Good, cheap car speakers?

Mid Boss

CAGiversary!
It's looking like the rear speakers in my car are crapping out on me and I need to replace them, but I really don't know much of anything about car speakers and what to look for. Any recommendations for some good 6x9's to replace the ones that are dying on me?

They are mid-range in price, but the quality is excellent in my experience: Infinity speakers. I love mine, been sounding great for almost 6 years now.

Thanks for the help. Are there any good deals going on right now for Infinitys? Would this be good price?

Does anyone have some other recommendations?

Make sure you know your mounting depth before you buy. It could limit the choices you have. If you want to go cheap with pretty good sound, look at Audiobahn, Infinity Reference, Pioneer. Great sound, Infinity Kappa, Bose, Polk, Boston Acoustics. You also need to consider what kind of power you are feeding these. If you are just running them off a car stereo look for ones that have a RMS of around 2 - 60.

Am I really going to be able to notice a difference with the higher end speakers if I'm just using the stock system to drive them?

Probably not, really depends on you. On a stock system, try to get a pair with a top RMS of 50 watts. They will sound best. Also, I suggest getting 3-way speakers. You will get an all-around good sound (highs, lows, mids). I would suggest getting a $50 - $60 pair from Crutchfield if you are installing them yourself. That way you get the stock connectors for free. If you are having it done somewhere, just go in and listen to them.

bread's done
Back