Good Luck/Bad Luck Thread

Charonchan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Okay, here's how this works. For every story of getting lucky you post, you have to post a story of getting unlucky.

Good luck:
I got a copy of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for the PS1 for free at a Play-n-Trade used game sale once. I saw it up at the counter and was like "They made a game for that? Cool!" They hadn't officially priced it yet but estimated it at around $5. I was surprised to learn it was actually pretty rare!

I also won a $50 Gamestop card at a Brawl tournament at a frat. It was pretty awesome.

Bad luck:
I found a complete copy of Ehrgeiz on a road trip at some random used game store. Bought it, had to wait until I got home to play. Unfortunately, it was scratched to hell and skips...

I found Shadow Hearts: Covenant at a Gamestop after a few months of looking, right before my spring break. Bought it, got in the car, noticed one of the discs was CRACKED. Not cool. I had to wait about a month until I could get back to that gamestop, but fortunately the manager refunded my money without any trouble. (I also kept the manual and found another copy to make up for it eventually, so it wasn't all bad. I check every used game I buy now before I leave the store.)

Good Luck:
Back in 2004 I traded a DDR dance pad/game combo on original xbox for a complete copy of Snatcher on the Sega CD via GameTZ.

Bad Luck:
My Sega CD broke the day I got the game in and waited 6 years until I managed to get a working system only to find out the disc doesn't load (has a perfect circle scratch). Back in 2004 no one knew what a perfect circle scratch was, now thanks to the x360 we know better.

Good Luck:
Received the game back today from getting professionally repaired (for $6). It's scratch-free, plays perfect, looks mint.

Good Luck Found 4 copies of Black label FFVII about 3 years ago, sold each for $60+

Bad Luck
I traded My DC to GS for a Gamecube...back in 2003

Good Luck: 20+ years ago I bought a SNES off my friend for $30. He threw in a cart-only Final Fantasy III for free.

Bad Luck: I sold the SNES and FFIII to this girl in my class a few months later for $25.

Good luck:

Found Tales of Legendia and Tales of the Abyss for like $15 each at a Kmart.

Bad luck:

Looked all over town for a copy of the second Legend of Heroes game when I first got my PSP and found a Walmart that had it in stock. Waited a few months before I actually got around to playing it, when I did I discovered the metal circle thing on the back of the UMD was gone and it didn't work. Since then I always check the back of new PSP games I buy as soon as I get them.

Good Luck: After reading the Persona thread, and seeing what the game goes for, I realized I got a hell of a deal when I picked it up at a swap meet for $4 bucks.

Bad Luck: Went to a Game Crazy to buy some random PS2 Guncon & Game for $20 bucks. The store I went to didn't have it but the manager called another store and had it put on hold for me. When I showed up, the employee said it was "defective" and when I said can I see what's wrong with it he quickly said "We don't have it in stock."

Good luck: Sold Phantasmagoria PC game back in 1998 or 1999 for 150 something on ebay.
Bad luck: My brother traded in FF7, FF8, and FF9 to Game Stop. All black labels. :(

[quote name='controlcommerce']Good Luck:
Back in 2004 I traded a DDR dance pad/game combo on original xbox for a complete copy of Snatcher on the Sega CD via GameTZ.

Bad Luck:
My Sega CD broke the day I got the game in and waited 6 years until I managed to get a working system only to find out the disc doesn't load (has a perfect circle scratch). Back in 2004 no one knew what a perfect circle scratch was, now thanks to the x360 we know better.

Good Luck:
Received the game back today from getting professionally repaired (for $6). It's scratch-free, plays perfect, looks mint.[/QUOTE]
I just watched a playthrough of this game today and it is soo awesome(even changed my avatar)! I remember reading about it in the magazines back in the day wishing I had a sega cd.

This thread is hilarious! Let me add a good luck/bad luck story

GOOD - Got a huge lot of all types of video games and systems. Was mainly a SNES and N64 lot but when I got there he threw in a free PS1, NES, Turbo Grafx, Turbo Express and TG-16 games to make it an extremely good deal. I also got Secret of Mana, FF3, and Chrono Trigger as some of the SNES games (main reason for going).

BAD - Chrono Trigger needed a new battery and I had to sell all the Turbo Grafx stuff because the lot cost more then I wanted to spend.

Good luck: Getting EarthBound, Final Fantasy III, and Chrono Trigger for $3 each at a yard sale

Bad luck: The battery is going dead in FFIII. If I play a little every day, it's fine, but if I leave a save for months, it'll be gone.

bread's done
Back