Good DS racing games?

clumsychu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hi guys, lately ive been wanting to play racing games, and i was wondering what racing games you guys would recommend; besides mario kart and diddy kong racing whats good?

I don't know from experience but gamespot has Need for Speed Carbon: Own he City as their 2nd best racing ds game (behind mario kart...of course) and after that is Asphault: Urban GT 2 if your interested

[quote name='naes']Mario Kart and Diddy Kong.[/quote]

Besides those two.

How about Wave Race DS?

*goes back to dreaming*

Someone already mentioned Urban Asphalt but other than that I got nothing. You could try Ridge Racer but I didn't think it was all too great.

[quote name='dcfox']Someone already mentioned Urban Asphalt but other than that I got nothing. You could try Ridge Racer but I didn't think it was all too great.[/quote]

Ridge Racer DS was absolutely terrible...please do NOT buy it, please!

I have a copy of Ridge Racer DS that I've yet to open. It got decent reviews, not great. I found a copy at TRU on clearance for $5 and picked it up along with Harvest Moon: Magical Melody using a $5 off $25 coupon. So, it was basically free...for the price, it can't be bad.

They need to make a Wave Race for the DS.

[quote name='rlse9']I have a copy of Ridge Racer DS that I've yet to open. It got decent reviews, not great. I found a copy at TRU on clearance for $5 and picked it up along with Harvest Moon: Magical Melody using a $5 off $25 coupon. So, it was basically free...for the price, it can't be bad.

They need to make a Wave Race for the DS.[/quote]

Don't even bother opening it...just sell it to some sucker on eBay :lol:

hmm well lets see ....

*whispers to self* umm www.gamerankings.com... darn not working for me now, fine www.gamespot.com. Uhhh....I click DS games I guess, top rankings, DS platform, all time....wow look at all this crap! I'd never waste my money on any racers for the DS other than mario kart and diddy kong racing, even though DKR got a score in the 6's from gamespot. Hmm well, anyways I'll post the next top three racing titles scored by gamespot...I guess I'll say that NFS: Own that city was 2nd with a score of 7.6, Asphalt: Urban GT 2 was 3rd at 7.5, and NFS: Underground 2 was last at 7.2. Wow pretty bad DS racing scores...but at least I have mario kart. */whisper*

.....uhh crap forgot what I was gonna say...my bad :(

I'm not aware of anything beyond those two. If you really want portable racers past those, get a PSP if you don't have one. Ridge Racer is excellent, Crash Tag Team Racing is supposed to be good. There are some more technical driving games that I ignore but that got good reviews if you like that sort of thing. And of course most of the series that exist on the big consoles and PC are actually good on the PSP (not butchered ports with the license slapped on like the DS versions).

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.htm...e=all&sort=post_date&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc

Ridge Racer for the PSP was godly, I'm not going to lie...

Too bad it was pretty much the only PSP game worth playing when I actually had the system :)

The PSP's got a good library now. It just went through the same drought the DS had. We have an embarrassment of riches with our handheld games now! 10+ years ago the GB was dying, not we've got TWO successful platforms :) (Although ironically now I don't need handhelds as much as I used to).

[quote name='hootie']Don't even bother opening it...just sell it to some sucker on eBay :lol:[/quote]
I enjoyed Ridge Racer DS

Am I the only one? :cry:

Fond memories since it was my first DS game.

----

Also Asphalt Urban isn't that bad of a game, it's pretty good, but Asphalt Urban 2 is even better.

uhh i dont think there is a good racing game beyond Mario Kart and Diddy kong for the DS. yeah i will third Asphalt as the only other decent racing game on DS...

[quote name='4tygames']I enjoyed Ridge Racer DS

Am I the only one? :cry:

Fond memories since it was my first DS game.[/quote]

Err...part of it is probably that there's Ridge Racer on the PSP that came out just a few months later. At the time of it's release it was the best game in the series (and the best looking), and then there's Ridge Racer DS, which is a screwed up port of a game that wasn't even made by Namco to begin with. So probably hard for people to appreciate it given that.

[quote name='q 3']Racing Gears Advance (GBA) is pretty fun, though it's done in isometric perspective.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've heard good things about that. Good reviews.

Another one I forgot to mention Rock & Roll Racing on the GBA. It's a port of a really fun SNES/Genesis game. It's isometric too, and maybe not exactly a racing game, but it's fun. It's sort of like RC Pro Am.

And...I don't know if the second GBA F-Zero game was any good? That's pretty cheap if you can find it, but I didn't like the first GBA game (the original F-Zero on the SNES is still the only one I truly loved).

Ironically there probably ARE a handful of other good racing games on the DS...only they're GBA games :) If you're a huge fan of the genre though I'd add a PSP to your stable (or definitely look at it's racers instead if you already have one).

bread's done
Back