(gone but successful) Lord of the Rings ROTK $5 after voucher at EBgames.com

jshorr

CAGiversary!
There's a $10 gift voucher coming up along with the 14.99 price. Although the link is currently invalid, I was told by an EB CSR that it's just not all the way up and either way they would honor it because it was on the site. I already have this game but you can't beat $5 for this great game.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235996.asp?siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-la7XeKNoSXuaZGm8gcFULg

Print out the page and worst thing if the voucer link doesn't go active by today just cancel your order.

I just called them about this. It's only for new copies, so of course they wouldn't have the GC version new. It's actually more expensive used than new even without the rebate. They said to call back in about 2 hours after they could talk to the guy in charge of rebates, and see if he could honor the discount for me, even though it's not a new game. They're actually really nice.

After reading both of you posts, this is seeming more and more like a big steaming load of a deal! I went ahead and put my order in (to cover my CAG ass) and at the bottom of the order confirmation page I see a link, I clicked on it and it took me here: https://one-time-offer.com/sol3/ebg...D7C7978B20C0B160618031D7B7A63C90301080509C17D, and that page says:

"click YES below to register for Reservation Rewards and get your Money-Saving Discounts up to 50%... plus your $10.00 Electronic Gift Voucher for your next purchase at EBgames.com!

Thank You... sign up to claim your rewards!
To thank you for your purchase at EBgames.com today, click YES below to get your $10.00 Electronic Gift Voucher for your next EBgames.com purchase redeemable within 90 days plus sign up for all the money-saving benefits of Reservation Rewards, our premier online travel discounts and protection program!

Get your $10.00 Electronic Gift Voucher for your next EBgames.com purchase redeemable within 90 days just for trying Reservation Rewards plus enjoy all this FREE for the next 30 days...
"

So, I called customer service and the guy on the line told me that the seemingly broken/invalid voucher page might in fact be trying to point to this "affiliate" site and their $10 voucher "offer". Bottom line is I filed a complaint and I should hear back from someone at corporate within 5-7 business days. In the meantime, I'm going to e-mail the webmaster and see if I can get a better answer.

BTW, the guy on the phone was cool, he agreed with me that this looked kind of funny.

They usually only hit you up with the reservation rewards crap AFTER you purchase a game. Otherwise that special $10 offer would show up for every single game. I think it's either legit or a mistake that they'll take down, but I don't think it's the reservation rewards.....

Who's The Twitch Now?]I just called them about this. It's only for new copies said:
This post was only for Xbox. I don't see the offer link on any other system.

[quote name='jshorr']They usually only hit you up with the reservation rewards crap AFTER you purchase a game. Otherwise that special $10 offer would show up for every single game. I think it's either legit or a mistake that they'll take down, but I don't think it's the reservation rewards.....[/quote]

Maybe you're right. But WTF with the broken voucher link?! I'm a webmaster for a small company (brings in over 5 mill a year) and I would get a royal :censored: if I ever let a link like this go broke. It's one thing to have trouble keeping up with content updates (I can sympathize) but quite another to let content ALREADY posted get :censored:-ed.

Man, I hate slacker webmasters. They give me and my hard-workin peeps a bad name.

[quote name='jshorr']
Who's The Twitch Now?]I just called them about this. It's only for new copies said:
This post was only for Xbox. I don't see the offer link on any other system.

Ack, stupid me, I got it confused with the glossy photo thing. Still, they might take pity on me simply because they have NO new copies of the GC version. I'm gonna call back in a little less than an hour, so we'll see.

[quote name='slidecage']i think its an old ad they forgot to take off since its not listed on their rebate page[/quote]

How old could it be? The game was 19.99 up until a few days ago, even for 10 after rebate it would have been a pretty big deal.

I made a pdf of the page so if they pull the link I am going to try to get them to knock $10 off my order. Sometimes EBgames.com is pretty good about stuff like that. One time I purchased Wario World for $20 and the next day it briefly dropped to $10 and then went out of stock. I called up and had them pricematch my order and they knocked it down to 10 no problems.

This morning I got an email from the webmaster saying she didn't know what rebate I was referring to, she obviously clicked on the link I sent her but ignored the email from me that said it was for LOTR: Xbox. Just a little while ago I looked and saw that the special offer is now gone from the page. But being a total cheapass, I called and told them that it was on there, I had a copy of the printout, and that I wanted the order cancelled (not like they'd really care) if the rebate was invalid. I was put on hold and when the guy came back he told me he's sending me a special email with a generic voucher form and that it is noted in my account and approved etc. So I will be getting the game for $5 after voucher. Not too shabby.

Nice. I passed on trying this because I was really tired when I saw your post and didn't want to think about having to fight for the $10 off later on.

[quote name='slidecage']Dont it say while they last

who says you will never get it in 6-8 weeks

it said why supplys last[/quote]

I'm not talking about the bonus photos stuff, there was a "receive $10 rebate" link up yesterday and today which they took down - but I got them to agree to give it to me.

I've never heard of a rebate being while supplies last? If you get the thing the rebate is offered on, you send in your UPC with whatever else they want and get the rebate. Bonus items are generally while supplies last, but not rebates.

Obviously in this case EB could have just apologized for the mistake on their site and cancelled his order, but they chose to go the extra mile and give him the game for the $5.

[quote name='floormat']you said you had a pdf of it ¿? please post it if you would. thank you.[/quote]

I don't really have a place to host it but if you PM me with your email I will gladly send it to you. However, if you didn't order it yesterday while the thing was up, I doubt they'll give it to you. It's possible though.

bread's done
Back