GoHastings Sale

CheapAssHustla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
http://www.gohastings.com/browse/GAME/Ne/2464/N/2459+4294938927.uts?utm_source=eblast_03252011&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2Day

Two used qualifying games for $16. Some other deals include two paperbacks for $16; buy two dvd's get the third for $1. There's another one for electronics and pop/country albums as well. Use promo code GOWILD.
I really didn't see much that I wanted but I picked up Bioshock 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction for my sister.
Let me know what you guy's pick up. Their quality of used games is superb.

Their quality of used games is FAR from superb. In my last order the games came in filthy cracked cases, no manuals and they were scratched but playable. Also a Tony Hawk Shred bundle I ordered for my little brother was DOA. Other CAGs have also reported that used game condition is extremely varied at GoHastings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with SKEETER. They have sent me good game but I have received games with no game manual (okay, I accept that). However, the condition of some of the Xbox 360 games was bad and the fact that I also received a few incorrect games I did not order has given me the understanding that there is definitely a Quality Control issue within goHastings.

I am thinking that this sale is okay but I am looking at others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, Cheapass mode kicking in... on the 2 pages of games they have for this 2 for $16 deal they have a number of games that when added up are LESS than $16. So Alone in the Dark $4.96 + Dark Void $4.96 = $16? Umm... FAIL much?

Lousy sale. I ordered just one game from their crappy Facebook sale last week, and it arrived in a beat up cracked case. Their quality control is going down!!

Silly sale, you are not a deal! What are you doing?!

:(

I was really hoping for a B2G1 for $1 sale on games... oh well.

I just received 7 games from last week's free shipping coupon and all of them arrived in mint condition. Not a scratch on em'...

I never recieved anything from Gohastings that wasn't mint or near mint and I have ordered over 100 dvds, blus and games.

I'd actually bite on this if I could find another game to go with ODST but I can't...like others said, crap selection. Got Crysis 2 keeping me busy anyway.

I received 3 used games from that sale a couple of weeks ago and all in "like new" condition. Guess I am just lucky so far.

I posted this because I order several games from their 25% off used game sale. Donkey Kong, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Enslaved, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Final Fantasy 13, and Guitar Hero Van Halen. They're in excellent condition, and I was able to install all of my X360 purchases. I didn't receive a manual with Donkey Kong Returns, but hey for $28 I didn't care.

I've always received like-new games complete from Hastings. That's not the problem for me this time...its the selection. Oh well, there'll be another sale in a week.

out of like 40 games i have ordered only 1 was broken, but i only ordered PS3 games, i know xbox dvds are easier to break/scratch than blur ray

I've ordered many times from Gohastings. Used condition has ranged from new in wrap to unplayable. Don't assume you are going to get a game in great (or even decent) condition.

Does goHastings straight-up forget to charge your credit card sometimes? I placed an order over a month ago and still haven't been charged yet, even though everything shipped. Meanwhile I've placed a (much larger) order since then, even processed a couple of returns from it, and everything was charged in a timely fashion.

[quote name='81ols']damn...this is a fail sale![/QUOTE]

I picked up MGS4 and Bioshock 1 for $20, you cant find them at this price anywhere else i assure you

[quote name='VaultDweller']I picked up MGS4 and Bioshock 1 for $20, you cant find them at this price anywhere else i assure you[/QUOTE]

Those are great choices! I'm on my second playthrough of MGS4.

I bought dozens of games from them. Condition has been pretty decent and 90% of the games came with a manual. I have had games delivered with broken cases and missing manuals but those tended to be the older games. I have also picked up graphic novels and those have been good condition. The shipping is a little high which does break the deals they offer at times.

This is a terrible sale, but in the interest of defending goHastings, I've bought around 40 used games from goHastings, and only 1 had a broken case while another was a replacement case (but with artwork). I don't think goHastings has ever shipped a game that wasn't complete to me, and most discs are in good, if not mint condition. And of course, if you catch their B2G1 sales at the right time, you will very rarely encounter better used prices, esp. for more recently released games.

Additionally, their pricing policy for B2G1 sales works to your advantage because the cheapest game is officially worth $1. So while it sucks to have your game canceled, if you make sure it's not the $1-game, it effectively becomes B1G1 (e.g. 50% off). You might also get away with actively returning games in a B2G1 to make it B1G1, although I suspect they will catch on and ban you.

Should also add that many people decry their $2.28 shipping per item as killing their sales, but I think it's because they forget to factor the shipping into the list price (e.g. 3 games listed at $9 will still be $9 ea. after shipping, but in reality it was $11-12 incl. shipping in the first place - you still save $9), but very few retailers offer shipping prices that cheap. It will be usually $3.00 on eBay, or $3.99 on the Amazon Marketplace.

Even if goHastings does something wrong (like send you the incorrect product), that's what customer service is for.

definitely hit or miss. good luck bad luck. i myself have missed too much and would much rather pay a bit more and get like new from amazon

It just marks games over $8 down to $8, games less than $8 stay cheaper. For example if you buy a $17 game and a $5 game from the list you will pay $13, not $16.

Thanks op there are a ton of good games for 8$! Got Wet and Dante's Infirno. Many great used games are below 10$. There are a ton really.

[quote name='FuzyBaffy']Thanks op there are a ton of good games for 8$! Got Wet and Dante's Infirno. Many great used games are below 10$. There are a ton really.[/QUOTE]

dantes inferno wasnt part of the sale:roll:

They are also doing another book sale, this time 4 for $25 free shipping on books under 29.99 (can't remember if that's the usual limit or if it's less on the 4/$20 deals). Anyway, I have 4 in my cart - Fallout GOTY, Castlevania: LoS, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and DQ IX and it saves me about $37 off the normal prices.

[quote name='Jcole432']I just received 7 games from last week's free shipping coupon and all of them arrived in mint condition. Not a scratch on em'...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I always get mint condition discs and manuals but their cases always range from fair to terrible shape.

bread's done
Back