Going to Sears for a 360? Read this...

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Today I stopped by Sears on the way back from work. They told me that they would not be getting any 360s. He told me that you can order a 360 at Sears.com and have it delivered to the store.

Sounds pretty stupid and probably not true, but if I were you guys, I'd call before going.

[quote name='wildnuts02']Today I stopped by Sears on the way back from work. They told me that they would not be getting any 360s. He told me that you can order a 360 at Sears.com and have it delivered to the store.

Sounds pretty stupid and probably not true, but if I were you guys, I'd call before going.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I called my local Sears and they said they would have some 360s for sale tomorrow, they didn't know how many though, so YMMV and call ahead.

Since K-Mart owns Sears, this is very true.

Today I found out ONE store, out of all the K-Mart's here (at least 5 or 6) is getting in 23 Xbox 360's.... the rest of the stores are fucked. It was a fun day answering the phone at work today, and I dread tommorrow.

Some people take this shit way too seriously, I'll tell you that much.

In the Sunday paper Sears newpaper ad, towards the bottome of the page that had the Xbox ad, it says "only larger stores will be receiving the Xbox 360 for sales". Not every sears is getting one. Like the CostCo where I'm going to get mine, the 2 other Costcos in town aren't getting any, and supposedly the other 30 or so in the CA central valley isn't getting any either. The one store has the highest volume in this area of CA, so they get all the consoles.

I remember going to Sears the morning that the PS2 came out. There were a bunch of people that struck out everywhere else and Sears was the last place to open. They didn't have any.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']i was told by my manager that Sears.com would be selling around 80 360's at around midnight.[/QUOTE]

Uhm, is this the mother of all Sears??? LIke at the Sears tower, heh

Our Sears is supposedly getting 2 cores in, and they said similar things about being able to buy 360's online after midnight.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']:whistle2:/

maybe i was told wrong, sorry guys.[/QUOTE]

don't feel bad man! i got the same story from my Sears. figures that these guys wouldn't have their shit together though.

my sears store said they MIGHT, key word MIGHT, get in their shipment today, and they have people sitting in the store hoping to get one. It seems as though there are many unemployed/low income people trying to get these xboxes. I was looking around and most of the cars in the parking lots with lines seemed to be early 90s american cars, seems like these people should be saving their money instead of spending it on a $400 system

[quote name='Roufuss']Since K-Mart owns Sears, this is very true.

Today I found out ONE store, out of all the K-Mart's here (at least 5 or 6) is getting in 23 Xbox 360's.... the rest of the stores are fucked. It was a fun day answering the phone at work today, and I dread tommorrow.

Some people take this shit way too seriously, I'll tell you that much.[/QUOTE]

i wonder how many people will kick the old xboxs thinking they was 360s : ) i remember with the elmo craze someone kick the fuck out of a poor little stuff emlo thinking it was the dancing one, when they found out it wasnt they started kicking the hell out of it... it had to be one of the most funnier things i saw at walmart over the years

hehehe

I noticed that (the people waiting in line) too with my wanderings. But I don't have a problem with it. It actually makes a lot of sense. Typically (wide stereotype, I know) the "lower middle class" is more people and relationship oriented. The rest of the US is more "my home is my castle" oriented.

I will say it a different way. Most people without money value people and the time spent with them as the highest form. Most people WITH money tend to value money and THINGS. Just a wide stereotype, I know...

By the way - I have no idea where I fit in. I don't have money, and I use this site, so I guess I am low middle class. hehe
Matthew

bread's done
Back