Google $10 off $10 DVD deals

hopeunknown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I figured since there's one in the VGD forum, might as well start one here. :)

I've gotten some good deals off DVDPlanet...

Lady Vengeance - $6.95
2046 - $5.49
Grave of the Fireflies (non-SE) - $2.95 :hot:

Plus their Criterion sale is still on. You can get quite a few Criterions that'd otherwise be $30-40 for $10-20. Not too shabby. :D

HD-DVD and Blu-Ray's are the BIG deals too, since they are RARELY on sale.

Bestprices.com seems to have the "Best Prices" on these also.

[quote name='Brian9824']Is there a list of sites that accept this? Also can you keep making new google checkout accounts?[/QUOTE]

The major stores that accept it in my mind:
Buy.com
Toysrus.com
CDUniverse.com
DVDPlanet.com
DVDEmpire.com

And yes you can keep making new google checkout accounts. I've done it about 5 times with the same name, same address, and same credit card... just a different email address.

Hi

Just took advantage of that deal myself:

-Cube (SE)
-Jaws 3
-The howling 2

All 3 shipped from DVD planet for $15.97. I have the whole series now for these movies.

Thanks OP

Patrick

This thing is driving me nuts. I've tried both accounts I've used before as well as brand new gmail accounts I've made, and I can't get the $10 thing to work.

I'm familiar with the process since I used it to death during the buy.com thing. The checkout goes fine but once I'm on the "submit and place order" screen through Google Checkout, there's no $10 discount. Is anyone else not getting the $10 to come up? Both dvdplanet and bestprices don't work for me.

And yes, the thing I'm trying to get is in stock.

I took advantage of the B1G1 TV Boxed Set deal and bought Huff Season 1 and Just Shoot Me Seasons 1+2 for $24 after S+H at DVDplanet

I got the 3 x 3 eyes collection used from dvdplanet for only 12$, very good deal that's about 80% off retail

[quote name='KaneRobot']This thing is driving me nuts. I've tried both accounts I've used before as well as brand new gmail accounts I've made, and I can't get the $10 thing to work.

I'm familiar with the process since I used it to death during the buy.com thing. The checkout goes fine but once I'm on the "submit and place order" screen through Google Checkout, there's no $10 discount. Is anyone else not getting the $10 to come up? Both dvdplanet and bestprices don't work for me.

And yes, the thing I'm trying to get is in stock.[/QUOTE]

Same problem here...

Thanks, it worked at dvdplanet for me. I'm wondering if I could use this over and over w/o making new e-mail account. I rather not keep track of those e-mail accounts. It will just drive me up the wall.:roll:

Damn. I can't get this to work at all. I've tried new e-mail addresses and everything in two different browsers even just to see if it would make a difference.

[quote name='captainfrizo']Damn. I can't get this to work at all. I've tried new e-mail addresses and everything in two different browsers even just to see if it would make a difference.[/QUOTE]

Did you try another credit card for the new account

[quote name='KaneRobot']This thing is driving me nuts. I've tried both accounts I've used before as well as brand new gmail accounts I've made, and I can't get the $10 thing to work.

And yes, the thing I'm trying to get is in stock.[/QUOTE]

Are you making the account while your in checkout or ahead of time?

It's worked everytime for me except once. That one time it didn't work, I filled out the information during the checkout procedure... so I'm guessing it might not work that way. If you've been filling out the information during the checkout, try going to checkout.google.com and setting up your account their.

[quote name='OuTrAgE']Are you making the account while your in checkout or ahead of time?

It's worked everytime for me except once. That one time it didn't work, I filled out the information during the checkout procedure... so I'm guessing it might not work that way. If you've been filling out the information during the checkout, try going to checkout.google.com and setting up your account their.[/QUOTE]
Yep, that's what I've been doing. I'll give it a shot.

*Edit* - No dice. Oh well.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']The other day I also got in on City of God for $4.38 and Lady Vengeance for $6.95. Fantastic prices.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, where did you buy Lady Vengeance from? I've been meaning to buy that movie.

[quote name='bullsrfive']Bought Serenity for $6.67. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

Bleh... that's what I was trying to buy :(

[quote name='y2kenjination']Hmmm, where did you buy Lady Vengeance from? I've been meaning to buy that movie.[/quote]

for myself, i got it at dvdplanet.

great movie, i just watched it. :D

Here are the orders I placed:

Johnny Cash: Live at Montreux DVDPlanet $3.82
Music for Montserrat DVDPlanet $3.82
Man on Fire Special Edition DVDPlanet $11.32
Get Carter SE DVDPlanet $2.25
Phil Collins Finally the First Farewell DVDPlanet $12.40
Equilibrium DVDPlanet $3.02
BlackHawk Down Special Edition DVDPlanet $22.13
Gladiator 3-disc Extended Buy.com $19.95
Kingdom of Heaven Directors 4 disc edition Buy.com $18

All but one have shipped.

[quote name='hopeunknown']for myself, i got it at dvdplanet.

great movie, i just watched it. :D[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks. Gonna have to jump on this deal. =)

I tried doing this a few times the other night. Four went through, but the fifth one wouldn't so I just let it go. The four have shipped, but I just received this email:

"Hello,

It appears that you have created several accounts in order to take
advantage of our new promotion. However, creating multiple accounts is not
allowed under the terms of this promotion.

As a result, we have suspended your additional accounts and their
associated transactions. You may continue to make purchases with your
original Google Checkout account at this time.

The promotion terms were developed to ensure a positive user experience
for everyone. If your account use continues not to comply with these
terms, you may not be eligible to make purchases through Google Checkout
in the future.

Sincerely,

The Google Checkout Team"

Ooops.:oops: Well, just a heads-up to everyone else I suppose. Like I said, it looks like my first four have shipped, so I'm just gonna leave well enough alone & go back to being a good little Google Checkout user from now on. O:)

got my paypal debit card in the mail (finally!) and placed some more orders tonight on dvdplanet:

delicatessen (used) ~$6 shipped
angel links vol 1 (used) and devil's backbone ~ $4 shipped

i'm probably gonna order the comedians of comedy dvd next week too for about ~$4 shipped. kekeke, i

[quote name='hopeunknown']got my paypal debit card in the mail (finally!) and placed some more orders tonight on dvdplanet:

delicatessen (used) ~$6 shipped
angel links vol 1 (used) and devil's backbone ~ $4 shipped

i'm probably gonna order the comedians of comedy dvd next week too for about ~$4 shipped. kekeke, i

[quote name='Mugen']Is that paypal debit card free and how long did it take them to ship it to you?[/quote]

i think you have to have the seller account (premiere i think) and it took about a week or two to get to me

fyi, dvdplanet ships like DDD, in cardboard box thingies. i got 2 of my orders in one box, pretty convenient. a little slower but no biggie to me.

i'm debating on buying more stuff, but not sure what. so far i've nabbed 2046, lady vengeance, grave of the fireflies, sex and fury, delicatessen (used), angel links vol 1, and devil's backbone for a total of probably like $20-25. any recommendations?

i've been thinking of picking up pink flamingos for $1.95 shipped, haha. i was also thinking maybe tetsuo: the iron man for 9ish, storytelling or palindromes (10ish each), orrrr I don't even know what. Any recommendations?

[quote name='argyle']I tried doing this a few times the other night. Four went through, but the fifth one wouldn't so I just let it go. The four have shipped, but I just received this email:

"Hello,

It appears that you have created several accounts in order to take
advantage of our new promotion. However, creating multiple accounts is not
allowed under the terms of this promotion.

As a result, we have suspended your additional accounts and their
associated transactions. You may continue to make purchases with your
original Google Checkout account at this time.

The promotion terms were developed to ensure a positive user experience
for everyone. If your account use continues not to comply with these
terms, you may not be eligible to make purchases through Google Checkout
in the future.

Sincerely,

The Google Checkout Team"

Ooops.:oops: Well, just a heads-up to everyone else I suppose. Like I said, it looks like my first four have shipped, so I'm just gonna leave well enough alone & go back to being a good little Google Checkout user from now on. O:)[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to be more careful with this promotion from now on.

bread's done
Back