Good online deals on an lcd monitor for $250-$300?

I have a widescreen 22in Westinghouse wc3 (720p res) that I use for my xbox360 and as a tv (with a tunerbox) when I'm at college and it's fantastic.

I was out on Black Friday for the same thing. There were

Best Buy (Good luck on these)

22 In Samsung - 200$
22 In Envision - 150$

Target

22 In Westinghouse - (22w3) 170$
This is the one I got and maybe the only chance for some reason there were alot left at mine. And By alot I mean like 5

24 in are only 100$+ more I seens some for about 300$ but that is with ALOT of rebates. (about $130)

Bump the amount you're willing to spend up to $300 and I'd suggest the 24" Soyo from Office Max. It's available online or in store. That's $300 after an instant rebate so it's essentially on sale this week.

It's a good P-MVA panel, 1920x1200 naitive resolution, but the features are sparse and the included cables may not be great, those might need replaced.

Well the only scaling option built in is to stretch the image. That's not a problem with Nvidia video cards though. It only has a VGA and DVI input. The built in speakers are cheap but I doubt you'd want to use them anyway. The stand feels cheap. The power light is kind of bright.

Those are all the negative things I can think of right now. I own the monitor, when my dad saw it he went out and bought one himself also. Now my computer sometimes flashes tan pixels anywhere there is a certain level of grayscale displayed. However I think that's a video card issue since my dad's identical monitor doesn't have that problem.

Also, I'd suggest buying it from an Office Max store if possible because my first one had some bad vertical lines of stuck pixels. I took it back to the Office Max that day and they swapped it out with my current one no problem. So I guess the panel quality may be hit-and-miss compared with your $500+ monitors.

(edit)Hmm, I don't see the monitor on Office Max's website but I did see it in their sale paper today.

I doubt you'll find a better deal on anything that doesn't have a TN panel. Of coruse you may not care. Anyway, this LCD thread at the AnandTech forums is very helpful. It's where I was first recommended that Soyo.

(edit)My post in the Desk thread shows the monitors.

The link I gave titled "LCD thread" has a long, extremely informative opening post about LCD types and their uses.

If I remember correctly, basically TN panels are cheaper (you won't find anything but them in sub-24" LCDs), have poor black, poor color representation (6-bit), and bad viewing angles. But they have fast responce times and are cheaper.

Your VA panels are almost as fast with a few new tricks they pulled, often have the full 8-bit color representation, and have very good viewing angles. They are more expensive. The 24" Soyo is a P-MVA panel.

The IPS panels have the best color, best black, best viewing angles, but have slow responce times. They are very expensive and hard to find.

[quote name='Filbert']I doubt you'll find a better deal on anything that doesn't have a TN panel. Of coruse you may not care. Anyway, this LCD thread at the AnandTech forums is very helpful. It's where I was first recommended that Soyo.

(edit)My post in the Desk thread shows the monitors.[/quote]

That is a very informative thread (AnandTech LCD thread). I am looking to buy a new HDTV LCD TV, and will use it as a guide of sorts. Kudos, good sir. :mrgreen:

I'm trying to find one for my 360, so it'll need a component input. I pretty much share the same price range as the OP. Any help?

[quote name='crzyboy88']I'm trying to find one for my 360, so it'll need a component input. I pretty much share the same price range as the OP. Any help?[/quote]

just find a monitor on garbage day, and buy vga cables, thats what i did, cheap ass hd thirteen.ninty-seven. 720p and i believe is 1080p capable

bread's done
Back