Good DS Game Cart Storage Cases?

For $5 you can go to Circuit City and get these thin plastic cases that hold 3 games each. You get a pack of 3, so five bucks buys you storage for 9 games.

I likes 'em anyway.

I think import sites sell similar things that hold 6 games, but I'd rather just get them B&M for cheap.

Best Buy has 'em too.

Edit: Giygas is mentioning the same thing I am.

I bought this for a friend...
B000E7F8VK.01-A3SKJE188CW5XG._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E7F8VK/qid=1148437121/sr=8-4/ref=sr_1_4/102-2343149-9981704?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=284507
Which works perfectly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought this for myself...
DS-NDSAirFormRed.jpg

http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?nav=over&category=276&

This is an awesome case although the accesory/GBA game net doesn't hold things down so if you flip open the case games can fly right out the top. Gotta be careful.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also bought this if I didn't need the bigger case...
DS-DoubleGameCaseKeyChain.jpg

It works ok... It won't stay closed as tight with two games and both silcon-rubber inserts but if you take one out then it closes better but doesn't lock securly. I don't use it anymore.

You can find it on ebay.

Hmm. Maybe I should consider buying some of these cases. Seem easier to keep track of than an Altoids tin.

I'm going to Europe in a little more than a week, and would hate to misplace my games. :[

I use one of my old Gamecube game cases:

PC.ALS.NGC1.CN.JPG

I keep all my carts in the mesh pocket and generally mash my headphones and GB cover inside :bouncy:. On another note, the cases are great for PSP UMDs though...

[quote name='replicashooter']
On another note, the cases are great for PSP UMDs though...[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't even think about that.

The next time Circuit City has them on sale 50% off, I'll be sure to pick up a few purely for UMD storage alone.

Damn, I was looking for one of those ^ but one that was 2-3 games deep. Like instead of holding 3 games, it held 6 or 9. I know it comes with three, but I'd rather one big one personally. Oh well.

I'm looking for that ataches to the spot in the DS where the wrist strap normally is and is like a keychain that is mutiple cartridge slot you can put DS games in.

I once saw a GBA cart sized thing that you could place inside the DS, and it held 2 DS games.

So theoretically you could be sporting 3 games on you at all times.

I am too lazy to track it down on Play-Asia or Yes-Asia or NCSX or Lik-sang, wherever the hell it is...

Somewhat off topic, does it bug anyone else that there's not more storage/travelling solutions for Nintendo stuff? Gamecube cases alone are a bitch enough to find. True, there are the 12 disc ones, but I want like a 128 disc case to hold ALL of them. You can't get by with a full sized one.

I guess I figured Nintendo would have more viable solutions for that sort of thing...same with DS cases. WE've only got like 2-3 choices in the states, and elsewhere there are troves of alternatives...

I have these:

PA.28863.001.jpg

They look like lighter cases and hold two games each. Pretty awesome looking.

I also have these, which are good for single games:
PA.23317.001.jpg

Very sturdy, and decently priced.

As for makeshift containers, I'd be careful about putting game cards into any container made of conductive metal.

[quote name='nakedsushi'] if you have the cover open and someone bumps you, all your games can jump out RIGHT INTO YOUR FACE and blind you.[/QUOTE]
I use this technique at night, when the ninjas are after my George Foreman Grill. Without this case I could never have bacon in the morning.

What I really want are keychain cases, for either a single cart or double, that slide and lock in the same way you insert a game into your ds. I know that it's possible, because I have a case for my camera's cards that works in exactly the same fashion. It's a hard thin piece of plastic, with a slot into which you can push and lock your game into, and to remove it, you push again. These things NEVER fall out. And it's easier to retrieve your game - just push. And I want it on my keychain, because a keychain is easily accessible and I never lose my keys. And it would be easy as hell to flip through them. And very portable, very easy to move around. The only way it would get unwieldly is if you had like 20 games. I can imagine up to 15 being just fine on a keychain.

I don't anicipate having too many games. I am not made of money.

[quote name='Chrissi']What I really want are keychain cases, for either a single cart or double, that slide and lock in the same way you insert a game into your ds. I know that it's possible, because I have a case for my camera's cards that works in exactly the same fashion. It's a hard thin piece of plastic, with a slot into which you can push and lock your game into, and to remove it, you push again. These things NEVER fall out. And it's easier to retrieve your game - just push. And I want it on my keychain, because a keychain is easily accessible and I never lose my keys. And it would be easy as hell to flip through them. And very portable, very easy to move around. The only way it would get unwieldly is if you had like 20 games. I can imagine up to 15 being just fine on a keychain.

I don't anicipate having too many games. I am not made of money.[/QUOTE]

that would be cool.. but i like the 6 in one snap cases thats pretty cool.. i have the only holds 3 that we got from CC.. (as me and the girlfriend each have DSes and we needed a way to tell apart our duplicates.) ..

as for games.. DS games are so so cheap compared to console games that i can see my collection eventually outgrowing my other collections.. (granted i had a lot of gameboy/gba games to begin with) but they are easier to collect as they are usually not in demand as much and new games are never more then 35 bucks.

[quote name='Gameboy415']These are my fav cases. Each holds 6 games and the games SNAP into place.
I've got 8 of these full so far and I need another!

DSCases.jpg
[/quote]

Damn, where do you buy those and how much do they cost? That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Someone - either in this thread or another thread - mentioned the nintendo power mint tin as a good ds cart case - and it was said to be at Hot Topic for like 5 or 6 bux - well I never actually made it to Hot Topic haha but today I was in World Market (sometimes called Cost Plus) and noticed them for 2.99. Here is a little article about them:

http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archive...l_keep_your_nintendo_ds_games_minty_fresh.php

Just figured I'd let anybody know that had a World Market store around that they should have them at 2.99.

[quote name='bordjon']Someone - either in this thread or another thread - mentioned the nintendo power mint tin as a good ds cart case - and it was said to be at Hot Topic for like 5 or 6 bux - well I never actually made it to Hot Topic haha but today I was in World Market (sometimes called Cost Plus) and noticed them for 2.99. Here is a little article about them:

http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/jake_the_nintendo_power_mint_tin_will_keep_your_nintendo_ds_games_minty_fresh.php

Just figured I'd let anybody know that had a World Market store around that they should have them at 2.99.[/quote]

I just picked up one of these at a Spencer's for 3.99. It can hold 12 games fine and snaps shut nicely, almost a little bit too tightly, requiring both hands to open it. The mints are chalky and don't have too much flavor, but are definitely edible.

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']
case.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that idea. I think I have a few of those in my old school Game Boy case I can now repurpose.

I'd like to order the ALS cases from Best Buy for in-store pick-up but my local store has been OOS for over a week now.

I don't know why there isn't a DS case sized game holder with compartments for games. I'd think you could store 18 games in a case that size pretty easily - 9 on each wing. It could probably even be made quite a bit thinner than a normal DS case. There's something like that available through NOJ, and I'd love to be able to buy one for $5 or so in store. Or a DVD case sized holder that can store even more.

[quote name='Gameboy415']These are my fav cases. Each holds 6 games and the games SNAP into place.
I've got 8 of these full so far and I need another!

DSCases.jpg
[/quote]

Do you know any websites that have those? I have the 3 pack, but the games don't lock in and those look really nice.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I use this technique at night, when the ninjas are after my George Foreman Grill. Without this case I could never have bacon in the morning.[/QUOTE]
one of these days CouRageouS... one of these days...

and that game boy case idea is slick as hell. I was going to suggest the Smints case, but thats awesome

[quote name='espy605']I have these:

PA.28863.001.jpg

They look like lighter cases and hold two games each. Pretty awesome looking.[/quote]
Where can I get this?

What is wrong with the original game cases? I think that DS game cases are the best for any game system EVER. Youc an even hold GBA games in them. Plus they looks great stacked on a bookshelf or desk or nightstand. They hold the instructions - you do not lose them like all of your GBA games.

THIS I have to say looks like a great DS game case. Thats not my picture, but i bought one of these at Urban Outfiters for 5 bucks. The mints are OK and altoid like, but the tin is AWESOME!

bread's done
Back