Good 4 player games?

tcrash247

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I'm going on a family vacation for 2 weeks and I have 2 cousins who are into games. What are some awesome 4 player games? Co-op is always good to but I know there aren't that many 4 player co-op games. I already have Red Faction 2, Champions of Norrath, Timesplitters 2, and the latest Smackdown game. And don't mention any sports games, most are 4 player and I know that. I also have a GC, so suggestions are welcome for that too. For GC, I have SSBM and I'll be getting Double Dash soon.

For GC, you should consider Wario Wares. Very fun 4 player game, and fast paced too. Also, the mario party games are always a good addition.

Super Monkey Ball 1&2 are such an awesome GC multiplayer game, you'll have fun for hours on end. And anyone, from the 7 year old to the 70 year old can pick it right up and play.

MarioParty, WarioWare, Zelda: Four Swords, TimeSplitters 2, Smash Bros Melee, Red Faction 2, and MarioKart are all great 4-player fun. Mario Tennis 2 is going to be awesome for four-player when it arrives. Burnout 2 is also very fun multiplayer, especially Crash Mode.

I'm shocked that no one's mentioned it, so I will. One word: TETRIS. Tetris Worlds is the only one on the current systems.

I'd be careful with Tetris Worlds. I personally was horrified by it. But who knows, you might like it. I still don't quite get how they managed to screw up TETRIS. But they did. My memory is fuzzy, because of the extent to which the game sucked.

Confusing menus muddy the experience right off the bat (it took my friends and I about 5 minutes just to figure out how to start a game). Then you get to the game and it just... feels empty. Hard to describe really. But you feel like you're not really interacting with the other players at all; it's kinda like each player is just playing their own game and they just happen to be sharing a screen. Then the real killer is the 2-minute time limit they impose on matches.

Sorry I just had to vent there. Beware of Tetris Worlds! The Next Tetris for PS1 is awesome but it's only for 2 players (and good luck finding it). New Tetris is good if you have N64.

CUBE:
Wario Ware, SSBM, Mario Kart DD, Bomberman Generation/Jetters, Zelda 4 Swords, Godzilla: DAMM, Super Monkey Ball 1&2, Sega Soccer Slam, Star Wars: Clone Wars, and Mario Golf.

I highly recommend all of 'em. Good times indeed.

[quote name='Slipknot9762']baldurs gate is fun for ps2.[/quote]

That's only 2 players...

I'll throw in Beach Spikers (since you can find it on the cheap these days). A so-so single player, but it's still fun to play with four people.

I get to shamelessly plug my favorite current game....CULDCEPT! Not only can you play .vs and co.op , you can all have separate pools of cards that you can trade with each other! It's like a cross between Magic the Gathering and Monopoly. Little to no manual dexterity is required to play, and after playing a game or two, the whole thing makes sense (although it could be confusing for some younger gamers). Lessee what else is good multiplayer fun...Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Hunter the Reckoning, Godzilla Destroy All Monsters (for the cube)...just a few thoughts from the top of my head :D

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee is tons of fun with 4 players. Another game is Metal of Honor: Frontline on the Gamecube, which has 4 player split screen.
And its good to see another fan of kaiju on this site. Welcome daikaiju!

wow i see mostly gc games were mention ^_^ yeaps.. ummm u could do beyblade lol.. Mmm mostly two player games i know.. so someone could play ps2 and the other two play gc.. ? if you all have gba play ffcc final fantasy crystal chronicles..

Gauntlet Dark Legacy is SO addictive and fun in co-op. I'm pretty sure both the Xbox and GC version support four players.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Only 2 of us have GBAs and we'll be playing some Sonic Advance 3 and LOTR:ROTK. I also have Godzilla DAMM, but I'm the only one whos into Godzilla. My cousin has Gaunlet and both Hunters for his Xbox and we beat them last year on our vacation. I'll have to check out Wario Ware, Mario Party, Mario Golf and Beach Spikers.

bread's done
Back