GONE!! Extra EVGA 8800GT for sale. CAGs only.

MuzykMann

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey all. I'm new to the trading/selling on here thing, so if there are some customary bits of info I'm leaving out please feel free to let me know.

Due to a shipping error and two weeks of hounding the online retailer for it, I am now the proud owner of not one, but two EVGA 8800GT video cards. For the price of one, actually. The superclocked, comes with Quake Wars model. For details, see:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130303

I was gonna ebay it, as they're going for anywhere between $275 and $325 sealed. Still, this community has been good to me in the short time I've been here, so I thought I'd offer it up to the CAGs first.

How about it? Anyone interested? How about $225 plus whatever shipping actually costs (none of that handling nonsense. that always bugs me). Item is still sealed from the manufacturer.

No pressure on anyone to buy, but I thought I'd check before it's lost to the mess that is Ebay.

That's a good friggin deal.
I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but I'm just hesitant buying from people with no feedback. Got burned a while back.

[quote name='invinceable104']That's a good friggin deal.
I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but I'm just hesitant buying from people with no feedback. Got burned a while back.[/QUOTE]

oh right. i just noticed that.

Yah, I know. Like I said, I'm new to the community, so I understand that would be a holdup. Not a lot I can do, I'm afraid, as ya gotta start somewhere. I mean, what can a guy do over the internet? Phone call? Address? Pictures of me and the sealed card? I'm not really sure what to do to let people know I'm not gonna take the money and run.

Thanks doc, but I'm afraid I'm all laptopped up here.

I guess, if feedback is gonna be an issue for people, I'd be more than happy to meet up with someone in the area to make a face-to-face trade. I'm in the center of MD, Montgomery County. Just another possibility.

[quote name='MuzykMann']Thanks doc, but I'm afraid I'm all laptopped up here.

I guess, if feedback is gonna be an issue for people, I'd be more than happy to meet up with someone in the area to make a face-to-face trade. I'm in the center of MD, Montgomery County. Just another possibility.[/QUOTE]
That's cool, just thought I would try. Just a suggestion, take a picture of yourself holding the videocard along with a wooden spoon and a roll of toilet paper, I think people would be more willing to trade with you then.:)

Heh, uh, 6 feedback on ebay? All as a buyer? MuzykMann1 there, but somehow I don't see 6 positive feedbacks convincing anyone. Wouldn't convince me.

I've never done online game trading, as I never trade back games. I realize that's not necessarily helpful here, but it's true. I'm racking my brains trying to come up with a way to prove that i'm legit, but I'm struggling. Anyone with any suggestions?

Heh, and if it's gonna make a difference to anyone, I will absolutely take a picture of myself holding the card, a wooden spoon, and a roll of toilet paper. However, not here at work. At home. In 3-4 hours. Because I, quite frankly, am not a proud man :p

I feel this speaks for itself.

1520320656.jpg

[quote name='MuzykMann']I feel this speaks for itself.

1520320656.jpg
[/quote]
hahaha thats great. how good is that card? i was looking getting an 8800GT, and is that SLI-able.

[quote name='Mako1215']hahaha thats great. how good is that card? i was looking getting an 8800GT, and is that SLI-able.[/quote]

I don't wanna throw a sales pitch at you like I'm trying to convince you to buy or anything man, but it's a pretty sweet card. It's burned through everything I've thrown at it. Feel free to browse reviews on the intertubes, as there have been plenty. And yes, its SLI ready.

I will buy this right now if only I can confirm that there will be some way I can use the evga step up program on it. I was going to PM you earlier but didn't want to say i would buy it without knowing for sure if I can use the step up program. Do you have any idea on it?

I'm afraid I know no more than I see on their webpage. I can promise you, however, that the serial on it is unregistered and you're more than welcome to register it under your name. I know the warranty says it needs a print out of the original invoice. Having bought it online, I'd be more than happy to just print out the invoice for you if thats all you need to give em. I don't wanna promise anything on their end, as I have no control over it, but I can promise you that you can register yourself and have access to the invoice if needed.

*shrug* not sure thats EXACTLY what you're lookin for, but I think it covers most bases. Your call, I'm gonna leave it here for CAGs cheap till tomorrow evening. If nobody wants it by then Ill just leave it to the ebay masses.

Ah, thats picture is f'ing hilarious! This is a great card guys, I'd totally buy it if I wasn't so damn cheap.

I say list it on eBay for whatever CAG wants it, then let them pay with Paypal. If issues arise. Paypal will step up and side with the buyer if nothing is received. Yeah, I know that is not fool proof either.

MAKE SURE YOU GET INSURANCE on the package so it is trackable and has PROOF OF DELIVERY like DELIVERY CONFIRMATION, but SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION is best from USPS.

OR

Just have this guy SEND FIRST with the DELIVERY CONFIRMATION and INSURANCE, then the CAG pays when he gets it.

OR

Have the OP send it COD with INSURANCE.

I like this guy already after that somewhat embarassing photo he was willing to post.

Aight, thanks for the interest folks, but I just received a paypal payment, so it's gone. A CAG is now the PROUD owner of One (1) roll of toilet paper and One (1) wooden spoon for the low low price of $225!!!

... :p ok, but yeah, seriously, card has sold, and it's staying in the hands of CAGs. Thanks everyone. Maybe one day I'll have some feedback on here and be considered "officially trustworthy" :)

-M

Where do the hell do these newbies buy these giant spoon from? I rather have the wooden spoon tho and it better come with toilet paper.

[quote name='MuzykMann']Aight, thanks for the interest folks, but I just received a paypal payment, so it's gone. A CAG is now the PROUD owner of One (1) roll of toilet paper and One (1) wooden spoon for the low low price of $225!!!

... :p ok, but yeah, seriously, card has sold, and it's staying in the hands of CAGs. Thanks everyone. Maybe one day I'll have some feedback on here and be considered "officially trustworthy" :)

-M[/QUOTE]
See, I told you people would buy if you took a picture.:) Congrats on the sale.

bread's done
Back