Good price for a router???

mm74

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
i need a new router cuz my old one broke. i need one that is wireless and can be used wired too im hoping thers one out there for around $50-$70 but hav had no luck finding one like that....any help?

You can go to wal mart and get a simple belkin 54g for like 35 dollars. For most people, that's all they need. Something that will get them from point A to point B wirelessly with 4 ethernet ports.

Now, if you're a hardcore gamer, or you have a large living area, then you might need routers that support MIMO (memory in memory out) or even N (note: you need an adapter in your computer that supports N also)

Shit, if you're really cheap, you can get a router off newegg for like $20!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2052810145 4093&name=$10 - $25

i have a wireless linksys router from back in 06 that I payed like 100$ for which was prime at the time but now im wondering if i need a new one. Im moving to normal 2 bedroom 1 floor apoartment and am wondering if I need an upgrade. We will simply be running two wireless laptops and a 360 which i use a linksys wireless A/G game adapter which i also bought in 06. I dont know if the 360 is going to be able to be hard wired right to the router but should I upgrade?

Currently my stats on a speed test are.

11 MB/S Download
.48 MB/S Upload
56 MS Ping

What do you think, I do torrent a lot so speed is always nice.

sorry to thread jack, just hoping a good network person enters this page and comments on my situation seeing how yours seems good.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']i have a wireless linksys router from back in 06 that I payed like 100$ for which was prime at the time but now im wondering if i need a new one. Im moving to normal 2 bedroom 1 floor apoartment and am wondering if I need an upgrade. We will simply be running two wireless laptops and a 360 which i use a linksys wireless A/G game adapter which i also bought in 06. I dont know if the 360 is going to be able to be hard wired right to the router but should I upgrade?

11 MB/S Download
.48 MB/S Upload
56 MS Ping

What do you think, I do torrent a lot so speed is always nice.[/quote]

Unless you have the hardware for higher speeds such as G and N it's not going to do you any good to upgrade.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']i have a wireless linksys router from back in 06 that I payed like 100$ for which was prime at the time but now im wondering if i need a new one. Im moving to normal 2 bedroom 1 floor apoartment and am wondering if I need an upgrade. We will simply be running two wireless laptops and a 360 which i use a linksys wireless A/G game adapter which i also bought in 06. I dont know if the 360 is going to be able to be hard wired right to the router but should I upgrade?

11 MB/S Download
.48 MB/S Upload
56 MS Ping

What do you think, I do torrent a lot so speed is always nice.[/quote]
Those speed test results are your speed out to the internet. They are usually capped by your ISP, so I'm assuming your cap is around 10-11mbps.

Unless you know for sure that your ISP provides a higher speed than that, and you are paying for that level of service, a new router would have no effect on your internet speed.

MotzCTG, I just ordered that TP-Link. I will try that router after reading the reviews and your recommendation. Cant beat $30 if I can get a good connection for all my game systems and laptop.

bread's done
Back