goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KMunley']I kinda went nuts on this deal.

I Got:

1. Afro Samurai
  2. Alan Wake
  3. Batman AA [Canceled]
  4. Bayonetta
  5. Dead Rising 2
  6. Fable 3
  7. God of War Collection
  8. Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty CIty
  9. Killzone 2
  10. Mass Effect
  11. Resistance
  12. Resistance 2
  13. Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy
  14. Terminator Salvation
  15. The Bigs 2
  16. Uncharted 2
  17. Viva Pinata
  18. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
A bit lighter in my pocket, but I figure It's like getting 17 games for the price of a little more than 3 Brand New games.

Thanks for the find![/QUOTE]

beats me by a lot...bought these for me
1 Armored Core 4
2Dynasty Warriors 6
3F.E.A.R. 2: Project OriginFight
4Night: Round 4
5Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
6Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing With Banjo-KazooieSoul
7Calibur IVThe Saboteur
8Transformers: War for Cybertron
and bought mario kart and ncaa football 2011 as gifts...
NOT SURE WHY ITS DARK

The following showed up today...

-Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY
-Fallout 3 GOTY
-Red Dead Redemption
-NFS Hot Pursuit
-Uncharted

All arrived in excellent condition... I'm pretty damn impressed, every order I've made before has come in decent condition, but never anything like this. Unfortunately they cancelled New Vegas (which I tried to order twice) and Digital Devil Saga so they still have about $80 on hold... I saw the Move bundle was back in stock today so I sprung for it, hopefully the same thing doesn't happen.

I'm still waiting on my Halo 3 CE. I recall some folks earlier on jumping on some of the others like the Demons Souls CE, have you gotten yours yet? Are they complete?

[quote name='foreinter']How long does the shipping usually take? I order the xbox controller at 12/5 and hasn't received by now.[/QUOTE]

it varies, typically i think you would have already got it, but they were swamped with the sales they had

[quote name='SpockBlocker']How's the condition of all the used games you guys are getting? I've got my first ever order from GH on the way...[/QUOTE]
They're great. But 2 months ago I ordered FO3 and it had a small 1 x 1 square cut off it. IDK why. But the games I got from this sale are pretty good. ACB didn't include a manual but then I read the foldable thing they had in the manual slot and it said they're trying to save paper... soi I said

"Oh Ubisoft, you cheap bastards"

[quote name='pasolini']Wow, that's a fantastic haul! And I thought I went crazy with 8 items. Do you remember how much Uncharted 2 was? That's the only one i was waiting to show up used, but when it finally did it was a little higher than i wanted (i think $28 before tax/ship)[/QUOTE]

$18.68 for Uncharted 2. I had to pull the trigger. I usually play my 360, but I've gotten into my PS3 a little more lately and almost am done uncharted 1 so had to get it.

I've tried ordering Splatterhouse for 360 like 5 times in the past two days. It keeps getting cancelled, but as soon as I get back on the site it shows up as in stock, very annoying. Hoping to get lucky one of these times.

EA Sports Active 2 (PS3) is $48 shipped. Not sure if I should bite. If it was just a game I would, but it'd suck if it were missing any of the sensors or anything. Plus I'd probably prefer to get something like that new. Still a great price though

[quote name='myjester2112']I've tried ordering Splatterhouse for 360 like 5 times in the past two days. It keeps getting cancelled, but as soon as I get back on the site it shows up as in stock, very annoying. Hoping to get lucky one of these times.[/QUOTE]

I kept doing that with Apache: Air Assault for the 360...must've ordered it like 6 times, all canceled, kept hoping it'd stick like NFS: Hot Pursuit did ($21.56!). Giving up on that one, c'est la vie.

Well, my 2nd order (placed 2 in a row) shipped, but my first did not (yet) of AC:B. Did 2 seperate orders, one after the other, because a buddy wanted a copy. Wonder why order 2 shipped but not order 1, 6 minutes apart?

Thanks for your order!

We just wanted to let you know that the following item(s) on your order have
been shipped.

ORDER NUMBER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ship Qty Title Price per Item
1 The Chronicles of Riddick: Ass $7.06

This isnt exactly what i ordered but ill try anything once lol

1 The Chronicles of Riddick: Ass $7.06
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This isnt exactly what i ordered but ill try anything once lol

well it was a prison planet right?

[quote name='Dranakin']Had my $23.71 order of Castlevania: LoS canceled. I hope yours doesn't too, Sharkey.[/QUOTE]

DAMN, yeah it got cancelled as well.:cry:

Ordered:
FMA: Broken Angel
FMA 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir
StarOcean 3
Mass Effect 2

All togther(with shipping) for $31.41
I'm glad that I'm getting 4 amazing games for half the price of one new game that I would spend about 2 weeks on :)

In terms of quality both are fine a lot better than Gamestop. I think previously viewed is a former rental and used is a trade-in.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Picked up Bayonetta for $9.45, shipped.[/QUOTE]
You do realize that this game is $10 for PS3(and 360) at Blockbuster and part of their current BOGO sale, thus allowing you to get a second game for the same $10, right?

[quote name='SolidMetal']How long does it take to process the order? I used the standard shipping as well.[/QUOTE]My order took about 3 days to process.

Finally got ahold of their customer service after about 20 minutes of waiting. The guy said I'd have to wait a half hour for the request to cancelled. Is it really that hard? So now I gotta wait for an email(which they wanted a phone number but not feeling it so I said email me instead) if it's cancelled or not. I don't know why it WOULDN'T be cancelled, that would be stealing my money.
EDIT: they cancelled my orders, they're not going to still charge me are they?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received my games today. This is the first order I've ever gotten from them. These are used copies. The differences between used and previously viewed are that the used copies are generally in better shape and come with the original cases and manuals. The previously viewed are rental copies, and they are generally the opposite.

Devil May Cry 4 :ps3:
Uncharted :ps3:
Mass Effect :360:

All copies are in good conditions, but they do have scratches on them, especially the Xbox 360 game. The Devil May Cry 4 PS3 game had sticker residues on both the front and the back of the case, and there was a rip/hole in the front, plastic portion of the case.

Warning to everyone: goHastings is currently experiencing unusual slowness in our back end systems and it is slowing our inventory updates. We're working to correct it but expect more than the usual number of cancellations.

Also, we're currently working on the inventory system in general for update in early 2011 with the goal to dramatically lower the number of cancellations created because the product has been over-ordered.

And, yes, the phone will receive a much quicker response from us. We are going through the emails as fast as we can but they are backed up.

[quote name='gohastings']Warning to everyone: goHastings is currently experiencing unusual slowness in our back end systems and it is slowing our inventory updates. We're working to correct it but expect more than the usual number of cancellations.

Also, we're currently working on the inventory system in general for update in early 2011 with the goal to dramatically lower the number of cancellations created because the product has been over-ordered.

And, yes, the phone will receive a much quicker response from us. We are going through the emails as fast as we can but they are backed up.[/QUOTE]

Well hello there :)

I wish you guys could have kept the free upgrade to expedited shipping longer than it was, I don't think many folks are going to buy a gift card to get expedited shipping.

Also, do you know how long the current "Up to 60% off will last?"

Do you know what's next in terms of any deals or sales of video games?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Well hello there :)

I wish you guys could have kept the free upgrade to expedited shipping longer than it was, I don't think many folks are going to buy a gift card to get expedited shipping.

Also, do you know how long the current "Up to 60% off will last?"

Do you know what's next in terms of any deals or sales of video games?[/QUOTE]

They're going to have free shipping tomorrow according to their Facebook

"FREE Shipping Day is tomorrow- Fri., 12/17/10. goHastings.com is offering: FREE Standard shipping and
50% Off Expedited shipping! Promo Code: FREESHIP
Choose Expedited to get it by Christmas."

[quote name='gohastings']Warning to everyone: goHastings is currently experiencing unusual slowness in our back end systems and it is slowing our inventory updates. We're working to correct it but expect more than the usual number of cancellations.

And, yes, the phone will receive a much quicker response from us. We are going through the emails as fast as we can but they are backed up.[/QUOTE]

The phone service is freaking slow and I waited for 30 minutes twice and nobody answered the damn phone. My order is placed on 12/5/2010 and haven't received it yet.

[quote name='foreinter']The phone service is freaking slow and I waited for 30 minutes twice and nobody answered the damn phone. My order is placed on 12/5/2010 and haven't received it yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure cursing at him will get things done :(

[quote name='mr_bungle']How long is expedited shipping? My New Vegas shipped yesterday.[/QUOTE]

"Expedited" shipping is Priority Mail. Generally, 2-3 days from shipping date - though just because a label was printed out, doesn't mean it was shipped that day.

That said, items shipped on 12/14 arrived today, 12/16, in the Los Angeles area. The processing time took a bit longer, no doubt due to a system overload, but USPS seems to be moving things along just fine.

Are these guy based in the southern ca area?

Anaheim here, I have one game shipped from them and one pending still. Halo 3 for $8 and UFC 2010 for $15.

My first order with them, so this is pretty much my test run to see if I'll be doing the majority of my future purchases with them.

Speaking of cancels, my Halo 3 hasn't gone through yet, hope it makes it.

[quote name='Yaotz']Are these guy based in the southern ca area?

Anaheim here, I have one game shipped from them and one pending still. Halo 3 for $8 and UFC 2010 for $15.

My first order with them, so this is pretty much my test run to see if I'll be doing the majority of my future purchases with them.

Speaking of cancels, my Halo 3 hasn't gone through yet, hope it makes it.[/QUOTE]

they ship from their stores I believe and they don't have any stores in California but they have some near the borders with Nevada and Arizona according to their store locator online.

Resident Evil 5 Gold edition is $35.99 used for PS3 >.> Hell i rather buy it from Amazon for $36.99 brand new free 2 days shipping with prime.

[quote name='AJVtony831']They're going to have free shipping tomorrow according to their Facebook

"FREE Shipping Day is tomorrow- Fri., 12/17/10. goHastings.com is offering: FREE Standard shipping and
50% Off Expedited shipping! Promo Code: FREESHIP
Choose Expedited to get it by Christmas."[/QUOTE]

#$#$# you go hastings and your free shipping

now i got to attempt another order with your shop Shakes fist LOL

[quote name='luan87us']Resident Evil 5 Gold edition is $35.99 used for PS3 >.> Hell i rather buy it from Amazon for $36.99 brand new free 2 days shipping with prime.[/QUOTE]

It's $29 actually, add it to your cart to see the discount

the discounts we're seeing on games right now will likely be gone tomorrow so you might save more money now than waiting till the free shipping promo.

LoL I knew there were snakes in the grass in this thread.

[quote name='jigsaw918']can't wait for tomorrow!!! (free shipping coupon works tomorrow)[/QUOTE]

Is anyone else already filling their cart / wish lists up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back