GoldenEye Reloaded $48.95 (360) and $51.99 (PS3) at Amazon

is this game any good? were you born in the 90s?

the price needs to go lower. A remake of a remake does not warrant a $60 price tag

[quote name='themidnighter23']is this game any good? were you born in the 90s?

the price needs to go lower. A remake of a remake does not warrant a $60 price tag[/QUOTE]

It's very different from the original game, it's like Shattered Memories was to Silent Hill 1 in terms of re-imagining things. That being said, I agree that it should have been priced the same as the Wii version was a year ago ($50), but it's Activision.

Nearly every game nowadays gets a $10 discount a week or so after they're released. This title needs to drop a whole lot more before I consider getting it

[quote name='themidnighter23']is this game any good? were you born in the 90s?[/QUOTE]

What the hell is that supposed to mean? It's not an HD remake. It's a whole new game, jackass.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']What the hell is that supposed to mean? It's not an HD remake. It's a whole new game, jackass.[/QUOTE]

no, it's the same game with better make-up. The levels are relatively the same with tweaks here and there so yeah, it's essentially the same game.

geez, must of hit a nerve to get you all riled up.

[quote name='Prismatico']It's very different from the original game, it's like Shattered Memories was to Silent Hill 1 in terms of re-imagining things. That being said, I agree that it should have been priced the same as the Wii version was a year ago ($50), but it's Activision.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I still gots the Wii version from last year.

Kind of wished I waited and gotten the PS3/360 version since I haven't even played my Wii copy (backlog).

They should've at least priced this at $39.99 or 49.99 MSRP at the very least since it's a remastered version of the Wii.

It's mediocre, I have it right now from GameFly. It's copied from the Wii version exactly.

The Move support is not as responsive as Killzone IMO.

$10 seems about right.

wii version was disappointing because the controls were awful unless you had a classic controller and that was only marginally better

and the graphics on the wii were laughable, at times I felt like I'd rather be playing the original

[quote name='themidnighter23']no, it's the same game with better make-up. The levels are relatively the same with tweaks here and there so yeah, it's essentially the same game.

geez, must of hit a nerve to get you all riled up.[/QUOTE]

No it's not.

[quote name='porieux']Redbox carries this one if you're curious..[/QUOTE]

perfect will give it a rent doubt it will take longer that 5 days to play through so $10 or less

[quote name='whoknows']No it's not.[/QUOTE]

then how exactly is it different? they put in Craig, they changed things here and there, but you're essentially going through the same game. The game is just better looking with changes here and there. You can't tell me that you, Don't jump over off of the top of a dam, go through the streets in a tank, run through a train, run around on a satellite dish, etc etc

[quote name='themidnighter23']no, it's the same game with better make-up. The levels are relatively the same with tweaks here and there so yeah, it's essentially the same game.

geez, must of hit a nerve to get you all riled up.[/QUOTE]

It's not the same game. The first level or two resemble how the N64 game approached things, but other than that it's just based on the same movie but also with the current Bond. Also, it's not a remake of a remake either, it's a port with a better engine and HD resolution.

I don't know how you can call a complete re-imagining of the source material just a few tweaks here and there, but it sounds like you're just going off of what someone else said to begin with.

[quote name='Prismatico']It's not the same game. The first level or two resemble how the N64 game approached things, but other than that it's just based on the same movie but also with the current Bond. Also, it's not a remake of a remake either, it's a port with a better engine and HD resolution.

I don't know how you can call a complete re-imagining of the source material just a few tweaks here and there, but it sounds like you're just going off of what someone else said to begin with.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's a remake of a remake. And what does "it's just based on the same movie but also with the current Bond." Did they create new levels? See that would be a re-imagining, if they create new levels.

[quote name='themidnighter23']yeah, that's a remake of a remake. And what does "it's just based on the same movie but also with the current Bond." Did they create new levels? See that would be a re-imagining, if they create new levels.[/QUOTE]

They didn't start from the ground up (the engine supposedly did, but everything else is the same), so it's not a remake. Think HD remasters of PS2 games. This is the HD version of a Wii game, with nothing changed for the campaign. There are some new solo missions and other tweaks, but that's not really any different from the PS2 (and later versions) Resident Evil 4, and nobody calls that a remake of a Gamecube game.

And I'm saying that it's based on a movie, but 95% different from how things worked in the N64 version. Some of the levels are based on the same source material, and include iconic scenes like the dam jump, but that doesn't make them the same when everything else plays out completely differently. It's not that hard to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Prismatico']They didn't start from the ground up, so it's not a remake. Think HD remasters of PS2 games.

And I'm saying that it's based on a movie, but 95% different from how things worked in the N64 version. Some of the levels are based on the same source material, and include iconic scenes like the dam jump, but that doesn't make them the same. It's not that hard to understand.[/QUOTE]
The game is based off a classic game. This game is based off the game that was based on a classic. Remake of a remake. Also, saying that "95% different from how things worked from N64" only means that it plays differently with tweaks. You even said it yourself, "Some of the levels are based on the same source material, and include iconic scenes like the dam jump, but that doesn't make them the same." Translation, it plays like the original but with tweaks.

I understand very clearly.

[quote name='themidnighter23']The game is based off a classic game. This game is based off the game that was based on a classic. Remake of a remake. Also, saying that "95% different from how things worked from N64" only means that it plays differently with tweaks. You even said it yourself, "Some of the levels are based on the same source material, and include iconic scenes like the dam jump, but that doesn't make them the same." Translation, it plays like the original but with tweaks.

I understand very clearly.[/QUOTE]

Both are based off a movie. Did you forget that Goldeneye was a movie first? And you're taking what I said out of context...when I said 95%, I literally meant that the majority of the game doesn't resemble the design, functionality, or anything from the N64 game.

I'm not just talking about gameplay, the levels are entirely different, the objectives aren't even close to being the same, and it's not even the same story underlying it all! It's set after Quantum of Solace, and many plot details were changed while some levels weren't present in any form in the N64 game.

Let me Wiki that for you:

Differences compared to GoldenEye 007
-Reloaded has some changes to its Wii counterpart. There's new added gameplay, peripheral compatibility and improved graphics.
-The game is developed from scratch with a new game engine featuring high-definition graphics, which wasn't possible on the Wii due to the console lacking HD support.
-Support for the Xbox 360 achievements system and PlayStation 3 trophy system
-New single player campaign mode: Mi6 OPS Missions
-New multiplayer mode: Escalation
-New multiplayer features: Online multiplayer support for up to 16 players, as well as additional maps and weapons
-PlayStation Move compatibility for the PlayStation 3 version. Activison is also releasing an exclusive PlayStation 3 bundle called "GoldenEye 007: Reloaded - Double 'O' Edition." The bundle features the game on Blu-Ray Disc, the PlayStation Move motion and navigation controllers, PlayStation Eye Camera, the Sharp Shooter peripheral, and access to the downloadable character Hugo Drax. The bundle will be released along with the standalone game.

I had the Wii version I got at a Blockbuster sale sitting on my shelf and never felt the urge to put it in. I never played this on N64, and I'm not sure I care to, either. Dated gameplay makes for boring game.

Was pretty good on Wii but I think it would benefit coming out on a console that actually doesn't look like a jagged mess and with a good controller. I look forward to getting this... just closer to $30.

Goldeneye Reloaded kicks @ss. PS3 Sharpshooter support 1080p visuals. Game is quite a bit different than the original and the MI6 Ops modes are tons of fun. Online play you rank up in similar fashion to Call of Duty games with XP that gets you better weapons and gadgets. Highly recommended.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Nearly every game nowadays gets a $10 discount a week or so after they're released. This title needs to drop a whole lot more before I consider getting it[/QUOTE]:applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Gosha']Give it 3-4 months and it'll be sub-$20.[/QUOTE]I can see this $20-$30 after @gamer coupon sometime Jan-Feb.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I'll buy it when I can get it for $30.00[/QUOTE]^^^

Yeah, price isn't all that unexpected. This'll be $30 in no time.

I really don't understand the business decision here. So, in 2008 Activision bitches that no one bought Quantum of Solace because they released it right around Call of Duty. Two years later, they have two Bond games on the table, a third person shooter and a Wii-exclusive FPS. Both are released around Call of Duty... the third person shooter gets destroyed sales-wise, but the non-Call of Duty competing Wii game actually does pretty well.

2011. They put the money and effort into revamping the Wii exclusive game and then decided to release it A WEEK BEFORE CALL OF DUTY.

I just don't fucking get Activision's thought process with Bond games. While they haven't been amazing, they're solid enough to gain some traction during a slow part of the year, yet they continue to release them into the busiest time of year to effectively get slaughtered.

It makes no goddamn sense.

[quote name='007']Yeah, price isn't all that unexpected. This'll be $30 in no time.

I really don't understand the business decision here. So, in 2008 Activision bitches that no one bought Quantum of Solace because they released it right around Call of Duty. Two years later, they have two Bond games on the table, a third person shooter and a Wii-exclusive FPS. Both are released around Call of Duty... the third person shooter gets destroyed sales-wise, but the non-Call of Duty competing Wii game actually does pretty well.

2011. They put the money and effort into revamping the Wii exclusive game and then decided to release it A WEEK BEFORE CALL OF DUTY.

I just don't fucking get Activision's thought process with Bond games. While they haven't been amazing, they're solid enough to gain some traction during a slow part of the year, yet they continue to release them into the busiest time of year to effectively get slaughtered.

It makes no goddamn sense.[/QUOTE]so so true:applause::applause::applause: Why don't some companies realize they should take advantage of gamings dead period July-August then enjoy the holiday sales boost during BF & such. DE:HR did it right this yr. Vanquish is another title & even NFS hot pursuit last yr, NFS sold very well but could've been a top monthly seller if released in an earlier month plus gained additional sales thoughout the holidays.

I want this game. But after the Gamefly sales and all the games out by March? I can wait till $20, maybe even $10.

Haven't played in a few days but the multi player on the 360 was broken for the first week. Connection error trying to get into a match. The game is decent, not great but there's a grip of maps... Pretty silly that there's like 10+ game modes ----> Good luck in a month getting anything other than team conflict or conflict going :)

Please save your money. I have it from Redbox and its so fucking terrible.

Lol at the slow guy who won't accept that its not a remake of the N64 game. Seriously, they have very few parts that are similar despite wanting to give you a similar feeling.

Its also obnoxiously easy, even on 007 classic(the hardest setting)

bread's done
Back