Golden Eye 007 Classic Edition (Includes Gold Classic controller) - $69.99 shipped

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been pretty vocal about posting MSRP deals, but I do make exceptions when I think something might be limited. I'm not sure if that's the case here, but Nintendo is releasing an edition of Goldeneye 007 with a golden Classic Pro controller included. It's $20 more than the regular edition, but also consider regular classic pro controller sells for $22.99 on Amazon.

So while more of a heads-up, than a deal, I thought some might be interested in it. So does anyone think these might only be available for a limited time?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Controller:

41sld64j%2BwL._AA300_.jpg

Box art:

41G4tBsfhcL._AA300_.jpg

This thread is starting to feel like N4G with the trolling/psychic review posts, despite the fact I know the membership here is better than that. I hope I don't see terrorist and rape-game apologists next.

I honestly had more fun in the late 90's AND the present playing GoldenEye than in 2005 when I bought a used Xbox 1 and played through Halo 1 and 2 and did some multiplayer matches. I still have more fun with GoldenEye to this day (tried it again in the spring with some split screen action with 3 other people). I am not much of a Halo fan (good but not brilliant game), but am to this day still fond of the original GoldenEye. It stood the test of time (the fun, not the graphics) well, and rests in the pantheon of greats, next to Perfect Dark 1.

My standards are not low, either (I love most of the acclaimed modern FPS's too, just like the next guy)...it's that GoldenEye was/is exploding with addictive charm, design brilliance and playability, and to me, it did twice as much for FPS's on consoles than Halo 1 or 2 did, sorry. The graphics are irrelevant, the plethora of fun is still under the rusty coating.

As for this bundle, I probably won't get it, but thanks OP for the info. I want to try this "reinvention" (not a port, not a remake, to me at least) first before I pay up, partly because it's from Kotick and company...and partly because it's a re-envisioning of something so great.

btw, from what I understand, Craig is the Bond here for legal reasons. Brosnan cannot play any Bond anymore, all Bond licensing/roles go to Craig for the time being, hence the replacement.

bread's done
Back