Good Wii Boxing titles?

Ultramontane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey there - looking for some suggestions for a good Wii boxing game. My main concern is that it plays well with motion control. I could care less about story or graphics. Other than Wii Sports, are there any games out there? Thanks

-Ultra

I think that Punch-Out!! is probably your best bet. The biggest complaint was that (especially on harder levels) the quick reactions required to do well might make motion control tougher than just using buttons - so most traditional gamers simply chose not to make the effort.

A bit surprising that there hasn't been anything better... but the basic Wii controls weren't really accurate enough to make it worthwhile. I'm hoping that there will be a MotionPlus game eventually that does a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
had a bit of fun with Victorious Boxers Revolution once I got the controls down.

But that and Punch-Out are really the only things worth playing outside of Wii Sports

Stay FAR away from 'Ready to Rumble: Revolution'. That game was universally panned, and said to be broken to the point of being unplayable.

You might check your local Sams Club for Punchout if you do decide to go with this game. Several members have reported finding copies near them for $8.xx.

[quote name='Got_Wii']You might check your local Sams Club for Punchout if you do decide to go with this game. Several members have reported finding copies near them for $8.xx.[/QUOTE]

yeah go to samsclub.com first and see if its in stock in your area. I don't have punch out but heard good things. I also enjoy the orignal wii sports boxing although you have that already.

I picked up the Don King Boxing game during Gamefly's end of year sale, and compared to what else is out there, it's not half bad (I've also owned Showtime Championship Boxing, but thought it was a joke). I like the sim nature of it, but it's not without its problems. The biggest complaints have been the strange lack of depth perception and that if you're not constantly backing your opponent down, it's difficult to tell whether you can reach him or not. I will say, the punching mechanics are very well done though. Throwing straights, hooks, and uppercuts feels very natural. This is one game I could definitely see being vastly improved by Motion Plus. Not sure if 2K has any plans for a follow up, but I still think you could have fun with it. Plus, you should be able to find it for pretty cheap.

bread's done
Back