goodwill find

thetoxicone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I was going around with the wife to a couple goodwills and they had leftover stuff from the old dew-u promotion from mountain dew. They had shirts, hats, towels, coolers, xbox live kits, and wireless controllers. So I picked up an Xbox live kit for $30. My goodwills are no where near any mountain dew places so they may have gotten these items nationally and sent it around to all goodwills (since two in my town had the stuff and at the same prices as well).

(Little Goodwill secret from a ex-employee)

Usually each major metro area has a central location that gets donated goods from large companies (ie: Target). From there they price the idems and shuffle them down to the various Goodwill stores around the metro area. Its amazing how badly they mark this stuff sometimes - I've seen back in my day like litearly mint condition 2 level book shelves marked for $3.00 to (knock yourselves dead here) "The Sims" for SIXTY FREAKIN CENTS (back when it was a new game on the market). But I'd also seen many nasty deals as well (LOTR: Return Of The King with only disc 2 for $15).

Pretty good deal on the XBox Live kit for $30, however the best deal I have seen on em is $7.96 for the really old ones at Circuit City. However that's if you even see them anymore, as most stores have had them cleaned out eons ago.

bread's done
Back