goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jacoblee23']I have developed quite the backlog since joining this site lol[/QUOTE]

Lol, same here. That's why I'm not buying games for a long time.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Once again gonna ask,
I placed an order yesterday that i was charged for but i havent got the delivery conformation is this normal?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

They aren't supposed to charge you until your entire order has been completed, so you can either wait for delivery confirmation or e-mail customer service.

I placed an order yesterday that i was charged for but i havent got the delivery conformation is this normal?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
My order take 1 week to recieve the confirmation,so i think you are good for the moment.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
By Delivery Confirmation do you mean Shipping information or Order Confirmation? You should receive order confirmation within a few minutes of placing orders. As for shipping information, yesterday is Saturday. If the shipping department was working, they probably didn't get it out anyways. Plus usually from my experience, it's normal for at least 2-3 days before getting your shipping notice.

This was my first ever order from goHastings. I bought Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition both used for Xbox 360 for $26.XX. Just wondering if goHastings tests their games or checkes them for scratches or anything before selling like Gamestop does. Just don't wanna be disappointed.

[quote name='Wezzles']This was my first ever order from goHastings. I bought Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition both used for Xbox 360 for $26.XX. Just wondering if goHastings tests their games or checkes them for scratches or anything before selling like Gamestop does. Just don't wanna be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe they do (for condition or functionality) Newer titles you are usually likely to get good to great quality, older, not so much.

Are you saying GS checks games for scratches or functionality? I have never known that to be the case, their used game condition is the worst in the industry from my experience.

looked at the last few pages looking for the guy who represents hastings-wanted to see if he could fix a problem im having. Couldn't find his name and I was wondering if any one knows how to pm him.

thanks in advance.

[quote name='Wezzles']This was my first ever order from goHastings. I bought Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition both used for Xbox 360 for $26.XX. Just wondering if goHastings tests their games or checkes them for scratches or anything before selling like Gamestop does. Just don't wanna be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

They don't, or didn't in my case. I ordered a copy of F:NV and the disk had the telltale "I've been knocked over in the xbox while it was reading me" perfect circle scratch. Didn't even come close to reading in my system, disk unreadable error. They'll take it back and pay for return shipping, but it was still aggravating.

[quote name='kellte2']They don't, or didn't in my case. I ordered a copy of F:NV and the disk had the telltale "I've been knocked over in the xbox while it was reading me" perfect circle scratch. Didn't even come close to reading in my system, disk unreadable error. They'll take it back and pay for return shipping, but it was still aggravating.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly why I typically only purchase PS3 games and Blu-Ray movies. They don't scratch!

[quote name='strait edge follower']My copys of castlevania los and darksiders shipped ! Fingers crossed that they come complete in great condition. Oh and how have you guys been ? Missed chatting with you guys :)[/QUOTE]
ooooh I have a feeling it'll be like-new copies where the cases aren't even scratched.

Wow, got Guitar Hero 5, Nier, and FFXIII and all came like that had just been unsealed. Definitely big points to GoHastings for this sale!

Received Trauma Center: New Blood and Excitebots: Trick Racing for Wii. Both came without manuals, discs were loose in the case and Excitebots had very deep scratches...

First and last time ordering from GoHastings...just not worth the hassle if they don't come complete.

Got some more of my order in. Everything is nice and complete, but instead of getting Bomberman Land Touch 2 for the DS, they sent me the first game. Was still cheap, so I figure I'll just cut my loss and keep it.

I have received all but one game from this sale. I think my superhero game collection is now complete. I got Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Spider-Man 3, and non-superhero game G.I. Joe Rise of the Cobra. All came complete and look great, with the excception of Spider-Man 3, which came complete, but the disc looks pretty bad. It loaded, though, so I'm fine with that. Now I just need to get in my Spider-Man Friend or Foe and I'll be done. Great sale. Most of the games I got are sure to not be wonderful, but I've been wanting to play them all, and for a total of around $42 for six games, it made sense to grab them all now. I'm glad the sale is over, I don't know how much more stuff I would have bought if I got more codes, lol.

Ordered Army of Two: 40th Day yesterday for under $8 shipped. Hope it's a good game. Reviews aren't bad and I enjoyed the first one.

I just got both of my games from gohastings. My ps3 version came complete in great condition and it even had the sotn code inside it (don't know if it works but I have no plans to use it either way) my copy of darksiders forth 360 was in great condition but it had a sticker on it that was easily removed and the manual wasn't in it. However when I made my trip to gamestop I got the manual for it so its all good. Gohastings will get my money again in the near future !

[quote name='Gosha']Got some more of my order in. Everything is nice and complete, but instead of getting Bomberman Land Touch 2 for the DS, they sent me the first game. Was still cheap, so I figure I'll just cut my loss and keep it.[/QUOTE]
Why not give them a call or send an email about the problem? Some people reported that Gohastings send them the correct games and let you keep the incorrect one, or they at least send you a paid return labels. At least see how they will handle it.

Got my order. Castlevania (PS3) is in near perfect condition. But when I try to install Halo Reach and Black Ops onto the 360 hard drive I get a disc read error. Not really happy about that. It's confusing because they look fine aside from some light wear.

[quote name='morpheus47']Got my order. Castlevania (PS3) is in near perfect condition. But when I try to install Halo Reach and Black Ops onto the 360 hard drive I get a disc read error. Not really happy about that. It's confusing because they look fine aside from some light wear.[/QUOTE]

Did you try playing them without the install ?

After reading a lot of posts in this thread I admit I was kinda worried about how my order would turn out from gohastings. My 3 games arrived yesterday, all in great shape and one was still brand new sealed. Interesting how people's experience are so varying.

Their trade in list of $20 & up has been updated...Naughty Bear...doesn't specify the Gold Edition...some other titles that were easily picked up under $20.

Great for anyone that has a store nearby.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Did you try playing them without the install ?[/QUOTE]

No, I haven't. But to be honest, I don't really want to unless I can help it. I only get to play at night when the wife and baby are asleep and the 360's pretty loud without the install.

Gohastings is the best. Anyone reporting that they recieved the wrong game or the game had no manual should give them a call or send an email. They have great customer service. I recieved a game without a manual and they refunded my money and let me keep the game. If you don't let them know they can't fix the problem.

[quote name='morpheus47']No, I haven't. But to be honest, I don't really want to unless I can help it. I only get to play at night when the wife and baby are asleep and the 360's pretty loud without the install.[/QUOTE]

I asume you have a older 360 model. It so get a slim. I love mime as it riñe so much quieter (and it produces less heat too) both hd consoles run so quietly now and im really happy about that. The old 360's sound like someone is playing ace combat right next door to you with the volume blasted way up

[quote name='strait edge follower']I asume you have a older 360 model. It so get a slim. I love mime as it riñe so much quieter (and it produces less heat too) both hd consoles run so quietly now and im really happy about that. The old 360's sound like someone is playing ace combat right next door to you with the volume blasted way up[/QUOTE]

You are correct! I'll get a slim eventually, but my Elite is still going strong and I really can't spend the money right now.

My "Xbox 360 Silver Controller Play & Charge Kit" order arrived today.....problem was that I did not receive the play & charge kit with it. Turns out they cannot simply send me the play & charge portion nor can they send a replacement. I have to send it back to them and reorder the item. Unfortunately, the item is now out of stock. When the item does come back in-stock I will need to call them with a reference number so that they can adjust the price back down after I pay full price for the item. *sigh*

[quote name='Muthafodder']Their trade in list of $20 & up has been updated...Naughty Bear...doesn't specify the Gold Edition...some other titles that were easily picked up under $20.

Great for anyone that has a store nearby.[/QUOTE]

Check the dates on the bottom of that promo...:lol: They posted the $20 list from last year! This is not the first time they have done this. Their webmaster/designer should be fired for a multitude of things, this being only one of them.

Hasting's would never honor those in-store if they didn't ring up properly anyway, even if the dates were correct. I have had the worst trouble over the last few years getting them to honor stuff that is clearly advertised online or in-store but didn't ring up properly in the computer. They will consistently have games on those $20 lists that won't ring up for $20, or have signs up in-store for stuff that doesn't come up on sale, and I have been given almost every story under the sun for how/why they can't and/or won't honor them.

Long story short, if you think their website can be a PITA sometimes, be glad you haven't been to a B&M location! It just sucks because I think that Hastings has such a neat store concept, and they have some great deals on their website sometimes, but, IMHO, they are just a little too sloppy sometimes.

....OK, a lot of the time.

[quote name='sgaldis']Check the dates on the bottom of that promo...:lol: They posted the $20 list from last year! This is not the first time they have done this. Their webmaster/designer should be fired for a multitude of things, this being only one of them.[/QUOTE]

Wow, good catch!

That explains it...

Got AC Brotherhood and Fallout New Vegas today. Really surprised with how AC looks since it's previously viewed. Only 2 or 3 minor scratches. New Vegas looked new. Both installed fully.

Thanks again for the code, Kromis.

My New Vegas came today, condition looks beautiful...well spent $6.
Fallout 3: GOTY is still on its way so I'm 1 for 2 at this point.

My order of Burnout Paradise and RF: Guerrilla arrived today, and I couldn't be happier. They were both in plastic used wrapping (which I assume means they were originally in Gohastings retail stores), but the cases and discs look and feel brand new!

I'll definitely be on the lookout for future sales.

Hey so they said they shipped my items but when I tracked it, it says it still hasn't shipped. This was 4 days ago... so what's the status of my shipment?

EDIT: Nevermind, they just shipped it out today... Yay goHastings..

So i recieve my order today and:

Wiimotion plus and a nunchuck in very good state,the wiimote come with the gel and batteries also.
Metal Gear 4 is almost in perfect state.
The only thing is the 360 Slim 250gb i order,the packeage was garbage,it work fine and the control is almost new,but the console have many scraches.

I only hope the DS Lite i also order dont come like the 360.

had a hiccup in one of my orders and yet again go hastings steps up and made everything right.

The games that i did get all came great-even ordered a cabela bundle for a friend and everything came complete.

so just wanted to say thanks to the gohastings rep here for helping me out so quickly.

Well I ordered seven games last Monday, and turns out two got canceled because they overbooked which shouldn't happen to such a big company I would think... And of course the two games that got canceled were the ones I wanted the most: Eternal Sonata and Folklore. I e-mailed gohastings and they told me to call the 877 number which I did and after 10 minutes on hold I was told that I can not re-order them at that prices even though they went through to begin with. I asked for a rain check and couldn't even get one! :bomb: I understand that it was a promo and all but if I put my order through it should be fulfilled I think. On a side note I receive one of my games so far and the other four have not shipped yet. Game is in good condition but the manual looks like kids were practicing origami on it :cry: Well first time with gohastings and thinking it could be the last.

i ordered a PS3 320 GB used but that got canceled on me :bomb: and it took like a week and a half after ordering to get my GT5 which came in great just a little dirty, and on my second order my games came in 3 days after ordered on the july 31st, they were Shift 2 which came in perfect for a previously viewed game since it also came with the code but i'm not sure if it works. and i also got Medal of honor which came in great but didn't come with the code :whistle2:|

Has anyone ever gotten a replacement from gohastings or just return and refund when there has been a problem.

First time an order of mine has come in the plastic wrap saying quality guaranteed. Case was fine, manual was fine, only problem being the wrong game disc was in the case. Seems like it should be the main thing to guarantee :lol:.

Got my 3 CD's yesterday: one of them was barely used; one of them was like new; and one of them was new (still had the security strip in-tact). My experiences with GoHastings.com over the last year have been nothing other than stellar, and I've saved a ton of money on both music and game purchases.

Color me surprised. My order for Army of Two: 40th Day and DW:Strikeforce came in today (which I placed about half an hour before the coupon expired; my House S1,2,3,&4 from last Monday still hasn't made it here though). Army of Two looks good, but my DW: Strikeforce, which was supposed to be Used, is brand-new and sealed.
I'm very happy with that one.

my order from the 31st came today. 5 games. PS3 for Infamous, Killzone 2, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, and R&C tools of destruction, and 360 prey (cause prey 2 looks awesome, might as well figure out a vague connection)

prey looks kinda scratched, i still have to install it to check for sure though, all of the ps3 discs are great. Only problem I had was the missing manuals in both Killzone 2 and Tools of destruction. any luck trying to get manuals? or what? any advice?

I got my 2 40% off games. Both were pretty much like new. You would almost think they just took off the shrinkwrap.
Hunted: The Demon's Forge xbox - 19.xx
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 19.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back