Good Deals on Amazon's Friday Sale: HL2 CE, SWG JTL, EQ2 CE

Eh, I'd buy it if it came with the expansion pack. I'll wait for the Battle Chest to drop to $19.99.

[quote name='MadFlava']I want to order the Warcraft 3 gift set but I need 5 more dollars to qualify for free shipping any suggestions.[/quote]

Whenever I want free shipping on Amazon.com, I use bathroom stuff to get my order over $25. I buy my shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, floss, and shaving stuff on there. Because bathroom stuff doesn't expire, it doesn't hurt to stock up on it; you're going to use it eventually, right?

Link

It should be mentioned that the HL2 CE does not qualify for free shipping. Still, great price.

BTW, is it a sign of addiction to CoH if one wants to get the DVD version just for the powerslide ability? Must resist.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Derwood43']How do I get free shipping?[/quote]
You need to spend $25.[/quote]

Oh.

HL2:CE does not qualify for the $25 deal. Thanks though. I picked up the regular edition at gogamer for $31 shipped. I heard that if you buy the regular edition, you can download HL1 (new engine), and Counter Strike (new engine) for free.

So basically your paying extra for a t-shirt and mini art book.

[quote name='Derwood43'][quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Derwood43']How do I get free shipping?[/quote]

Oh.

HL2:CE does not qualify for the $25 deal. Thanks though. I picked up the regular edition at gogamer for $31 shipped. I heard that if you buy the regular edition, you can download HL1 (new engine), and Counter Strike (new engine) for free.

So basically your paying extra for a t-shirt and mini art book.[/quote]

I thought you got counterstrike with the regular version, but not Half Life Source.

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='Derwood43'][quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Derwood43']How do I get free shipping?[/quote]

Oh.

So basically your paying extra for a t-shirt and mini art book.[/quote]

I thought you got counterstrike with the regular version, but not Half Life Source.[/quote]

Yeah I'm totally confused about this...I also thought that you only got the source versions if you bought the CE, but one of the reviews on Amazon says you get them with both...does anyone actually know what the differences between the versions are?

New to HL, and want to start from the beginning. So if I pick up the Collector's Edition, I will also get the original updated Half-Life, and not need to buy HL platinum, remastered or whatever to have the full set? But the regular HL 2 won't include the original HL?
Sorry, all these extra "source" and add-on terms are mixing me up.

Thanks in advance.

Yah, can you get Half-Life 1 source for free when you purchase the non-CE Half-Life 2? Also, does anybody know if Day of Defeat source is going to be free or do you have to purchase the silver package on Steams website?

Nope, you don't get HL:S for free with the regular version. In fact, you aren't even given the option to purchase it.

Although the DVD edition comes with HL:S, I don't believe it comes with Opposing Force, Blue Shift, or any of the other games in the Platinum pack. Can anyone confirm this?

If you're really set on playing Valve's entire back catalog, then you'll want to grab the Silver pack off their site.

A word of warning, though: HL:S might not be what you're expecting. With the exception of water and some other minor differences, almost all of the game looks the same.

I wonder if you can use the HL expansions with HL:S. Probably not.

It doesn't even come with the updated models from Blue Shift, which annoys me.

[quote name='bdw418']A word of warning, though: HL:S might not be what you're expecting. With the exception of water and some other minor differences, almost all of the game looks the same.[/quote]

Hmmm I have heard this. So is everything but the water (player models, buildings/graphics) not updated? I never played the original so I was thinking of getting the collector's edition.

Yep, msd, it looks like only the water and physics are updated.

See this article for Gamespy's take on the game.

The game we're all imagining is probably closer to Black Mesa: Source, though I can't bring up their site. It's suspended.

And to answer your question, hollow, DoD: S won't be available to bronze owners or even people who buy this DVD edition. Looks like you've got to buy silver or gold.

Wow, I'm honored that my post this morning made the front page - not that these deals were real hard to find, guess I just found them first :)

[quote name='MadFlava']I want to order the Warcraft 3 gift set but I need 5 more dollars to qualify for free shipping any suggestions.[/quote]

Here's an interesting site that finds filler items for Amazon.com: http://www.filleritem.com/

With $5 left to spend, you should probably search around. However, this site is great when you only need something < 50 cents to get free shipping.

Yeah, it was $49.99 when I got here :(. Oh well, I ordered it last night from Gogamer.com.
Thanks for the good Collector's Ed. info guys!

bread's done
Back