goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I missing something here? The coupon is valid until the 31st, and inventory is consistently refreshing. There's no point in stressing about placing an order OMGRIGHTNOW. I'll probably place mine some time next week. By then I won't need to worry about server traffic either.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Am I missing something here? The coupon is valid until the 31st, and inventory is consistently refreshing. There's no point in stressing about placing an order OMGRIGHTNOW. I'll probably place mine some time next week. By then I won't need to worry about server traffic either.[/QUOTE]

This, I'll just wait till what I want comes back in-stock. If it doesn't I'll order some stuff on the 31st if I want.

Anyone get a shipping confirmation yet? I hopped on this first thing yesterday. Its only been 24 hours but I was wondering if the cancellations might be starting.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Am I missing something here? The coupon is valid until the 31st, and inventory is consistently refreshing. There's no point in stressing about placing an order OMGRIGHTNOW. I'll probably place mine some time next week. By then I won't need to worry about server traffic either.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm just not in the mood to buy anything right now but still got a code just in case something catches my eye. :)

[quote name='DeathDream']Exactly. I'm just not in the mood to buy anything right now but still got a code just in case something catches my eye. :)[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have a game to play at the moment and there arent any must have deals yet. Ill wait until it expires and maybe pick up something the last day. If not I just wont even use the coupon.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Anyone get a shipping confirmation yet? I hopped on this first thing yesterday. Its only been 24 hours but I was wondering if the cancellations might be starting.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Ordered early yesterday and no shipping confirmation yet.

If 2 of the games I ordered show out of stock on the order status page, does it mean currently or that it won't ship for me because the order for my games says in progress via standard shipping?

Patience guys, it usually takes 2 or 3 days for Hastings to ship stuff. They aren't the fastest. Usually takes about 7 to 10 days to receive your items and only like 4 days of that at most is shipping time.

[quote name='boogie4114']If 2 of the games I ordered show out of stock on the order status page, does it mean currently or that it won't ship for me because the order for my games says in progress via standard shipping?[/QUOTE]
Yes it means currently. If you order the games when they were in stock you should rerceive them fine. (At least that what supposed to happens and happens to me before)

[quote name='dmdragon']Patience guys, it usually takes 2 or 3 days for Hastings to ship stuff. They aren't the fastest. Usually takes about 7 to 10 days to receive your items and only like 4 days of that at most is shipping time.[/QUOTE]

I ordered New Super Mario Bros for the Wii awhile back on a Friday and received it on the following Monday so there is a reason to be concerned but I understand that they are handling alot of orders and trying to figure who ordered the same game 1st.

[quote name='dmdragon']Patience guys, it usually takes 2 or 3 days for Hastings to ship stuff. They aren't the fastest. Usually takes about 7 to 10 days to receive your items and only like 4 days of that at most is shipping time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='boogie4114']I ordered New Super Mario Bros for the Wii awhile back on a Friday and received it on the following Monday so there is a reason to be concerned but I understand that they are handling alot of orders and trying to figure who ordered the same game 1st.[/QUOTE]

I was not trying to start a riot or anything:) I have gotten shipping confirmations the next day also but sometimes it does take 2-3 days. I was just wondering if anyone has gotten any additional communication from them but definitely not panic time yet. ;)

Somehow I knew Orange Box would get cancelled on me. Took things out of my cart because I had a certain amount of money I was OK spending and I wanted Orange Box more.

Would it be possible to call up GH and ask for the 40% on a similar-priced item?

Tried checking my order status and it said my billing zip code didn't match the order number, but it's correct. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='henryVIII']Bought

Episodes from Liberty City (PS3) - $9.84
Morrowind GOTY (Xbox) - $6.99 (discount didn't apply for this one...)

Total = $21.39
[/QUOTE]

Goddamn it. Just got a cancelation email for Morrowind. I thought it was a steal at that price, but I guess I wasn't the only one.

[quote name='Sepatown Tippie Tais']Somehow I knew Orange Box would get cancelled on me. Took things out of my cart because I had a certain amount of money I was OK spending and I wanted Orange Box more.

Would it be possible to call up GH and ask for the 40% on a similar-priced item?[/QUOTE]
If you can find it, Orange Box is on clearance at Sears right now for around $13.

[quote name='morpheus47']Tried checking my order status and it said my billing zip code didn't match the order number, but it's correct. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

It's kind of odd. You can put down all 9 digits of your zip code, but the order status page will only take the first 5. At least, that's what works for me.

Uh...I don't get it. Is the 40% off a code that must be put in, or is it taken off used games all ready or...how does it work???

[quote name='Rhett']It's kind of odd. You can put down all 9 digits of your zip code, but the order status page will only take the first 5. At least, that's what works for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I only put in the first 5 digits and it worked.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']They cancelled 3 of my 12 so far. Saves me some money I guess, whatever.[/QUOTE]

Whats up with these cancellations? Do they give a reason? I hope mine dont get cancelled.

[quote name='Punisher138']Whats up with these cancellations? Do they give a reason? I hope mine dont get cancelled.[/QUOTE]

I would assume that too many orders of the same items occurred at the same time, yielding more orders than items. I don't know for sure, though. The site was hit pretty heavily at times.

That's why I'm waiting till next week. So the site cools down, and the inventory refreshes. Definitely will be putting some good cash on this deal :)

my order of Heavy Rain for $13 got canceled... had it in my cart and i literally placed my order within 30 seconds of codes being sent out. pretty annoyed. must've had like 2 copies for sale

[quote name='hle078']my order of Heavy Rain for $13 got canceled... had it in my cart and i literally placed my order within 30 seconds of codes being sent out. pretty annoyed. must've had like 2 copies for sale[/QUOTE]
ah i ordered after you, so its probably going to get cancelled too. =/

[quote name='scarhawk']That's why I'm waiting till next week. So the site cools down, and the inventory refreshes. Definitely will be putting some good cash on this deal :)[/QUOTE]

itd be nice if the inventory refreshes and they restock on some of these OOS games, but i wouldn't be surprised if they waited til after the 7/31 expiration date to restock

[quote name='hle078']itd be nice if the inventory refreshes and they restock on some of these OOS games, but i wouldn't be surprised if they waited til after the 7/31 expiration date to restock[/QUOTE]

Restocks tend to occur daily around 2AM Central from what I've seen in the past. Stock is based on what is entered at the local stores, I believe, so I seriously doubt that they have any method in place to delay restocks.

[quote name='hle078']itd be nice if the inventory refreshes and they restock on some of these OOS games, but i wouldn't be surprised if they waited til after the 7/31 expiration date to restock[/QUOTE]

It changes daily (or atleast it has in the past) -- not to mention that you are most likely waiting for one of their stores to list it, after someone trades a copy in.

I'm sure lots of stuff will come back into stock, but it'll probably be a trickle.

thor got canceled. i guess that's good. i thought it would be an easy plat, but i just read that valhallan difficulty is super hard. hmmm. waiting for green lantern to get back in stock, that's an easy plat ;)

That really sucks that people have had their orders cancelled, I wanted to use this code but by the time I got home from work, the items I wanted were already out of stock. I am actually hoping that someone will buy Catherine on July 26th, hate it, and trade it in by the 31st so I can pick that up. Think I have a chance?

[quote name='doreo503']That really sucks that people have had their orders cancelled, I wanted to use this code but by the time I got home from work, the items I wanted were already out of stock. I am actually hoping that someone will buy Catherine on July 26th, hate it, and trade it in by the 31st so I can pick that up. Think I have a chance?[/QUOTE]

Yup...unless I beat you to it :)

[quote name='DKRobbie']Well I didnt see this thread so thats why I'm asking. Thanks for the information though, much apprieciated.[/QUOTE]

I actually posted it the second it was posted in facebook

I only had one of my games (out of ten) cancelled, and it was one I didn't even really want. I grabbed extra codes because I had a feeling that there would be some sort of hiccup in this deal. With Hastings, there always is.

Oh, and don't blame people for being too slow - it's widely known that gohastings has a pretty shitty inventory system. The update their inventory automatically twice a day, and that same system is in charge of pricing, if I recall.

If you missed out on getting a code, then you're likely SOL. You really aren't missing much though.

do the coupons expire??

i rather wait til the restock their inventory.

edit: they expire the 31st :(

hopefully they restock dragon age ultimate edition

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I have unused code #2 of 12. Please post when used.

1UVGJTO_

Guess the last number/letter

Please check back for more codes.[/QUOTE]

1UVGJTOn is the code, but apparently it was chewed up by a worthless lurker. BS.

[quote name='MetallicAttack']1UVGJTOn is the code, but apparently it was chewed up by a worthless lurker. BS.[/QUOTE]

lurker-300x226.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back