Good $5.50 Movies

bowmanarmy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I know Target and Wal-Mart has these. Which ones are good.

I have gotten and liked:

Waterworld (Wal-mart)
Mercury Rising (Wal-mart)
Enemy at the Gates (Wal-mart)
The Score (Wal-Mart) EDWARD NORTON ROCKS
Last Castle (Target)

HARD TARGET (BEST BUY)

wow that movie is so funny....one of the best drunk with your friends movies ever

All of those that have been listed are pretty good/decent movies. Only one I see that I didn't like much was Waterworld.

Some other ones that I know my Walmart has had in the past are

Rambo II - $5
Rambo III - $5
The Unnameable 2: The Statement of Randolph Carter - $5
Frogs - $5
Killer Klowns - $5
Rush Hour 1 - $5
Rush Hour 2 - $5
Lethal Weapon 2 - $5
Lethal Weapon 3 - $5
Lethal Weapon 4 - $5
The Negotiator - $5
Three Amigos - $5
Medabots 1 (seen at Kmart, not sure about Walmart but I'm sure they have it.) - $5
Frequency - $5
Money Talks - $5
Exit Wounds - $5
Demolition Man - $5
Murder at 1600 - $5
Assassins - $5
Ricochet - $5
Romeo Must Die - $5
Eraser -$5
Godzilla 2000 (or whatever the name is of the American Godzilla in 98 or 2000) - $5
Jackie Chan's First Strike (BB) - $5.99
Basic Instinct - (BB) - $5.99
Enemy at the Gates - Got this one at Walmart, but I don't remember if it was $5 or $5.50
Eye of the Beholder - $5.50 Walmart
Mystery Men - $5.50 Walmart
Airplane II - $5.50 Walmart

I've heard that they also carry The Unnameable 1

I know a lot of these since I usually buy some of these to tide me over for EB B2G1 free sales and the DDD sale.

Edit: Came back and decided to put in prices. Mostly rounded up as all of these are actually $4.88 at Walmart or for similiar prices elsewhere. I've seen the Rambos recently and they were marked up at Walmart for $5.50, as well as a couple others, but when I bought them they were only $5.

Edit2: And for some .99 cent/$1.00/Walmart $1.00 bin love, these are the movies that I would recommend:

Boot Hill
The Call Me Trinity
Trinity Is Still My Name
Farewell To Arms (1930's version)
Night of the Living Dead (seen this only once in the $1 section)
a few other movies that aren't coming to me at the moment that I'll add later.

I picked up Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear at WM. Not as good as the original (which Deep Discount is listing at $5.99 as well), but still dang funny. Hope to nab me the third one here one of these days...

RD

i second, Ravenous its an awesome movie no one has seen. I think there were 6 people in the theater I saw it in opening weekend....

My dad said he saw Army of Darkness in a 5.50 walmart bin once. Which he had bought it/told me about it sooner...

[quote name='Grico']Dark City (best buy) modern sci-fi noir masterpiece[/QUOTE]

Excellent movie. I need to go pick it up now.

[quote name='[email protected]']I picked up Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear at WM. Not as good as the original (which Deep Discount is listing at $5.99 as well), but still dang funny. Hope to nab me the third one here one of these days...

RD[/QUOTE]

I picked up the original Naked Gun from the Walmart $5.50 dump bin.

Between the 3 Walmarts within 20 minutes of me, I've noticed that different Walmart's have different movies in their bin.

[quote name='Grico']My dad said he saw Army of Darkness in a 5.50 walmart bin once. Which he had bought it/told me about it sooner...[/QUOTE]
I picked up army of darkness from the 5.50 bin. Also frailty was in the bin, excellent movie, I highly recommend it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']
Demolition Man - $5
[/QUOTE]

You folks really must love buying me on the cheap. :rofl:

I've picked up so many DVDs cheap tho that I have lost count. I swear at least 25% of my collection is bought from these cheapy bins and cheap CC sales. Not that I'm complaining too much.... ;)

I'd highly recommend The Buddy Holly Story if anyone can still find it in their local Wal-Mart's $5.50 bin. It's a great movie with excellent musical performances in it. I haven't seen it in any of the Wal-Marts near me lately, but you might get lucky and still be able to find a copy.

[quote name='Liontamer']I'd highly recommend The Buddy Holly Story if anyone can still find it in their local Wal-Mart's $5.50 bin. It's a great movie with excellent musical performances in it. I haven't seen it in any of the Wal-Marts near me lately, but you might get lucky and still be able to find a copy.[/QUOTE]

The one with Gary Busey? Oh snap, I've never seen that in the Wal-mart bins.. been meaning to pick it up, too. Loved the movie though, definitely up there for me.

[quote name='red flare graf']The one with Gary Busey? Oh snap, I've never seen that in the Wal-mart bins.. been meaning to pick it up, too. Loved the movie though, definitely up there for me.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's the one. There aren't a lot of extras on the DVD (there's a commentary by Busey and the director and a trailer for La Bamba), but the movie and music in it alone are well worth the $5.50 if you can find it.

[quote name='fieldkillah']I picked up army of darkness from the 5.50 bin. Also frailty was in the bin, excellent movie, I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

I could kill myself for never seeing this. That movie is GREAT.

Great movie "Even Hand" for $5.50 at best buy. It the story of two young cops and what the see on the job from day to day. Excellent film.

Assault on Precinct 13 (1976 John Carpenter version)
Terms of Endearment
Primary Colors
Bugsy
Grand Canyon
Five Easy Pieces (early Jack Nicholson film)
Falcon and the Snowman (Sean Penn cold war thriller)
Dr T and the Women (Richard Gere / Robert Altman comedy)
Set it Off
Poltergeist
Saturday Night Fever
Love Story
Donnie Darko
Blade Runner
Bad News Bears (original version)

My Walmart also has the original Night of the Living Dead for ONE dollar!

[quote name='msdmoney']I third the Ravenous reccomendation, great movie and soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

For a third for this movie than I've definitely gotta go and pick it up. For $5.50-5.99 it shouldn't be too bad. Anybody care to give a summary of what the movie is about?

I've updated my list, but I say that either the OP or a mod should update the original post with a comprehensive list of titles, and maybe to have this topic stickied since I know that we have had one or two threads similiar to this one. It would also be easy to find out what movies stores have.

[quote name='ayolykewhoa']Bulworth is another good 5.50 movie.[/QUOTE]

"Bulworth" is truth too.

GOD I'd love to hear Warren Beatty preach it on AA or Sirius.

bread's done
Back