Good PS3 Racer?

prerunnintaco

CAG Veteran
Sup everyone?
Im a long time lurker on this site and would like to thank all the guys/gals who post up the ad previews everyweek...those have really come in handy :D But onto the topic, Im a PS3 owner and with racing being my favorite genre from the PS2 times, Im lookin for a new racing game on the PS3. The only ones I have right now are NFS Carbon and NFS Pro Street which I thought were both good but I rarely play them now since I've done everything there was to do in them. I've got my eyes on NFS Undercover (played the NFS shift demo but didnt like it) but I see its got not so good reviews and SEVERAL friends have recommended that I get Midnight Club LA. Ive never played any of the midnight club games and LA looks good but I just want something that will keep me entertained for a while. It took no time to knock out Carbon and Pro Street wasnt too long either. Any suggestions?

Burnout Paradise!

If more realistic type racing is what you are in to, then I can't help you. But Burnout is fast, fun, and there are tons of things to do. Plus it's cheap.

Midnight Club LA is great, it's only like $30 now too. There's also Gran Turismo Prologue as well as Gran Turismo 5 which hopefully will be released this year. I'd also highly recommend WipeOut HD from PSN.

i demoed almost every racer on the psn and the only one worth owning/spending money on was burnout paradise, and its very inexpensive, especially used. wipeout and grid are also good, but again, if i had to pick only one it would be the one i picked (ultimate)

Burnout paradise and Midnight club if your into arcady type racers. Grid and Dirt 2 if your into semi realistic/simulation type racers.

There's Pure, which is different from the sim based racers. Also hear Sonic and Sega All Stars is decent, however, I haven't seen a good deal for it yet.

Otherwise, yeah, there's Burnout and GT Prologue. Don't get shift, they got stuck in between Arcade and Sim. Plus the physics are just horrible, same with the controls.

Also, you can probably find Sega Rally Revo for cheap, not too many online or multiplayer options since it was an early game, but it's arcadey. There's also Dirt 2 which I enjoy as well. A demo is still available I believe.

I haven't played much of Midnight Club, but from what little I played, it was basically the same as the PS2 MC2, just improve graphics and different cars (more brand names). I also think it's a good deal for the complete edition, about $30.

Another vote for Burnout Paradise. TONS to do in that game.

Blur, Split/Second, and ModNation come out in under a month... can't speak for the end products there of course.

yeah if u want a REAL sim racer, i think grid would be a better choice, but for fun value, burnout is the best, i mean its just a blast to play

sega rally = revamped mario kart w/ sonic characters (no knuckleS?) but its fun like mario kart

oh btw, dirt 2 is a great off road/non street racing game with alotta vehicles, not just cars

Gran Turismo 5 is great. It actually got pushed back to 2015 to coincide with the launch of the Playstation 4. PS4 has a built in time travel feature so I am able to come back here and tell you about it.

The Xbox 720 also has time travel, but it's a bulky addon and uses up a USB port. PS4 time travel is wireless! But Forza 12 is still a damn good game.

if youre only looking or a sp experience then id say burnout or dirt ( theres a number of demos on psn for alot of racing games ) but if you want to play against people id suggest picking up gta4 episodes from liberty city.( mainly because if you get tired of the online stuff youd have 2 diff single player games that ive heard are alot better than the basic gta4 game).

[quote name='ssjmichael']everyone should own burnout paradise.[/QUOTE]
+1

it might be an NYC thing ;) but i totally agree, if theres one racer to own, its burnout

[quote name='chrislisting']+1

it might be an NYC thing ;) but i totally agree, if theres one racer to own, its burnout[/QUOTE]

I had Burnout and pretty much traded it after about a week. There really wasn't much in there as far as me wanting to keep playing it, but I suppose it may have been the non-licensed cars.

Dirt series
Burnout Paradise
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
Midnight Club LA
Wipeout HD
Modnation Racers (when it's released)

Kinda what everyone else has said but compiled into a list. I've played each game though and my top 3 would have to be Dirt 2-Grid-Midnight Club LA.

in no particular order:

1)Midnight club
2)Burnout
3)Fuel....surprised no mention of this, being I got if for $10, and the amount of square acreage and stuff to do is amazing!!!

[quote name='shadowkast']in no particular order:

3)Fuel....surprised no mention of this, being I got if for $10, and the amount of square acreage and stuff to do is amazing!!![/QUOTE]

This just came in from my Gamefly que. Looking forward to playing it but it's the 360 version.

bread's done
Back