Good SAT books?

Well, I work for Kaplan, a test prep company based out of Washington DC (I think - we're a subsidiary of The Washington Post), so I can personally comment on their books. They have a good strategy and the books are put together quite well (though, then again, I am very familiar with them). I know that the few books I've seen from Princeton review are also good.

Basically, pick a reputable book, but be sure do the book (or at least read through the sections of the test you want to improve on). The greatest book in the world will fail to raise your grade if you never look through it.

Additionally, I know that the Kaplan books have practice tests in the back. Take those tests under game day conditions (properly timed, in a quiet, mostly annoyance-free zone). Also, be prepared to take the test more than once. The SAT is the first real marathon of a test you'll take in your life (and in most cases, the only one). It is 4 hours long and being mentally prepared to still do well on that last hour is key.

Take it a few times; it won't hurt you.

Feel free to shoot me a PM with any other, specific questions.

It's been a few years since I took the SATs, but the book(s) I used were from the CollegeBoard.

Considering it's CollegeBoard that does the SAT, I figured they were pretty much the best option. I think I got mine for like $10-11 off either B&N or Amazon (pretty sure B&N).

I had a version of this book for the regular SAT: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Th...oard/e/9780874478525/?itm=1&USRI=collegeboard and a copy of this book for the subject tests (never took any though): http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Th...oard/e/9780874477566/?itm=5&USRI=collegeboard

Also, I don't know how much it's changed, but when I took the SATs a friend of mine had the Kaplan book for it and felt like the book I had was better. It's all personal opinion (and I really think that honestly, the books won't really help you that much, other than to familiarize you with the styles of questions that are asked).

bread's done
Back