Good cheap wireless controller for PS2

I got a pair of Predator wireless controllers (offhand I forget the manufacturer) at Costco for under $50. They're fine, except using the television remote kicks them offline, and I have to unplug and replug the transciever from the console to get it to recognize them. But if I obscure the IR ports on the PS2 (and they're an IR passthrough on each transeiver in case you have an old model PS2)
or turn the console away they seem fine.

[pause]
They don't list the pair online (but might still B&M - stock guy told me they're often radically different inventories) but here's a $20 mini wireless:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=10048528&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=

I got that one for my brother in law and the car never worked. To use the car, you have to screw in an antenna.... at first I was mortified, thought I had got him a horrible wireless controller, with a big telescoping eye-injury hazard attached... but it was just for use with the car, which never worked anyway.

[quote name='soulyogurt']I got that one for my brother in law and the car never worked. To use the car, you have to screw in an antenna.... at first I was mortified, thought I had got him a horrible wireless controller, with a big telescoping eye-injury hazard attached... but it was just for use with the car, which never worked anyway.[/quote]

I've never even tried to use the car, but I got the controller for $14 when it was on sale last winter.

Personally I have the Logitech and think it's pretty much the lesser of two evils when it comes to PS2 wireless controllers.. It's not responsive enough for racing, fighting, FPS, etc.. but it's fine and dandy for slower paced games that dont require fine control. The pad is quasi-comfortable, not like a first-party dual shock, but not making my hands hurt for days afterwards either. It's held up well though.. I've used it enough for all of the paint to wear off of the X, the O and the square.. apparently I don't use triangle much.

The new Logitech model that came out this year is getting outstanding reviews -- besides, CheapyD likes it.

I picked up a Fountech AirStyle amonth ago, which is pretty nice as well. However, as Cornfedwb mentions, they never really replace your standard PS2 controller. Some games just don't play well with the wireless controllers, and I am having a problem with the AirStyle in which the "up" button is way too sensitive. I must say though that the weight of wireless controllers beats the hell out of any wired controller -- they feel more substantial.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Personally I have the Logitech and think it's pretty much the lesser of two evils when it comes to PS2 wireless controllers.. It's not responsive enough for racing, fighting, FPS, etc.. but it's fine and dandy for slower paced games that dont require fine control. The pad is quasi-comfortable, not like a first-party dual shock, but not making my hands hurt for days afterwards either. It's held up well though.. I've used it enough for all of the paint to wear off of the X, the O and the square.. apparently I don't use triangle much.[/quote]

Just wondering but, do you have the newer smaller logitech wireless or the older one?

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='soulyogurt']I got that one for my brother in law and the car never worked. To use the car, you have to screw in an antenna.... at first I was mortified, thought I had got him a horrible wireless controller, with a big telescoping eye-injury hazard attached... but it was just for use with the car, which never worked anyway.[/quote]

I've never even tried to use the car, but I got the controller for $14 when it was on sale last winter.[/quote]

The charge on the car lasts maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute. A cute gimmick, but not really practical.

i got the hip gear wireless controller from frys for $20. Not bad, but they do eat up batteries(like all wireless controllers)

bread's done
Back