Good games for seniors?

gossamer

CAGiversary!
So my 70+ year old grandma finally retired earlier this year and got a Wii to try and keep her busy. She is bored with the couple games she has and wants to try some other ones. Any suggestions for simple, not too punishing games that might work? In general, role playing, fighting, and complicated puzzle games won't work for her. Retail or download, doesn't matter. I'm thinking maybe a Lego game if I can figure out which one she'd like the most, but any other ideas would be helpful.

Wii Sports, if she didn't get one with her Wii already.

You might remember a few years ago when news sites were publishing tons of articles about retirement homes starting Wii Sports bowling leagues. :p

I think the Lego games are only fun if you like the movies associated with them. So, if she likes Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, etc., she might enjoy a Lego game.

If she would like a really easy platformer, check out Kirby's Epic Yarn.

I think that Airport Mania and Flight Control (both on Wiiware) are fairly simple to understand. If she likes going for high scores, she might like games like Link's Crossbow Training, Carnival King (Wiiware) and Wild West Guns (Wiiware).

Exactly Lego game lover will get amuse after seeing the movie. Like Harry porters spelling and Magical power will make the gamer intention and enthusiasm after watching the Harry porter series.like Most wanted Black edition with addition of movie clip enhance the Most wanted lover to give the feels of Most wanted

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check them out and see how I can get the most for the least money. I don't know how I could forget Wii Sports. I clean a senior center and they have a big poster that says "Do you need Wii-hab?". Unfortunately, I never see the employees to ask what games are popular there.

Wii Sports
Wii Play
Wii Music (menus might be confusing)
Dr. Mario Rx (WiiWare)
Cate West: The Vanishing Files

I haven't played it yet but Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident might be a good option.

Mystery Case Files games require very good eyesight... I had trouble with them. I'd second the game shows, and Kirby's Epic Yarn is a cute game where you can't lose/die so she might like that.

Don't forget about Wii Sports Resort, it was a very solid followup to Wii Sports. I'd second Kirby's Epic Yarn as well, really cool style that anyone can appreciate and easy enough for non-gamers to have fun with. If she likes golf, the Tiger Woods games provide a fun, pretty straight forward experience. Maybe Animal Crossing?

I will second / third / ninth the following games:

Animal Crossing: City Folk (definitely this one)
Wii Sports / Resort
Wheel of Fortune
Jeopardy
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Games I would add:

Endless Ocean (the original or Blue World, both very simple, non stressing games)

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (much more fun if she has people to regularly play with)

Order Up! (probably one of the best cooking sims, even moreso than Cooking Mama)

Boom Blox / Bash Party (could be physically demanding since you make a ton of throwing motions, but not any worse than Wii Sports. Excellent for local multiplayer if she has the option)

Fluidity (excellent Puzzle / Platformer WiiWare title with intuitive tilt commands)

Mercury Meltdown Revolution (another easy to control game, very cheap used)

Wii Party (tons of play modes, but only really fun if she has a least one other person to play with consistently)

Thanks all. For now I got her Lego Pirates and Epic Yarn. I'll keep a list of the rest for when she gets bored with those.

bread's done
Back