Good Place To Buy Notebook/Laptop Video Cards?

grndoom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Like the title reads, I'm looking for a good place to buy a new video card for my laptop. I've tried searching in normal vendors online (BB, newegg, tiger) but I can't seem to find anything. Is there a name they go under or some special retailer I'm missing? All I know at this point is that I want a decent 512MB card and that my laptop uses 54mm for an express card?, whatever that means. Suggestions or recommended cards are welcome too, I'd appreciate it.

eBay. Honestly, that's about the only place you will find a good deal on a used/new. Type in your laptop model and add graphics card next to it and see where that gets you to start things off.

Retailers don't sell mobile graphics cards outright. Also notebook cards MSRP are usually double if not triple what the Desktop version costs. For example, 8800GT probably goes for 120 msrp now, the 8800GTM is close to 400. Like the above post, ebay is probably your best bet, and even then you should make sure your GFX isn't soldered onto your MB(Most are).

bread's done
Back