Good System Selector

A Happy Panda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
I know there's a thread like this every once in awhile, but unfortunately, the search function isn't working so I'm going to ask anyways.

Anyone know where I can find a reasonably priced system selector with component inputs at a B&M?

I've only ever seen the $20 Pelican ones....but uh yeah, those look iffy.

I've had a Pelican selector for going on about three years now. Works great. It's not the most beautiful thing in the world, but the connectors feel very solid, and I have had no issues with it.

[quote name='Gourd']I've had a Pelican selector for going on about three years now. Works great. It's not the most beautiful thing in the world, but the connectors feel very solid, and I have had no issues with it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I have had one or 2 from them. One component and one composit. Both are great for 20 bucks. I have a sony one also that was composit but it was 2 or 3 times the price. Pelican makes a component selector that is about 100 or 200 cant remember but the 20 dollar one is just fine. They also make an HDMI that I think has 4 or 7 in it and is about 200 or 300. On the 20 dollar one unless they went cheap like gourd said the connectors feel very solid. If I remember correctly you also get markers to place above the buttons so you know what one is for what system. Only down side to it is the thing has a cheap feel other then the connectors. Buttons don't feel to bad but the case does. Odd thing is its not. Mine has worked great and has been droped a lot. I like it better then the sony that I spent 2 or 3 times as much for. It is a great buy and their is no point in buying one for over 20 bucks as long as they keep selling this.

I have the psyclone which sells for $99 at Best Buy. It isn't perfect - I'm having some problems with minor crawling bars - like a bad cable or terminator. But it has four inputs with fiber optic audio, component, and composite. Credit card IR remote. Unfortunately, the remote only has up/down - not input 1,2,3,4 - so you can't put it on a learning remote as an automatic "go to this input"

[quote name='Gourd']I've had a Pelican selector for going on about three years now. Works great. It's not the most beautiful thing in the world, but the connectors feel very solid, and I have had no issues with it.[/QUOTE]
I can also vouch for the 20 dollar pelican system selector's quality.

bread's done
Back