Good Gaming TV (<$250)?

Tybalt Flux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Pretty much what the title says. I'm looking for a good gaming television for under $250 (hopefully HDTV capable, your usual stuff capable of running PS3/30 nicely).

Any thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time ;D.

Bestbuy often has sales on (26"z) up to 1080i resolution for that price (insignia and dynex mostly) but the good thing is you cant tell the difference between 1080p and 1080i unless its bigger than 32''

Ever consider a monitor? Not quite as nice, but my 25" PC monitor has 2 HDMI and 1 VGA port, and has speakers. I run my PC, 360, and cable box into it all for HD use. The speakers are shitty and quiet, but for $200 its a cheaper solution than a TV.

[quote name='xdl']Ever consider a monitor? Not quite as nice, but my 25" PC monitor has 2 HDMI and 1 VGA port, and has speakers. I run my PC, 360, and cable box into it all for HD use. The speakers are shitty and quiet, but for $200 its a cheaper solution than a TV.[/QUOTE]

I agree, consider getting a monitor even if the speakers arent great since you can always get headphones. However, stay away from Vizio..they are the worst TVs out there.

I'm going to be picking up an Asus 22" monitor from newegg in a couple weeks. 1920x1080 resolution with hdmi for my ps3 and dvi for my PC. After tax and shipping to CA it should be about $180.

I'm running my PS3 on a 1680x1050 22" monitor at 720p and it looks excellent, so if you want something cheaper, you can get a good monitor for around $120.

Also, I don't recommend using any built in speakers. I have my PC speakers hooked up through the AV cable.

bread's done
Back