Good karaoke game?

prisonerac

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
My mother's birthday is coming up and she is interested in some kind of karaoke game. I talked her into buying a Xbox 360 a long time ago and she never uses it now. I thought I would pick up a game for her birthday and see if she enjoys that.

So, I am specifically looking for a singing game with music that she would like. Classic rock, or softer songers 60s- early 90s stuff works. I am not sure if you can play rockband with just a mic I was thinking that or Karaoke Revolution. I could use opinions because I have not bought a music game since amplitude and Guitar Hero on PS2. Also where can I get a decent mic for the game too, any deals et cetera...

Thank you to anyone who responds. I could use the input.

A couple options for you:

I really recommend Lips since it comes with the two wireless mics and supports two singers. This game is more focused on karaoke. Also, the DLC library is decent and growing every week. The sequel Lips: Number One Hits comes out at the end of the month and the DLC will work between games.

You can play Rock Band 2 with just a controller and mic. With the recent update, Rock Band 2 will support the wireless mics from Lips. Rock Band has the advantage of a much larger library, but the songs are more band-oriented and you're limited to one singer.

Thanks, I had never heard of lips before sounds more like what I am looking for, I will see if I can find a good deal for it.

[quote name='prisonerac']Thanks, I had never heard of lips before sounds more like what I am looking for, I will see if I can find a good deal for it.[/QUOTE]

I've seen the Spanish language version of lips on clearance at Best Buy for about $30. It could be a great way to have fun with karaoke and learn a new language!

[quote name='Ronin317']I've gotta know...how did you talk her into buying a 360?[/QUOTE]

She is very tech oriented and likes interesting devices, but she isn't in to video games despite my trying to convince her of how great they are. At the time though she wanted an HD player and there was a great sale at ToysRus. I forget how much it came out to, but it was around $200 - $250 for the Xbox 360, HD-Dvd Player, 5 HD Dvds, and Lego Star Wars (After Rebates, and the Special free HD Dvd mail in program). I talked her into it and put some money down as a Christmas present for her, but after a couple of years all she uses it for is streaming from her PC, or up-scaling Dvds.

I feel bad because now she wants a Wii for Wii Fit or a PS3 for Blu-Rays. The other day she mentioned that she wanted a karaoke machine and I thought it would be a good fit to just buy a game for her 360, so I feel like she uses it more often.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I've seen the Spanish language version of lips on clearance at Best Buy for about $30. It could be a great way to have fun with karaoke and learn a new language![/QUOTE]

I will look for it. I have been meaning to stop by there to see if they have uncharted or dead space on clearance. If that doesn't pan out, there is a gamestop near me with the 2 mic bundle for $50 which seems good.

bread's done
Back