Good online in-browser games (strategy/rpg/multiplayer?)

coltyhuxx

CAGiversary!
It's been a while since I've seen one of these threads so I thought I'd start a new one.

Anything new people have been playing?

The new Tower Defense Pro is pretty awesome. Some nice little tweaks (though the new graphics are a little confusing to me at times.)

Just tried Evony -- wasn't too impressed. Looks like you really have to spend $$ to get enjoyment out of it. After a certain while you can't even chat with the world without buying "coin."

So, whats new out there? I'd really be interested in anything that has some strategy and/or RPG elements (thinking of like those old BBS games (Operation Overkill ;)) where you would log in once a day and perform a few turns).

I was really big into ogame for awhile. Space exploration/Defeat other ppl/Planet harvesting type stuff. You can upgrade defenses/fleet/research to insane levels, and each level takes about double the time that the previous level took. So, at first, you'll want to log on every few hours, but by about the third day or so, logging in once a day is plenty.

One I'm kind of into now is Urban Dead. Zombie apocalypse. You can play human or zombie, and it is very easy to switch back-and-forth. More strict than ogame -- each character gets 1 action point per half hour, and you can only access the game something like 160 times a day. Easy to run multiple characters.

I'm playing taverian right now. Kind of like ogame but u run a village as either 1 of 3 tribes (romans,germans, or gauls)

Hmm I played a village game a while ago but I can't remember what it was. Eh, it only amused me for a week though, hmm I think it was called Tribal Wars.

bread's done
Back