :)

I'd make an attempt to order from them but it doesn't sound like it's worth the headache ... or trying to sift through a site that a 3 year old seemed to of made ...

[quote name='strikeratt']...or trying to sift through a site that a 3 year old seemed to of made ...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got a kick out this when looking to see if their 5/$20 book sale was worth anything.

Ultimate fail for whomever is over their website.

Ordered 4 games for $45 through this sale, all shipped the next day. My first experience with Gohastings but it seems to be smooth so far.

4 days later and this thread is still out of hand. Idiots and people who stress out about $30 here and there (that will ultimately be yours anyway) should probably stay away from gohastings. Everyone else should take advantage of their deals. The price/quality combination of their used games can't be beat.
Though I have been left wondering what exactly is expedited about the shipping of these orders.

Look - i'm no gohastings lover or hater. i simply go where the deals are until i'm burned. I've really only ordered 2 or 3 other times from them over the past year, but they've been consistent and I always got what i ordered and in good condition. This is the first sale I've had things cancelled, but it really isn't a big deal or a big inconvenience. In fact its kind of funny b/c each time I order Dragon Age Ultimate, it gets cheaper.
If you are smart, order stuff that is in the middle of the pack on your want list -- nothing too recent or popular, but still stuff you want but don't mind waiting a week for. That's what led me to order this stuff, which all came out over a year ago, so what's another week or two?

Alan Wake Used - Xbox 360 $11.29 (in process)
Dragon Age: Origins -- Ultimate Edition Used - PlayStation 3 $23.10 (cancelled)
Heavenly Sword Used - PlayStation 3 $8.51 (shipped)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Used - Xbox 360 $5.65 (shipped)
Forza Motorsport 3 Used - Xbox 360 $11.48 (shipped)
God of War Collection Used - PlayStation 3 $9.72 (cancelled)
Dragon Age: Origins -- Ultimate Edition Used - PlayStation 3 $21.27 (cancelled, again)
Burnout Paradise Used - Xbox 360 $6.53 (in process)
Red Faction: Guerrilla Used - Xbox 360 $5.65 (in process)
DJ Hero Used - Xbox 360 [bundle] $23.10 (in process)
Dragon Age: Origins -- Ultimate Edition Used - PlayStation 3 $21.27 (in process, fingers crossed, again)

[quote name='dino88']No, he probably just can't stand trying to debate the law with someone who graduated from the University of Wikipedia.[/QUOTE]

I was watching Sunday's Family Guy and I can't stop laughing after seeing this...I can't stop watching it either, worth the 14 seconds every time!

Reality

[quote name='Muthafodder']Yeah, I got a kick out this when looking to see if their 5/$20 book sale was worth anything.

Ultimate fail for whomever is over their website.[/QUOTE]

A mealworms life is only 94,000!!!! in for 6 :drool::drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back