goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh...I really wish I had an iphone or something so I could keep up when codes are posted etc. Really sucks that I missed out on this deal. Hope you guys enjoy your games though...

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I have a code I'll sell for $2.99[/QUOTE]
I know you're not serious but I just got 2 PMs for my $3 codes so people will buy them.

[quote name='CAG10954']Selling my code for $3 if anyone is interested...[/QUOTE]

GTFO...jeez

Could we please stop with the requests and bartering of codes...you're just causing undue trouble for the Mods...

[quote name='CAG10954']I've sold 7 already and 6 of them were for $5 so I will point and laugh at you.[/QUOTE]
Congrats, for less than $40, you manage to become the douche bag of the year.

Got my copy of Just Cause 2 on 360 in perfect condition. The disc, case, and booklet all look brand new. Only thing missing was the shrink wrap.

I thinks these here codes all have a patern to em.:applause:

fbubd4l4
FBUBD4L3
FBUBD4L1
FBUBD4M3
FBUBD4M5
FBUBD4M7
FBUBD4M9
FBUBD4M0

[quote name='Muthafodder']GTFO...jeez

Could we please stop with the requests and bartering of codes...you're just causing undue trouble for the Mods...[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that. Every thread like this where there's a code that's required to get sale prices on games or whatever ends up being half people complaining about something killing the deal and the other being people begging for a code.

That's why I sent my only code I signed up for to a friend of mine from both CAG and PSN.:booty:
[quote name='kouleefoh']Congrats, for less than $40, you manage to become the douche bag of the year.[/QUOTE]
A ton of folks gave away codes on here, including some who posted them in the open forum(and had lurkers take them w/o so much as even a thank you:roll:).

But what people do with codes they took the time out of their day to go and get should be up to them and only them. If people wanna pay for a code they themselves coulda gotten for free by paying attention to the forum and signing up for the codes themselves, then that's their prerogative.

I see nothing wrong with this practice really.

Is there a way to know what model of PS2 they are selling? i want to order one but there are 4 different models.I remember that the first Slim have de AC adapter box in the middle,and the later ones just a regular cable like the PS3.

Any help will be appreciated

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Good luck with that. Every thread like this where there's a code that's required to get sale prices on games or whatever ends up being half people complaining about something killing the deal and the other being people begging for a code.

That's why I sent my only code I signed up for to a friend of mine from both CAG and PSN.:booty:

A ton of folks gave away codes on here, including some who posted them in the open forum(and had lurkers take them w/o so much as even a thank you:roll:).

But what people do with codes they took the time out of their day to go and get should be up to them and only them. If people wanna pay for a code they themselves coulda gotten for free by paying attention to the forum and signing up for the codes themselves, then that's their prerogative.

I see nothing wrong with this practice really.[/QUOTE]
Good post. I agree 100%.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Good luck with that. Every thread like this where there's a code that's required to get sale prices on games or whatever ends up being half people complaining about something killing the deal and the other being people begging for a code.

I see nothing wrong with this practice really.[/QUOTE]
It's the way he says it.

[quote name='kouleefoh']It's the way he says it.[/QUOTE]
I said I am selling my code for $3. How should I say it? You save way more than $3 with this code then if you didn't have it.

[quote name='CAG10954']I said I am selling my code for $3. How should I say it? You save way more than $3 with this code then if you didn't have it.[/QUOTE]
Check what I quoted when i made the comment.

[quote name='Borexz']Is there a way to know what model of PS2 they are selling? i want to order one but there are 4 different models.I remember that the first Slim have de AC adapter box in the middle,and the later ones just a regular cable like the PS3.

Any help will be appreciated[/QUOTE]

I never owned a PS2 before and just wonder if I should get a used one from hastings. I just googled the UPC and found this one is last modified on April 2009 which is probably the latest. Again I am not 100% sure.

http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/PlayStation-2/sku/279249220.uts

[quote name='CAG10954']I know you're not serious but I just got 2 PMs for my $3 codes so people will buy them.[/QUOTE]

I was just messing around. I actually don't look down on you for selling your codes at all.

[quote name='CAG10954']Still don't see the problem.[/QUOTE]

Because the mods have stated not to do it...do you respect anyone? A mod actually edited the OP so the code trading rules would be more prominent...some folks just don't care...

[quote name='Muthafodder']Because the mods have stated not to do it...do you respect anyone? A mod actually edited the OP so the code trading rules would be more prominent...some folks just don't care...[/QUOTE]
Who cares? It's just a forum. If you're not interested in it move on.

[quote name='CAG10954']Still don't see the problem.[/QUOTE]
Ive sold codes before so i dont judge u on that. Thats y i quoted u when u brag how many n how much uve sold. All im saying was by bragging, it only makes people judged u n flippers more.

I was thinking about getting darksiders for the 360 with the 40% off, is it one disk or 2 for the 360 version. Im saying this cause another action game castlevania los was on 2 discs for the 360

[quote name='Borexz']Darksiders is one disc in 360[/QUOTE]

Ah many thanks ! Im probibly going to get darksiders for 360 and castlevania los for ps3. If i calculated it right which im Sure i did it should be 30 $ flat. Im probibly skipping the ea games like bulletstorm, crysis 2 and sotd During this sale cause of the ea store's constant great deals so i can wait.

I know there's only 2 days left in the deal, but my brother's not a CAG, so he didn't know about the deal. Is there anyone who still has a (games) code they're not going to use? I'd greatly appreciate it.

[quote name='karyadi']Anyone know the conditions of used 360 wireless controllers?[/QUOTE]

I imagine it's just like the games, the condition will range from like new to complete crap. It's a crapshoot. The used controller I got from them was in perfect condition, but that was probably just luck.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Can someone please answer my question about stacking the codes ? I Would be really greatfull[/QUOTE]

I think you can only do 1 code at any time

[quote name='strait edge follower']Ah crap, well back to plan a then. Thanks guys[/QUOTE]
where did u find the b2g1 info from? im not seeing it

I ordered a bunch of stuff and everything arrived so I figured I'd provide a quality analysis:
All these prices are after 40% discount (no I don't have anymore codes)...

** 2 x Halo: Reach(PV X360) @$9.00 each
** 2 x Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PV, X360) @$9.00 each
-came with Manual, artwork intact, No DLC in any
-2 Halo and 1 AC:B plastic covers had stretches
-as with most Xbox 360 Previously Viewed Discs, there are slight scuffs or blemishes. I'll just use that Disc Skip Fixer liquid stuff.
-The discs do play, but for the price, you can't beat it. 1 of each for me, 1 of each to get rid of old console with.

** 2 x Game Party: In Motion (Used X360) @ $8.61 each
-came with Manual, artwork intact, purple Kinect cases intact
-1 disc was perfect, other had thumb print/streak (wiped clean)
-I know this game sux but for 9 bucks its worth stupid fun with friends

[quote name='karyadi']Anyone know the conditions of used 360 wireless controllers?[/QUOTE]

** 2 x Xbox 360 Wireless Controller [Black] (Used) @ $16.01 each
-both are scuff free (i expected some wear, but none to speak of), had battery packs intact, all buttons work
-1 was all black, other was black with a grey bottom. Anyone know what the difference is?
(Personally I don't care, it makes it easy to distinguish between which is controller #2 and #3)
-both were in small plastic bags that you would see for refurbished products
-1 still had batteries in it !
-Yea, karyadi, you're question incited this entire breakdown.

** 1 x Def Jam Rapstar [Bundle](Used PS3) $6.65
-box had about 8 different rectangle goHastings coupons on it in different that peeled off easily because they were placed on recently, but bottom had large piece of duct tape on it that would destroy boy if ripped off
-box contained New Sealed copy of Def Jam Rapstar disc and New Sealed Official Konami/Logitech Vantage Microphone
-New items made up for crappy box

** 1 x TV SuperStars (Used PS3) $4.10
** 1 x Kung Fu Rider (Used PS3) $3.00
** 1 x Shift 2 Unleashed (Used PS3) $16.97
-came with Manual, artwork intact, cases perfect, discs like new, no fingerprints (Most Used/PV PS3 games are like this as far as I've seen)
-I know Shift 2 ain't that great but I bought it before for $22 new, played it, traded it to GS for $25.60 but kept the online DLC code, and guess what....this one came with unused DLC anyways !

** 1 x Dual Shock 2 [Emerald] (Used PS2) $4.76
-no scuffs, cable was rapped well
-was shipped in regular yellow mailer ! I was worried it would be crushed in transit
-everything seems to be intact (buttons, lighting, no rattles or anything falling off)
-bought it to use on my modded XBOX 1, with emulators using the GGE815 adapter

Total = $120.72 + $29.64 shipping (13 Items x $2.28 each) = $150.36

So the PV came in OK condition which is to be expected, the used PS3 games were (as usual) in great condition, one used PS3 game came with New items (this has happened to me before, but its always a surprise), and the controllers were all actually better than expected. The shipping took from 4-7 days for all items, 4 games were sent seperately, 2 games + 1 DualShock 2 in 8x11 yellow envelope, and then 4 games + Def Jam Rapstar bundle + 2 X360 Controllers in a ~10"x12" box packed well with large bubbles.

The Verdict: goHastings is the SHIZZLE Muh fuck (Shaq: Well I'm the hooper, the hyper...)

For all you goHastings haters out there, goHate somewhere else.

I have unused code # 10 of 12. First person gets it via PM*.

Please check back for more codes.

*Please add "Video Game" in your PM to avoid confusion with "Movie" code.

EDIT: Taken. Thanks for playing.

Got some more games in today... Metal Slug XX PSP, Capcom Puzzle World PSP, and Sonic Rush Adventure DS. All were complete and in great shape. A couple of dings on the boxes, but those can be replaced if need be.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I have unused code # 10 of 12. First person gets it via PM*.

Please check back for more codes.

*Please add "Video Game" in your PM to avoid confusion with "Movie" code.[/QUOTE]

PMd you

[quote name='technics1200']I ordered a bunch of stuff and everything arrived so I figured I'd provide a quality analysis:
All these prices are after 40% discount (no I don't have anymore codes)...

** 2 x Halo: Reach(PV X360) @$9.00 each
** 2 x Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PV, X360) @$9.00 each
-came with Manual, artwork intact, No DLC in any
-2 Halo and 1 AC:B plastic covers had stretches
-as with most Xbox 360 Previously Viewed Discs, there are slight scuffs or blemishes. I'll just use that Disc Skip Fixer liquid stuff.
-The discs do play, but for the price, you can't beat it. 1 of each for me, 1 of each to get rid of old console with.

** 2 x Game Party: In Motion (Used X360) @ $8.61 each
-came with Manual, artwork intact, purple Kinect cases intact
-1 disc was perfect, other had thumb print/streak (wiped clean)
-I know this game sux but for 9 bucks its worth stupid fun with friends

** 2 x Xbox 360 Wireless Controller [Black] (Used) @ $16.01 each
-both are scuff free (i expected some wear, but none to speak of), had battery packs intact, all buttons work
-1 was all black, other was black with a grey bottom. Anyone know what the difference is?
(Personally I don't care, it makes it easy to distinguish between which is controller #2 and #3)
-both were in small plastic bags that you would see for refurbished products
-1 still had batteries in it !
-Yea, karyadi, you're question incited this entire breakdown.

** 1 x Def Jam Rapstar [Bundle](Used PS3) $6.65
-box had about 8 different rectangle goHastings coupons on it in different that peeled off easily because they were placed on recently, but bottom had large piece of duct tape on it that would destroy boy if ripped off
-box contained New Sealed copy of Def Jam Rapstar disc and New Sealed Official Konami/Logitech Vantage Microphone
-New items made up for crappy box

** 1 x TV SuperStars (Used PS3) $4.10
** 1 x Kung Fu Rider (Used PS3) $3.00
** 1 x Shift 2 Unleashed (Used PS3) $16.97
-came with Manual, artwork intact, cases perfect, discs like new, no fingerprints (Most Used/PV PS3 games are like this as far as I've seen)
-I know Shift 2 ain't that great but I bought it before for $22 new, played it, traded it to GS for $25.60 but kept the online DLC code, and guess what....this one came with unused DLC anyways !

** 1 x Dual Shock 2 [Emerald] (Used PS2) $4.76
-no scuffs, cable was rapped well
-was shipped in regular yellow mailer ! I was worried it would be crushed in transit
-everything seems to be intact (buttons, lighting, no rattles or anything falling off)
-bought it to use on my modded XBOX 1, with emulators using the GGE815 adapter

Total = $120.72 + $29.64 shipping (13 Items x $2.28 each) = $150.36

So the PV came in OK condition which is to be expected, the used PS3 games were (as usual) in great condition, one used PS3 game came with New items (this has happened to me before, but its always a surprise), and the controllers were all actually better than expected. The shipping took from 4-7 days for all items, 4 games were sent seperately, 2 games + 1 DualShock 2 in 8x11 yellow envelope, and then 4 games + Def Jam Rapstar bundle + 2 X360 Controllers in a ~10"x12" box packed well with large bubbles.

The Verdict: goHastings is the SHIZZLE Muh fuck (Shaq: Well I'm the hooper, the hyper...)

For all you goHastings haters out there, goHate somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Kung Fu Rider is by far one of the most under rated Move Titles. I picked it up during a b1g1 clearance sale, and really enjoyed it with custom soundtracks.

Assuming they might be broken, can you exchange for a different one at goHastings? The controllers that is, and is there free shipping for exchanges? How does someone go about that? I hope that's not the case but if it is there's nothing I can do.

I checked up on my order to see that the last two games are marked OOS and the money for said games (Dead Space 2 CE and GTA IV SE) were taken off my order total.

I never received a cancellation e-mail for those. I really wish I had; I would have just placed another order for them. Now they're both OOS again (DS2 CE was in stock a few times), and with two days left on my last code I'm probably screwed. :roll:

It's probably for the best. I wasn't expecting those to be complete, given goHastings' track record with special edition contents.

And to the poster above me, I'm pretty sure they don't do replacements. If they're broken, they'll probably give you a return w/ prepaid shipping label, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back