Good PS2 online games

axylfyre

CAGiversary!
I am just now getting into the online PS2 gaming scene. So i want to get the best games that are still played online. What games are still played online?

I hope this isn't a copy thread if so, i am sorry. I did look.

A couple thousand people still play Socom 3/CA I believe. Also the Madden servers are supposedly still active.

I know a couple hundred still play Socom 2, but its probably mostly cheaters

Dont really know what else has been poppin off on the PS2

http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/content_gameslist_na.php

This is the site you should be using...

There are many games online still, mostly hosted by Game Spy. EA seems to close servers as the new game comes online. NASCAR '08 is still playable for example but since NASCAR '09 is out, that shouldn't be up too much longer.

I bought TWM Black just for its online disc, only to find that it had gone offline. You can tunnel play via Xlink, I haven't tired yet.

I bought a used PS2 slim a year ago and I wanted to test the ethernet port. On a lark I popped in Star Wars Battlefront 2. There were quite a few players still, so I'd say online is active depending on which game you're thinking of playing. I do remeber that Capcom shut down servers to many of its PS2 games a while back like Resident Evil Outbreak, so you probably want to avoid some of their titles

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/capcom-to-shut-down-ps2-games-online-services-2007125/

Question: I never played online with my ps2, so I dont know how it works, what I want to know is if you put put a ps2 game that still has online service in your ps3, are you able to play it online through your psn account? or dosent that work?

I ask because I know there was some xbox games that you couldent go online with the the new version of XBL they released for the 360 when it was first released.

It won't run through your PSN account but you can go online with PS2 games through the PS3 provided you download some little program from Sony. I can't remember what it is called off the top of my head but it is available in the PS Store.

[quote name='Halo05']It won't run through your PSN account but you can go online with PS2 games through the PS3 provided you download some little program from Sony. I can't remember what it is called off the top of my head but it is available in the PS Store.[/quote]

If its what I'm thinking, it was some compatibility program for PS2 software, or something like that. But I thought it was finally built in to the firmware a few versions ago...

Maybe it was, I still have the little program sitting in my PS3 in case I randomly decide to play Socom 3. I should run a test and see if I can play it online without the file.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']If its what I'm thinking, it was some compatibility program for PS2 software, or something like that. But I thought it was finally built in to the firmware a few versions ago...[/quote]

"That Innsmouth look" - hilarious

bread's done
Back