Good website to get Quality Chef Knife set ?

nonggame

CAGiversary!
Well I'm looking for a well made Chef Knife set , anyone here can recommend me a website or two. ^__^

Thanks in advance.

Buy the knifes seperatly. You can buy single knifes and it's better than buying a whole set. Make sure you hold it and it feels good in your hand. Shun's a good brand. Get the 8 inch chef's knife then get a pairing knife or a santoku.

[quote name='Deathmonkey']well it may not be up to the quality that you're looking for but Amazon usually has a set of Chicago Cutlery on sale every Friday during their ... um Friday Sale.

They had this set for $30 a couple weeks ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Cutle...4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1185945668&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

Those aren't a good set. Chicago Cutlery makes good stuff for everyday light to medium home use.

Here's a good set of CC

http://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Cutle...3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1185946919&sr=1-3

Now if your wanting great stuff your going to pay for it but; Wusthof, Henckels, MAC, Kershaw, all make great stuff a basic collection will proly cost you $400 or so. Most important thing with a knife is the feel. Chicago Cutlery doesn't make stamped knives with their higher quality stuff, and they have a full tang.

Overall no matter what knives you buy its very important you hone it before each use, and sharpen it every 3 months or so. I'm speaking of home use.

Also if your buying a Japanese knife they blade is singled sided know as D edge. If your not a pro its going to take a couple of minutes to get used to it. You'll notice it'll want to pull one way. Your German, and American Knives have the standard "V" Edge.

how much would a decent set tend to run you though overall ? i know someone whose into cooking and has been wanting a set for a while now.

I have a set of Henckels Four Star. I hated the handles of the Five Star. Probably one of the best knives you can own. A set will run you about $300-380 on the high end. OP, you may want to check your local Macys or Bed Bath and Beyond. Sometimes you can use the 20% coupons they provide to get a decent deal on them.

bread's done
Back