Gohastings Sign up for 40% off Previously Viewed movies 30% off of used

[quote name='deadbird']Anyone ever get previewed blu's? I'm hoping they're not badly damaged[/QUOTE]

Sometimes their previously viewed stuff might be in better condition than used, so just depends on your luck.

I've had good luck with previously viewed stuff coming in good condition.

I've ordered around 5 or 6 prev viewd and all were in mint condition in original case. Only difference was a small sticker around 1/4" wide on the inner ring of the disk.

[quote name='xfreefallerx']I've ordered around 5 or 6 prev viewd and all were in mint condition in original case. Only difference was a small sticker around 1/4" wide on the inner ring of the disk.[/QUOTE]

does it come with original artwork?

[quote name='coopx']does it come with original artwork?[/QUOTE]

PV are ex rentals and include original case and artwork. PVs rarely have slipcovers because movie companies don't send versions w/ the slipcover to Hastings.

[quote name='kingkiller33']Don't buy PV. YOu will get an ugly generic case, stickers on the disc, and the disc is stratched. Never again![/QUOTE]

I've always received original case and box art with only a small sticker on the disk.

[quote name='kingkiller33']Don't buy PV. YOu will get an ugly generic case, stickers on the disc, and the disc is stratched. Never again![/QUOTE]

What are you basing this off of? Only places that do that are like BBV, and they aren't BBV.

If you've actually been in one of their stores, the cases are the original cases with artwork, so not sure if you are just guessing because you don't know, or if you experienced this, you should probably be more specific.

Otherwise, I've never had any of these supposed problems you have mentioned from buying previously viewed from Hastings.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Think I w8ill be able to stack another coupon on top of this one?[/QUOTE]

Once you enter the code, it will remove the spot to reenter the code, so it won't stack.

This will be great if I can get the one BD that I want. I'll say what it is after I get/don't get it.

I received all 4 of my 40% off games in the mail yesterday, Tron: Evolution was brand new & sealed, the other 3 are in mint condition all around as usual. Stupid wagon-wheel cases, when will they stop haunting me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never bought previously viewed movies from GoHastings before, so i have a question about the "Previously Viewed" category.

"Previously Viewed" means a rental copy with no additonal content other than the movie? I've bought a "rental copy" of a movie from BBV and it had nothing other than the film itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Smart Aleck']I've never bought previously viewed movies from GoHastings before, so i have a question about the "Previously Viewed" category.

"Previously Viewed" means a rental copy with no additonal content other than the movie? I've bought a "rental copy" of a movie from BBV and it had nothing other than the film itself.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the previously viewed, they only send out the main disc, so if it was a blu-ray package with digitial copy discs and what not, they don't give the customer those, just the blu-ray disc, so when you buy previously viewed, the extra discs in most cases are in unused condition.

Assuming that's what you were asking, hope that helps.

I think he is asking if there is a chance of getting one of the rental only copies like BBV has. You know, the ones that have the word RENTAL on the disc and coverart and usually have nothing else but the movie on it. And yes, there is going to be a chance since the PV are ex rentals. I haven't gotten one and all of mine came in BBV style cases but it is a possibility with ex rental purchases.

Last time I ordered some previously viewed blu's from Hastings they came in a DVD rental case along with the original art work and disc. My used blu's came in BluRay cases and complete (minus slip covers).

So like people have said, it's luck of the draw. You can always buy replacement BluRay cases if your movies come in Rental cases, though.

[quote name='dmdragon']I think he is asking if there is a chance of getting one of the rental only copies like BBV has. You know, the ones that have the word RENTAL on the disc and coverart and usually have nothing else but the movie on it. And yes, there is going to be a chance since the PV are ex rentals. I haven't gotten one and all of mine came in BBV style cases but it is a possibility with ex rental purchases.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was kind of confused.

I really have no problem with DVD cases,because i can always get some cheap BR cases like aaronmills said. Looking forward to getting this promo code.

I got a email with a generic code for this without signing up for anything, thought I did sign up for the 40% off games two weeks ago.

[quote name='Vinny']I got a email with a generic code for this without signing up for anything, thought I did sign up for the 40% off games two weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

thats just a standard sale, the code you signed up for is better and will be emailed tomorrow

[quote name='henry00x']thats just a standard sale, the code you signed up for is better and will be emailed tomorrow[/QUOTE]

The code is the same as this... 40% off PV and 30% off used DVDs/BDs.

[quote name='Vinny']The code is the same as this... 40% off PV and 30% off used DVDs/BDs.[/QUOTE]

That code is 40% off cds, 30% used/pv dvds, 30% off pv blus, and 20% off used blus. It's not the same as this.

Of course I Saw the Devil is OOS.
I found the giant Zeta Gundam Limited Box Set for $58.99 on the site, but the code doesn't work on it I guess.

Edit: And their site is running horribly for me right now.

[quote name='xfreefallerx']Yeah, I can browse their site, but as soon as I click on anything to get to details it crashes.[/QUOTE]

that sounds about typical for Gohastings during any kind of sale :roll:

[quote name='linkbear']That code is 40% off cds, 30% used/pv dvds, 30% off pv blus, and 20% off used blus. It's not the same as this.[/QUOTE]

Ah, my mistake.

I really don't want to say what's in my cart right now, but if everything I have my eye on doesn't rocket up in price or go OOS, then tomorrow I am going to get a great haul.
I kind of feel like going ahead and getting the items now with the 30% rather than risk them being gone for the 40%. It would be a $12.XX difference in price though.

I recieved the 40% off Games code last week at 9:17, so hopefully the movie codes go out soon.One of my items went OOS, but the prices remained the same. That item being gone will save me a bit of money though, so no big deal.

Band of Brothers
Used - Blu-ray
Discount: One for $19.67
Usually Ships Within 48 Hours.
$28.09
$19.67 1 $19.67

The Pacific
James Badge Dale
Used - Blu-ray
Discount: One for $24.47
Usually Ships Within 48 Hours.
$34.95
$24.47 1 $24.47

I'll take them both for $48.70 shipped. Each one of them new is more than that, so I cannot complain. Just hoping GH doesn't disappoint me on this one!

Got my coupon and my order.
G Gundam volume 10 - $2.48
G Gundam volume 11 - $4.19
Trigun Complete - $14.09
Ikki Tousen Complete - $12.72
House season 1 - $5.97
House season 2 - $5.45
House season 3 - $5.67
House season 4 - $5.45

$18.24 shipping.
$74.26 out the door. House season 5 is what went OOS for me, but I might use my other code on it later if it pops back up in stock. Hope these House seasons come in good shape. And I am pumped to have finished off G Gundam. I recently got a good deal on eBay on 6 of the volumes.

The Pacific - $24.47
Battle LA - $11.17
Easy A - $3.29
Wrestlemania XXVII - $7.76
The Social Network - $5.37
Salt - $2.70
Curious Case of Benjamin Button - $4.32
Toy Story 3 - $7.91

Total after shipping = $85.23

Great deal, kinda bummed about the shipping costs though ($18).

Didn't get everything I wanted because of the whole ""Qualifying titles" deal this time, but still got quite a few things I wanted.

I received my code this morning, but I'm not interested in any movies from Gohastings; I'd be willing to trade someone my code for an unused 40% off code for video games. Just send me a PM.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Got my coupon and my order.
G Gundam volume 10 - $2.48
G Gundam volume 11 - $4.19
Trigun Complete - $14.09
Ikki Tousen Complete - $12.72
House season 1 - $5.97
House season 2 - $5.45
House season 3 - $5.67
House season 4 - $5.45

$18.24 shipping.
$74.26 out the door. House season 5 is what went OOS for me, but I might use my other code on it later if it pops back up in stock. Hope these House seasons come in good shape. And I am pumped to have finished off G Gundam. I recently got a good deal on eBay on 6 of the volumes.[/QUOTE]

why didnt you buy the $2.99 version of house season 1? comes to $1.80 before shipping. thats the one i bought http://www.gohastings.com/product/MOVIE/House-Season-One/sku/191073552.uts

Got mine as well.

Got a bunch of wrestling DVDs (couple of Anthology sets) and only spent $60 with shipping.

It is very random on what gets discounted.

3 of the titles I wanted would not discount which is odd as they were the same "type" of items I ordered and got a discount on -- example Royal Rumble Anthology Vol 1 -- discounted but Royal Rumble Anthology Vol 3 - no discount.

Very weird.

Great deal nonetheless.

Greg

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']why didnt you buy the $2.99 version of house season 1? comes to $1.80 before shipping. thats the one i bought http://www.gohastings.com/product/MOVIE/House-Season-One/sku/191073552.uts[/QUOTE]

My guess is he didn't want the "flipper" discs. S1 was doublesided flippers and then later released again as regular discs.

I bought the flippers since it was cheaper and because I rip my stuff and put it on my server ... discs get stowed away and never used so I didn't care.

Greg

[quote name='GCS']My guess is he didn't want the "flipper" discs. S1 was doublesided flippers and then later released again as regular discs.

I bought the flippers since it was cheaper and because I rip my stuff and put it on my server ... discs get stowed away and never used so I didn't care.

Greg[/QUOTE]
ah, didnt notice that, not that i care that ill have to flip them. but good to know thanks

[quote name='GCS']My guess is he didn't want the "flipper" discs. S1 was doublesided flippers and then later released again as regular discs.

Greg[/QUOTE]
I believe the first set was also non-anamorphic.

[quote name='ssjmichael']My mind right now:

whattobuywhattobuywhattobuywhattobuywhattobuywhattobuywhattobuy[/QUOTE]

Hopefully your mind clears up before everything good goes out of stock. :D

Greg[/QUOTE]

Eh, I didn't know that actually. I just saw two Season 1's and one was really really cheap and figured there was something negative about it to make it that cheap, so I sprung for the other one.

I was gonna see if that Zeta Gundam box set would work with this promo code, but it jumped up from right under $60 to almost $100.

bread's done
Back