Good GBA SP game for 9-year old?

billg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Greetings. My nephew's 9th birthday is coming up, and I would like to get him a videogame. He religiously plays his GBA SP now that school is out, but since I've never had one, I'm unsure what would be a good game to get him. Recommendations welcome. What game(old or new) couldn't your young whatever put down for his Gameboy?

Thanks in advance(SP).

Do you know what games he got? Kids hate to receive games they already own. But I'll throw out some suggestions: All Mario games, Wario games, The Legend of Zeldas, Metroids, Kirbys, Pokemons, Donkey Kong Countries, Sonics... I probably won't get him hardcore RPGs yet until a couple of years later.

Most GBA games are made for that age group. I liked RPGs when I was 9 years old. Besides Pokemon is an RPG when you think about it. But it sounds like you could buy him anything and he'd be happy. Just make sure he doesn't own it already.

I'll also add Mega Man games to the list. But right now I'm playing Tales of Phantasia and I'm loving it.

I think he will like Super Mario Bros 3. -- You'll be doing him a favor by introducing him to NES classic. -- Gotta keep the retro alive man! :)

My 9-yr-old nephew likes Pokemon. He also likes Yoshi's Island. He gave AstroBoy a try and liked it but got frustrated with the boss battles, but then he always seems to get frustrated by boss battles in his PS2 games as well.

[quote name='Vegan']Drill Dozer.[/quote]
Seconded. That's the game I'm currently playing at the moment as well :) (I'm a tad bit older than 9...x3...)

If you can still find it at Best Buy, it's only $9.99. Most younger kids don't know about it since it's not licensed, but it's one of the best newer releases on GBA and has a nice rumble feature to boot.

bread's done
Back