Good Racing Games

CrimsonPaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Guys, I'm scheduled to head out of town for work in a few weeks and wanted to get a decent racing game for the PSP. I've got Burnout Legends and Wipeout Pure but wanted to know what else you suggest. I've had Ridge Racer and couldn't get into it as well as Midnight Club: Dub Edition.

Suggestions? Are the NFS games any good on the PSP? Hell, I even thought about possibly grabbing SSX.

World Rally Championship is supposed to be good, if you can find it. Same deal with Race Driver.

Wipeout Pure/Pulse, Ridge Racer, Burnout Dominator and surprisingly Need for Speed Carbon are my favorite racing games. Of course, it'll change once GT Mobile comes out.

So is the consensus that NFS Carbon is the best NFS hands down on PSP? Whats good/bad about the game, how does it compare to NFS MW for 360?

Outrun is really good but it was a bitch to find today. It was in GS clearance bin but they don't even sell new copies of it anymore. I luckily found a new copy for $9.99 at Game Crazy.

Initial D is fun once you learn your way around the Japanese menus. The music is a bit fruity but I still have a blast with it.

I'm a huge Outrun fan, but I couldn't stand the PSP version. Just didn't feel anywhere near smooth enough to be playable, but then, I was used to play the Xbox and PC versions of the game, so perhaps I'm spoiled. Either way, if you didn't like Ridge Racer, I don't think you'd dig Outrun 2006 too much, either.

Gripshift is an overlooked gem of a racing game.

$15 at Shopko

I also think that Race Driver 2006 and Ridge Racer are the best racing games on the system.

Test Drive Unlimited is quite good, but the 360 version is waaaaay better :D
I like Carbon, Race Driver (06?) and the two Burnout games on the PSP.

bread's done
Back