Good deals on The Slammin' Salmon blu-ray

jasaun3

CAG Veteran
Amazon and Best Buy have it for $14.99, which is $5 cheaper than the standard DVD versions.

Didn't have high expectations for the film, given that there wasn't much hype for it, at least that I saw, but I quite enjoyed it. A pretty solid comedy that I highly recommend to any Broken Lizard fan.

[quote name='DestroVega']i heard it was horrendous. i'd still netflix it and give it a chance.[/QUOTE]

I didn't like it at first, but in the end I really enjoyed it.

[quote name='DestroVega']i heard it was horrendous. i'd still netflix it and give it a chance.[/QUOTE]

I really liked it. I think it was at least as good as Super Troopers.

Apparently Heffernan directed it so that is why it is better than Club Dread or Puddle Cruiser which was done by Chandrasekhar. Although he did direct Beerfest and Super Troopers I think.

[quote name='rockstarnati']I didn't like it at first, but in the end I really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

About sums up my feeling son the movie too. About 20 minutes in you're laughing and it doesn't stop until the end. Not as good as Super Troopers but still funny. Looked good on Blu-ray too.

Michael Duncan Clark kinda made that movie for me.... everything he'd say would have everyone in hysterics.

[quote name='entaius']Michael Duncan Clark kinda made that movie for me.... everything he'd say would have everyone in hysterics.[/QUOTE]

this. he was freaking amazing in this movie.

i havent seen the last 2 movies, i do like Super Troopers, and Beerfest is my favorite (it often goes on when im w/ my friends drinking copious amounts of beer)

i think "Waiting" is a better restaurant/waiter movie, but this did make me laugh. i'll wait till the BD is

[quote name='dmdragon']I really liked it. I think it was at least as good as Super Troopers.

Apparently Heffernan directed it so that is why it is better than Club Dread or Puddle Cruiser which was done by Chandrasekhar. Although he did direct Beerfest and Super Troopers I think.[/QUOTE]

what? as good as super troopers? that's insane! I haven't seen puddle cruiser but slammin was easily their worst movie out of the big 3, i enjoyed Club Dread a lot more than this, and Super is a classic, every scene has a line that you can quote.

Out of the totem pole of Broken Lizard movies, I'd rank it around Club Dread. The totem pole would be:

1. Super Troopers
2. Beerfest
3. Club Dread
4. Puddle Cruiser

So it would be 3 or 4. I found it moderately amusing.

I just watched this last night, and so did my buddy (separately) we both agreed that this is the sh*t. There were about 5 laugh out loud moments. and not one of you guys has mentioned that the lovely Olivia Munn is in here showing off her acting chops (which aren't that bad)

just do yourself a favor and don't hold it to any other Broken Lizard films and you will enjoy it. If you sit down thinking, "this better be the best one yet!" its not going to work out that way. Its just strandard thoroughfare for them, really funny stuff. If that BD is still $15 at BB I'm definitely buying it.

edit: and postulio - GTFO w/ Waiting, that was an abortion of a movie not worth even comparing to this. This film actually had "production value"

I picked up the blu @ BB a few weeks back, and I love it. It's no Super Troopers or Beerfest, but it's damn funny. They actually take a lot of shots at themselves in this script.

Jay and his multiple personalities was hilarious, Duncan was awesome, and it was a tight little script, even if predictable. It wasn't as wild as previous films of theirs. but you've gotta realize this is a different type of story than their previous attempts. This story takes place in the span of one night, where all the other movies are over longer time periods, so there can be more hijinks.

bread's done
Back