Good Comedians?

oracrest

CAGiversary!
Hey, I need some names of some good comedians. thought you guys could help. Im a big fan of Carlin, Bill Hicks, David Cross, Demetri Martin, Lenny Bruce, just to give an idea of what type of comedy Im into (the pissed off bitter kind :) )

THNX!

Steven Lynch.

I'm a sucker for comedy put to music though.
Anyone watching my posts and seeing the songs I make up that creep their way into my posts know that.

Paul Rodriguez, chris fonseca, gabriel iglesias they're all hispanic. If you like George lopez, you will definetly love this. Also, try richard pryor. he's awesome.

[quote name='alpo845']Dude, Dane Cook is a fag. He tries to hard to be funny which makes him not funny.[/quote]

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. I've cracked up watching his stand up many a time. ;)

Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, and if you can stand the sound of his voice, Bobcat Goldthwait. Lewis Black, but somebody already mentioned him.

"In Russia, Cheap Ass Games buy YOU!"

bioImg1.jpg

yakovSmirnoff.gif

[quote name='Renzokuken']Is it just me or is everybody not laughing at the Blue Collar Comedy Hour.[/quote]

Only time I got a laugh outta that show is when they said that one joke about the worst possible thing to happen to a homo is getting lockjaw on Valentines Day. And I wasn't even watching the show, some kid repeated it in class, and the teacher smacked him on the head with a binder for saying it.

Since we're talking about pissed off and bitter, I'd have to go with Sam Kinison. I personally couldn't stand all the screaming, but he did seem pretty mad all the time.

[quote name='CantB76']I'm partial to Norm MacDonald but I haven't heard too much from him lately.[/quote]

Me too, but Norm really has been on the downlow recently.

If you like Demetri Martin you'll easily love Mitch Hedberg. They sound like they came from the same school of comedy (very random humor) and Mitch has been around a little longer and has 2 albums under his belt.

[quote name='Renzokuken']Is it just me or is everybody not laughing at the Blue Collar Comedy Hour.[/quote]

3 of the 4 guys are not funny at all. I find Ron White (the guy with light, spiked hair, always holding a drink, rarely on the TV show) to be absolutely hilarious. Also, he seems to be quite intelligent. Must be why he seems to be distancing himself from the rest.

I agree. Red necks are not funny

sweet, thanks guys, im checking out some of them now.

Yeah, my family was watching the blue collar comedy tour at xmas. the only part i liked was when they went into victorias secret, and heidi klum was there! Demetri martin is good, i saw him the first time this weekend on TV, and laughed my ass off.

[quote name='chrisswiss83']3 of the 4 guys are not funny at all. I find Ron White (the guy with light, spiked hair, always holding a drink, rarely on the TV show) to be absolutely hilarious. Also, he seems to be quite intelligent. Must be why he seems to be distancing himself from the rest.[/quote]

yeah, those guys just seem to re work the same formula over and over:
joke about how fat, stupid, or ignorant someone is, then say the tagline (..you might be a redneck, Here's your sign...)

It should be called the redneck comedy formula tour.

And its kind of dumb how they pretend to be "hard working, blue collar" millionares.

[quote name='chrisswiss83']If you like Demetri Martin you'll easily love Mitch Hedberg. They sound like they came from the same school of comedy (very random humor) and Mitch has been around a little longer and has 2 albums under his belt.

3 of the 4 guys are not funny at all. I find Ron White (the guy with light, spiked hair, always holding a drink, rarely on the TV show) to be absolutely hilarious. Also, he seems to be quite intelligent. Must be why he seems to be distancing himself from the rest.[/quote]

Yeah he has a DVD out "They call me tater salad" and the cover reminds me of some old western. I found it to be pretty damn funny dvd.

[quote name='oracrest'][quote name='chrisswiss83']3 of the 4 guys are not funny at all. I find Ron White (the guy with light, spiked hair, always holding a drink, rarely on the TV show) to be absolutely hilarious. Also, he seems to be quite intelligent. Must be why he seems to be distancing himself from the rest.[/quote]

yeah, those guys just seem to re work the same formula over and over:
joke about how fat, stupid, or ignorant someone is, then say the tagline (..you might be a redneck, Here's your sign...)

It should be called the redneck comedy formula tour.

And its kind of dumb how they pretend to be "hard working, blue collar" millionares.[/quote]

Well I just saw this guy Todd Yohn.....

We had 4 people with us and the place was packed. I have never ever laughed so hard in my entire life. Two of the four people dont really laugh all that much. All of us literally had tears from this guy. We bought his DVD after the show and its good but seeing him in person if Fcuking hilarious.

Heres his site
http://www.toddyohn.com/

Holy shit was he funny. Hes not as big as the people you all mentioned but man.

[quote name='Jrunt20x'][quote name='CantB76']I'm partial to Norm MacDonald but I haven't heard too much from him lately.[/quote]

Me too, but Norm really has been on the downlow recently.[/quote]

He has a third sitcom in development. People tend to disappear when such things consume their lives until some network picks up the pilot.

Dane Cook, Eddie Izzard, Denis Leary, Kevin James, Lewis Black, Dave Chappel, Dave Attel, Chris Rock, Pablo Francisco and Bobcat Goldthwait just to name a few.

bread's done
Back