Good AA battery recharger.

goldvenom69

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am looking for a good AA battery recharger. I am sick of always buying new battery for my wii, 360, tv controllers and also from my wireless mouse and keyboard any one recommend a good recharger and good lasting rechargeable battery brands. thanks in advance.

if you want to get really serious about your rechargeables, get one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Maha-Powerex-...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1302700830&sr=1-2

normal charge, fast charge, discharge, reconditions and will tell you when the rechargeable is dying. as mentioned quick charge is not the best thing to do, especially all the time, but if you are in a bind it won't hurt to do occasionally.

i have about 25-30 rechargeables for all my Rock Band and Xbox gear.

Also recommend the eneloops. And the maha charger is good, another one to look at, slightly less, is the la crosse bc-900 charger.

[quote name='murph17']
normal charge, fast charge, discharge, reconditions and will tell you when the rechargeable is dying. as mentioned quick charge is not the best thing to do, especially all the time, but if you are in a bind it won't hurt to do occasionally.[/QUOTE]

That is true, an occasional quick charge might hurt the lifespan of your battery but you likely wouldn't notice it. If your charger only does quick charge then you're hurting your batteries big time.

That charger is $50? I think I'd rather just have a standard charger and 16 batteries and just be sure to keep them charged!

Sounds like you got what you needed, but one more vote for the Eneloop / Maha charger combination. The Maha charger can be intimidating, but it is not that bad.

You can also get pre-charged Duracell batteries with white tops that are made in Japan, they are effectively re-branded eneloops. I've found these at Target before.

Those quick chargers are not great for the batteries. Even the ones that come with Eneloops are basically junk. If you want a small charger, go with the Sony mentioned earlier. I have the older version of that charger and it is a nice one for when you are on the go. The Maha charger is really too big to lug around.

Caution on the LaCross BC9000 charger, there have been reports of meltdowns and I'm not sure this has been fully addressed yet.

bread's done
Back