Good games for my girlfriend?

CyReN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
My gf just started getting in Xbox 360 gaming, she loves the new Sonic All Star Racing. She likes family/non violent games like Kingdom Hearts and "cartoony" games. What are some great games that are also around bargain bin prices? The only thing I can think of is maybe Kameo at the moment..

Any suggestions please?:)

Thanks.

My gf loves Rock Band, Castle Crashers, Prince of Persia, and Katamari. Also, pretty much any game with local co-op.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife likes Rock Band and the Scene It games. She is also a fan of the puzzle games on XBLA like Puzzle Fighter, Puzzle Quest and Jewel Quest.

I personally think the Lego games are lame, I've tried them and they just don't do it for me so I never got into them. Sometimes my wife can get into watching a game, Fable II was one she was interested in for a while.

Scene It (the first two, not the third - unless you play it first, because it's a step backwards)

Peggle
Spolsion Man (might be challenging, but still great)
Banjo Kazooie
Hexic HD
Lego Series
Fable 2 (a bit violent)

Zuma (My wife gets horribly addicted to this for months at a time, then stops it for a while)
Ms. Pac Man
Pac Man Championship Edition
Uno

I was just about to mention Tales of Vesperia. I think if a girl would play a JRPG, she would cry and have amazing sex with you afterwards. Just my thoughts.

My girlfriend is absorbed in Peggle right now. Arcade games are always a good choice.

Peggle
PB Winterbottom
Castle Crashers
Lucidity

She also sunk twice as many hours into Dragons Age than I did.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']I was just about to mention Tales of Vesperia. I think if a girl would play a JRPG, she would cry and have amazing sex with you afterwards. Just my thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Why is that? JRPG heroes are pretty girly. Your GF will just leave you for your sister! ;)

I'm sorry, but I think some of your are a bit delusional if you think the average girl is gonna be into things like Dragon Age or Vesperia. Gamer girls, yes. But this guy said his girlfriend was just getting into gaming.

I know my wife personally loves the LEGO games, so here's another vote for those.
Also, I think Sega Superstar Tennis would be a good, cheap game she might like. Also, as it was said, arcade games like Pac-Man or Uno would be good.

Can't go wrong with the Lego games.
Too bad their aren't any co-op games like Baldurs Gate on the Xbox for 360, but that could be one you could get her on later on. I find girls prefer co-op over the total competitive games most guys like.

[quote name='myl0r']I'm sorry, but I think some of your are a bit delusional if you think the average girl is gonna be into things like Dragon Age or Vesperia. Gamer girls, yes. But this guy said his girlfriend was just getting into gaming.[/QUOTE]

Well, he said she was just getting into Xbox 360 gaming, which may simply mean that she's a gamer who bought a new system.

One thing I've learned from my non-gamer gf is not to assume that there are certain games she wouldn't want to play. I've learned to show and explain every game I own 'cause I never know what might stick. I find myself surprised sometimes to find out that, say, she would rather play Marvel vs. Capcom 2 than Peggle. Or that she found splicers in Bioshock to be too scary and yet she can fend off the Flood just fine in Halo. Or that she'd choose Gears of War over Super Mario Galaxy. Go figure.

My wife and I play NHL 10 a lot together online. Also played a lot of Madden and NBA Live together.

We put hours and hours into Castle Crashers and leveled up a character each to level 99, and we recently downloaded TMNT for 50% off. That was a good hour or so.

Basically anything that has offline coop will work. She doesn't tend to play games on her own. Keep that in mind. We even played GOW2 and COD: WAW coop for a bit and she usually gets headaches after an hour with FPS's.

bread's done
Back