Good DS RPG

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Ok So I bought a DS for pokemon and mario. i am heading on vacation and ill have plenty of time between car trips and flight. looking for some great games to play during that period. One type of game i have in mind is a form of RPG. Is their a game were i can run around kill shit, take shit, sell shit, lvl up. Really i need great game that can take up a good chunk of time.

For your sh*t fix, if you got a DS Lite, try finding used copies of the GBA Lord of The Rings games The Two Towers and Return of The King. They are essentially Diablo lite clones. Both of these games will set you back less than $10 total.

Lots of great RPGs on DS, here is a list of some of them:

Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest IX
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Nostalgia
Radiant Historia

Personally my favorite games on DS are the Ace Attorney series. Might not be for everyone but the games are incredible.

Flash demos of the last two games in the series released in the US:
http://www.destructoid.com/play-the-ace-attorney-apollo-justice-demo-online--65132.phtml
http://ace-attorney.com/aaime/

The beginning of the games aren't nearly as good as the rest since they are just meant to introduce you to the game. But you can get an idea if you might like a game like this.

[quote name='bob_793'] Is their a game were i can run around kill shit, take shit, sell shit, lvl up. [/QUOTE]
The world ends with you

[quote name='bob_793'] Really i need great game that can take up a good chunk of time.[/QUOTE]
Lengthy RPGS:
suikoden tierkreis
disgaea
radiant historia
shin megami tensei: devil survivor
FF tactics A2

The DS has many, many RPG's, I don't think you will be let down by the selection out there.

Might I also recommend the Digimon World games, look for Dark, Dawn and the original Digimon World which might be a bit hard to find these days. But these are awesome games, they improve on the Pokemon formula by letting your digimon raise themselves while you are playing on a farm. Its really quite awesome, since your mon's aren't just sitting in a box doing nothing.

Radiant Historia might very well the best RPG I've played this generation and it's pushing into my top ten best RPGs list.

Chrono Trigger is my favorite RPG ever and definitely recommended too (though I prefer the original SNES version).

I'd recommend Radiant Historia even though I got stuck in it and sold it. Great game - I'll probably re-buy it at some point when I see a deal.

Be careful on Final Fantasy IV - if you're a newcomer to RPGs, I'd stay away. I've beaten the game 25 different times across various platforms, and it's VERY difficult. Granted, the ones we've gotten up until the GBA ports have been easy, but still.. Probably one of the hardest RPGs I've ever played outside of the Shin Megumi Tensi games.

[quote name='bob_793']Ok Is their a game were i can run around kill shit, take shit, sell shit, lvl up..[/QUOTE]

You might want to try the Etrian Odyssey series or Shin Megami Tensei, Strange Journey.

Also rogue-likes might suit you as well, such as Shiren the Wanderer or Izuna.

[quote name='2DMention']I'd recommend Radiant Historia even though I got stuck in it and sold it. Great game - I'll probably re-buy it at some point when I see a deal.

Be careful on Final Fantasy IV - if you're a newcomer to RPGs, I'd stay away. I've beaten the game 25 different times across various platforms, and it's VERY difficult. Granted, the ones we've gotten up until the GBA ports have been easy, but still.. Probably one of the hardest RPGs I've ever played outside of the Shin Megumi Tensi games.[/QUOTE]

Still not as hard and unforgiving as FF3 is on the DS though. That's the one I'd personally stay away from.

Also, if you like Puzzle games, I can't recommend Picross 3D enough. You can lose yourself for hours in that game.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Still not as hard and unforgiving as FF3 is on the DS though. That's the one I'd personally stay away from.
[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more... it's probably one of my least favorite FFs with difficulty being the biggest reason. It was mainly with the dungeon bosses, who were extremely overpowered and rarely was there a save point before the boss. Plus the characters, story, and music were pretty bland and forgettable. I honestly don't get why the game gets so much praise.

FFIV wasn't as difficult but even if it was, it wouldn't have been as unbearable because the story and characters (along with everything else) are so damn engrossing.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']The world ends with you
[/QUOTE]

Excellent game - I highly recommend it to anyone with a DS who likes action RPGs.

Dragon Quest 9 would be a solid RPGey-grindey-itemfindey game for a trip as well.

FIRE EMBLEM DS!!!!!
Chrono Trigger and FF4 are excellent too..
Although, the DS Lite is bc w/GBA. There are great GBC RPGs, FF: Dawn of Souls and FF4,5,6 advance.M+L: SS, F.E:S.S.

Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest VI
Bowzer's Inside Story (If you enjoyed Paper Mario,or Superstar Saga)
Final Fantasy IV

Trying really hard to decide if I should sell my ds or keep it and buy all the games everyone has mentioned here.

I'm not sure why I keep swinging between such great extremes but I feel like I need to play my ds or ditch it.

bread's done
Back