GoHastings - Used Nintendo Wii - $49.99 - 9/7 ONLY!

HydroX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
103 (100%)
[quote name='Hastings via Facebook']TODAY ONLY! Save $70 on a Used Wii console with Remote and Remote Jacket. We have 50 units available at this unbelievable price. Use the promo code: Wii-DealoftheDay Limit one (1) per cart. Sale ends 9/7/2012 11:59 CT.[/QUOTE]

GoHastings.com is selling 50 Nintendo Wii systems (used) for $49.99 with coupon code Wii-DealoftheDay

Not bad at all.

Definitely not a bad deal. Wonder if this comes in a Nintendo Wii box? Might be worth grabbing one of these for my nephew and niece for Xmas. Thy would flip out over it. I usually spend 25 bucks on each of them but it's mostly toys I get them. If they got an entire gaming system for them, I'd be their favorite uncle. Plus I'm getting it at the same cost I would spend on dinky toys for them.

Does anybody have any experience with used systems from gohastings? Warranty? Are they beat up or does it all depend?

Thanks!

I would buy a used system at Hastings over GameStop any day. Not sure on the warranty terms, but this is a good deal.

I'm considering buying a wii for my parents now.

Funny story. My family purchased my dad a PS3 2 years ago for Xmas. My brothers and their families live in different states so getting together for the holidays doesn't always work out. That year we were all home for Thanksgiving so we decided, let's give him the ps3 now as an early present. My father is 65, 63 at the time, and when he opened up the PS3 he was pissed. He was saying "Why the hell did you get me that thing, i'm never going to use it" - It was great seeing him so angry over it. Long story short, I bought him Battlefield Bad Company 2 that week, hooked him up with a mic and we played some multiplayer.... he was freaking hooked. I live in NYC and my father lives in PA and I can't tell you how many times I saw him online at 2am playing battlefield. Funny stuff.

Either way, he'll probably yell at me for buying him a wii but in the long run, I can totally see him playing mario and crap like he did with us when we were kids!

I need to look on Go Hastings site for warranties on a used system. I'm worried that this thing will break in a week.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Wonder if this comes in a Nintendo Wii box?[/QUOTE]

I bought a friend DJ Hero for the PS3 used and it was sent in a generic shipping box. For the price, I wouldn't consider the lack of a box a dealbreaker but don't expect one.

[quote name='Kerig']I bought a friend DJ Hero for the PS3 used and it was sent in a generic shipping box. For the price, I wouldn't consider the lack of a box a dealbreaker but don't expect one.[/QUOTE]

What kind of shape was the DJ Hero system in? Was it the DJ hardware or just the game?

I've purchased games and Blus from Gohastings plenty of times in great condition. I have no worries with that. It's the shape the system is in that I'm worried about. I'd have a 30 day return window. I just saw on their site. Christmas is far off. I could always try it when it delivers and see if it's working. But does the wii get a red ring of death like the 360? Or if it works than most likely it will be fine going forward?

It was the hardware bundle. Great shape, but it's not quite in the same league as an actual console with an optical drive.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']ughhh. Wondering if I should hold off for Black Friday and hope they have a wii deal....[/QUOTE]

The Black Friday fetish on CAG is a little overboard IMO. I doubt there will be a better deal on a Wii than this, and if there is because it is happening on BF, it will be impossible to get one.

[quote name='209chromatic']Nvm

So its only the wii and jacket? Makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

It say Wii with Remote and Remote Jacket. That means no game, basically. Makes perfect sense.

[quote name='Drclaw411']The Black Friday fetish on CAG is a little overboard IMO. I doubt there will be a better deal on a Wii than this, and if there is because it is happening on BF, it will be impossible to get one.[/QUOTE]

I think it's more than a little overboard. People act like every game ever is going to be on sale.

Black Friday has some good deals usually, but nowhere near what people hype it up to be every single year.

had wiis in better shape at cowboom for 49 a few days back

LOL find it funny they charge 2.28 to ship a system and 2.28 to ship a game

Black friday deals have gotten worse and worse each year and more and more limited. I find better deals keeping up with CAG throughout the year personally. Great price for the system as long as you get a good one. Lots of good wii exclusives.

There are still some good BF deals however they have become extremely hard to get, however BB has pretty much kept up the momentum of its BF deals all year round.

I have found several of the same games at the same BF deals on Newegg throughout the year.

The problem with the BF deals is that a $30 game that is a great deal on BF will tank to $20 or maybe even less during Jan. and Feb.....

[quote name='therealdanhill']I'm seeing like 117 on this, must be dead. Was gonna get one too.[/QUOTE]

You have to enter the coupon code on the checkout screen.

[quote name='Bosamba']Are these the ones that can also play Gamecube games?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say that I can see...but if they're used they're probably older so your chances are greatly increased.

I'm seriously thinking about it but man, just don't know. I'd like to play Skyward sword but can't think of much else I'd care about.

I got the Wii a year before the ORIGINAL release date for Skyward Sword. I own a PS3 and 360 but the Wii is the most abused system in my household.

Skyward Sword is/was a good reason to get the system, but now I also look forward to get Xenoblade and Last Story. Some other titles to consider...
Conduit
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Galaxy 1&2
Fire Emblem
Muramasa
Okami
Punchout
Monster Hunter Tri

Hell with it. I grabbed one for my folks.

I disagree with black Friday. It's fun seeing the mayhem. Are the deals good, no clue. I bought NFS The Run for 28 and arkham city/asylum 2 pack for 28. Those deals were good at the time.

[quote name='ets']I got the Wii a year before the ORIGINAL release date for Skyward Sword. I own a PS3 and 360 but the Wii is the most abused system in my household.

Skyward Sword is/was a good reason to get the system, but now I also look forward to get Xenoblade and Last Story. Some other titles to consider...
Conduit
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Galaxy 1&2
Fire Emblem
Muramasa
Okami
Punchout
Monster Hunter Tri[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had one on launch night... I couldn't stand Conduit, Metroid Prime was fun but not what I expected, for some reason I could never stick with SMG 1 (never played 2)...

There's some stuff out for sure but I can't justify this, trying to get a photography business going so I'm taking a loss as it is while I try to build a good portfolio up.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Definitely not a bad deal. Wonder if this comes in a Nintendo Wii box? Might be worth grabbing one of these for my nephew and niece for Xmas. Thy would flip out over it. I usually spend 25 bucks on each of them but it's mostly toys I get them. If they got an entire gaming system for them, I'd be their favorite uncle. Plus I'm getting it at the same cost I would spend on dinky toys for them.

Does anybody have any experience with used systems from gohastings? Warranty? Are they beat up or does it all depend?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't do it as a XMas present for kids. AFAIk the new WiiU is coming out in November 11 and them seeing a Wii box will make them think you got them the latest version and then no U letter int he carton they might get disappointed.

Also, it's is highly likely that in BF this think get's 'clearanced' out if the new system gets released on Nov.11

[quote name='claypool']Does it include, power adapter, a/v adapter, sensor bar, nunchuk, wii sports...etc?[/QUOTE]
At Hastings, when we accept a used Wii system, it must include:
a/v cables
power adapter
Wiimote
Nunchuck
Sensor Bar

Wii sports would not be included.

I decided to bite on this deal to modd it, is there anywhere I can get a good deal on wii remotes and nunchucks? Let me know thanks in advance!

[quote name='GinsuVictim']At Hastings, when we accept a used Wii system, it must include:
a/v cables
power adapter
Wiimote
Nunchuck
Sensor Bar

Wii sports would not be included.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation!

[quote name='Carlanga']I wouldn't do it as a XMas present for kids. AFAIk the new WiiU is coming out in November 11 and them seeing a Wii box will make them think you got them the latest version and then no U letter int he carton they might get disappointed.

Also, it's is highly likely that in BF this think get's 'clearanced' out if the new system gets released on Nov.11[/QUOTE]

Solid point. I called my brother, turns out they had a Wii. Ended up buying one for the parents.

Just got my used Wii from gohastings. All is in good condition. System works perfectly. Extremely happy.for 49 bucks. My parents will enjoy it.

Mine also came with Wii resort. Nice!

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']ughhh. Wondering if I should hold off for Black Friday and hope they have a wii deal....[/QUOTE]

i still call a 79 buck WII deal on bf

[quote name='HydroX']And at that point it doesn't even matter as the Wii becomes an outdated console.[/QUOTE]

rather pay 50 to 70 for a WII before EVER paying 350 for a paperweight wii u for the first 18 months of its lifespan and by then the system will be around 249

[quote name='HydroX']And at that point it doesn't even matter as the Wii becomes an outdated console.[/QUOTE]

Just because a system becomes outdated doesn't mean the games stop working, etc. There are tons of games avail and to get an entire system, remote, and game (wii resort) for 49 is a steal! My parents will enjoy it.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Just because a system becomes outdated doesn't mean the games stop working, etc. There are tons of games avail and to get an entire system, remote, and game (wii resort) for 49 is a steal! My parents will enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

No shit, Sherlock. ;)

49 is a steal, that's why I posted it. It will soon become the norm as it seems $50 is the roundabout price for most outdated consoles... So $79 on black Friday isn't much of a deal if you've waited this long on the wii... Might as well wait a few (or 6) more months and get it at $50-60, which is where I believe it's headed once the Wii U drops in Nov.

bread's done
Back